[Q&A][Evita] AICP

Search This thread
T

tinyb0b

You should pay the few bucks it costs for Titanium Backup Pro, you can schedule auto backups to run whenever you want. Right now though you're straight outta luck. Is that all you use ROM Toolbox for? Titanium is far superior.

Sent from my Evita

I know i can use TWRP to make backups of system, data, boot, cache, recovery, or android secure partitions. If I factory reset and reflash this rom could i just restore the backups i make right now?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Don't make a backup of your system partition, or you'll end up with the same boot loop. Why don't you just clean flash? You're almost certainly going to have problems, so it seems like you're just avoiding the inevitable for the sake of a few apps.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: oranget
T

tinyb0b

Don't make a backup of your system partition, or you'll end up with the same boot loop. Why don't you just clean flash? You're almost certainly going to have problems, so it seems like you're just avoiding the inevitable for the sake of a few apps.

Sent from my Evita

I didn't make a backup of the system partition. I ended up making no backups at all and just made a fresh install.
P.S. i knew that using the same system partition would give boot loop.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I didn't make a backup of the system partition. I ended up making no backups at all and just made a fresh install.
P.S. i knew that using the same system partition would give boot loop.

Ok, I was just making sure you had all the information. Wasn't sure how experienced you were after going through this issue you're having with you. You're all good now? Booted up?

Out of interest, exactly what did you change in the build.prop that caused the boot loop in the first place?

Sent from my Evita

T

tinyb0b

Ok, I was just making sure you had all the information. Wasn't sure how experienced you were after going through this issue you're having with you. You're all good now? Booted up?

Out of interest, exactly what did you change in the build.prop that caused the boot loop in the first place?

Sent from my Evita

Yep. booted up with no problems. Thanks for your help:highfive: I'm pretty sure I changed the device model and manufacturer in the build.prop.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yep. booted up with no problems. Thanks for your help:highfive: I'm pretty sure I changed the device model and manufacturer in the build.prop.

No problems. I regularly change the model from One X to One XL in the build.prop (I'm anal about it displaying the actual model rather than the incorrect North American carrier branding).

Just be careful about doing that though, if you change it too wildly it can have disastrous consequences. If you use something like ROM Manager to flash your recovery, that app grabs the device info from the build.prop so if you have it set to another device and use ROM Manager to flash a recovery it'll flash the wrong recovery and brick your phone. This has happened to a few users that I know of.

The above mentioned problem is part of the reason why I'm pretty strongly against using any automated app/toolbox to flash a recovery/boot.img/ROM etc. It removes the element of control that a user should have when performing such an action, and that in turn removes any precautionary discretion that the user would normally exercise.

Anyway, I'm glad you're all set now, glad that I could help.

Sent from my Evita

T

tinyb0b

Hey me again...
Where can I enable the onscreen navigation. I've found where i can customize it, but not enable it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be patient. its not like OP has to update this...he brought the ROM in his free time, and maintains it in his free time too

at any rate, never ask for ETA's

@Scozzar @pandasa123 @chris906 I will have update coming soon. I will have three versions. Such as AICP 2 , AICP2.5 <-- next version , AICP3. AICP versions with the .5s will be only for this rom other AICP rom maintainers wont release .5 versions but I will to update its base source codes. Updating it like this should fix some errors.

I have been busy with my school work but I also erased my last OS and am setting upa VM and dedicating 500gbs to it along with 4 or more gbs of ram. I have 16 gbs of ram and can allocate ram b/w pc and virtual machine depending on what Im doing. Im doing it like this so I have more storage space available.

I will be releasing AICP 2.5 this weekend or earlier as soon as my virtual machine is all set up. >.- My other rom will also be updated at the same time. Im doing it like this because now I can play games like BF4, AC4, Titanfall at the same time as building roms and coding. Couldnt do it at same time w/out vm so no Im more motivated. Just setting up build enviroment. Then going to set up workspaces for 6 roms im maintaining and finish 2 eng111 essays. :D Thats why Ive been busy.

@nicolahaye this only works on devices with navbars already. Ill ask about getting an option to enable one.

Uh oh....you're in trouble.. Lol

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    @oranget sorry just have been extremely busy and setting up a build enviroment on vm for more space for school and other stuff. updates for all roms I maintain will be coming soon
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AICP
    http://i.imgur.com/9wtSOkh.jpg
    For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Official] AICP - 2.0 - KK <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.

z7e6jQa.jpg
    Are your active notifications turned on? If so, turn them off, see if they go away.

That was it. Actually, there's a setting for lockscreen notifications that I turned off. Still can get active notifications, but no more of the other. Thanks!

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK. Force closes on messaging.

Well report to the team thanks for letting us know!
    @chrisb906 try wiping cache and data off sms app? then reboot see what happens might work. If not full wipe or try third part sms app like google hangouts as main sms app or Textra.
    @cbasse + @oranget thanks for help each other to solve each others problems! If anyone finds bugs please do @Techinstein or if major bug pm me or also the bug option on top of tab section!

Glad its super stable for you guys! Is on my testing device. A little birdie told me an update is coming. >.- Making AICP for a legacy xperia device also official. Now going to be managing at least 6 roms! :p Thank others and me included if we help you in any way!
    What happened? This place just died?

In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita