[Q] Camera uses "Photos" as default viewer -- I want to use "Gallery"

Search This thread

sshanky

May 29, 2009
[Q] Camera uses "Photos" as default viewer -- I want to use "Gallery"

I thought I would like using the new "photos" app that is provided on the Moto X. It has nice editing functions and it also uploads photos to Google for me as a backup.

However, I am not happy with it -- reviewing photos doesn't work because it makes the photos very dim, and there are other issues with it making me want to go back to Gallery as the app that the Camera will use when I review photos I've just taken.

Problem is, I can't find the "Photos" app listed in Settings -> Apps anywhere. I've checked everywhere. So I can't clear the defaults. I've even downloaded a default app settings app, and Photos doesn't show up in there, either. It says Gallery is still my default app, so I cleared that default. Still, when I take a pic and the slide to the left to review it, Photos is the app that shows my image.

Anyone have any ideas how to undo my selection of it as the default viewer app from the Camera?

Thanks!

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
I think the "Photos" gallery is part of Google+.

Maybe you can uninstall updates and then freeze that app to force it to reset to the gallery that is tied to the Camera app?

I thought I would like using the new "photos" app that is provided on the Moto X. It has nice editing functions and it also uploads photos to Google for me as a backup.

However, I am not happy with it -- reviewing photos doesn't work because it makes the photos very dim, and there are other issues with it making me want to go back to Gallery as the app that the Camera will use when I review photos I've just taken.

Problem is, I can't find the "Photos" app listed in Settings -> Apps anywhere. I've checked everywhere. So I can't clear the defaults. I've even downloaded a default app settings app, and Photos doesn't show up in there, either. It says Gallery is still my default app, so I cleared that default. Still, when I take a pic and the slide to the left to review it, Photos is the app that shows my image.

Anyone have any ideas how to undo my selection of it as the default viewer app from the Camera?

Thanks!

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
Settings >> Apps >> Google+ >> clear defaults.

Photos is part of google+, so you'll need to clear the defaults for all of the apps tied to it.