[Stock] [ROM] Karbonn Titanium S5 plus / S5+

Search This thread

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
is carbon rom ready.......
i guess its near to late november
im ready to test it out nd tell u bout the recommendations nd errors in it...
im waitin

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Cyclone using XDA Free mobile app

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
help me now

How ? Please post some screenshots. Did you try the PhilZ Touch Recovery which I created ? I can guarantee you that it works as I currently have it installed onto my device, and is working properly now. Can you boot into the system ? If you can, then try installing it through this method :

Place the recovery.img file in the Internal Storage or External SD Card -- Here, I'm placing it as in storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img

Install Terminal Emulator or any such app onto the phone and Open it.

Type these commands one by one :

su -- This gives root permissions to the Command Executor.

flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/xxxxrecovery.img -- This flashes the recovery image file to the recovery partition.

Close the Terminal Window.

Hope this reply helped. PM me if you have any queries.

i have installed team win recovery project somehow but still canot do factory restore
:crying::crying::confused::confused:

is carbon rom ready.......
i guess its near to late november
im ready to test it out nd tell u bout the recommendations nd errors in it...
im waitin

Kinda busy now ... I'm presently trying out each and every method that i'm finding out there on the internet to solve the status 6 flash errors in ClockWorkMod recovery. It still doesn't flash properly, but i'll see... i'll upload a build of it to Google drive within a few days, you'll have to package the files into a zip file manually and sign it manually. As of now, that is the only error remaining.
You can edit the files there and see if you can fix any errors, but the final changes will have to be decided by me.
I'll upload it within a few days, or later if I get too busy. I have a lot of other development projects to complete, so I can't give all my time to this. Hope you guys can help me. I'm uploading the META-INF folder to Google drive, try and edit it and post any possible changes and fixes here. Any queries or edits about the ROM can be messaged to me, and I'll try and incorporate it into the final build.
The META-INF folder :
tr.im/36704
The Password for the META-INF folder :
tr.im/5c3ce

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
thanx bt
is it true tht ther is a android l rom fr our phone

which r the upcoming roms fr this phone....
thnx

nd btw how to sign the meta inf folder....i dk anythin much about makin roms...ill try if u tell me how to...again thanx

My To-Do list.

thanx bt
is it true tht ther is a android l rom fr our phone

which r the upcoming roms fr this phone....
thnx

nd btw how to sign the meta inf folder....i dk anythin much about makin roms...ill try if u tell me how to...again thanx

The META-INF folder is a folder in which all the codes, scripts and binaries are located to install the new ROM. It is not installable on its own. I have just uploaded the files so that anybody can point out any errors in the code and so that I can do so accordingly to make the ROM work.
Here is my to-do list of the ROMs :
Project CarbonForKarbonn -- Android Kitkat 4.4 -- Presently working on it. -- First priority
Stock ROM Flashable Zip -- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 -- Presently working on it. -- Second priority
MIUI v6 or latest MIUI -- Depends on MIUI version -- Pending -- Fifth priority
Xperia ROM v3 -- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 -- Pending -- Third priority
Android L ROM -- Android Lollipop 5.0 -- Waiting for stable Android L Factory images in Zip file -- Fourth priority

To sign a zip file ( doesn't work with this one ), you need to download the ZipSigner App ( tr.im/26fbc ), input the ROM zip file from your SD Card, select any of the keys ( preferably auto ) and sign it.

Oh, and one more thing, I could certainly use some help here developing ROMs for this phone. Anybody can volunteer, as that helps speed up the ROM development ( I'm the only one working on it. ).

Even if you're a nobody in the field of Android Development, you could get started with the basics just by browsing around XDA. I got involved because of a font file which corrupted my phone, and then browsed around XDA, and now, within four months or so, I'm already a ROM developer !

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

i have installed team win recovery project somehow but still canot do factory restore
:crying::crying::confused::confused:
Factory restore or Factory reset ? If you want to revert back to the stock ROM after flashing a Custom ROM without taking a ClockWorkMod or TWRP backup first, then you cannot. If you just want to wipe all user data in the existing ROM and start fresh in it, then you can do so. For factory reset, I prefer PhilZ Touch Recovery. Try installing it and then do so.

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
i ll try out
actually i wud love this job
bt being a 10th std student i hv very less tym on making roms and stuffs....ill try nd help u out....thnx again nd pls mention ur real name ...

pls give any means of contact...eg::: facebook...whatsapp....or anythin

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
cn u upload the build.....plsss

hey cn u pls upload carbon rom
nd btw do we need a seperate recovery fr it or cn we flash it with the
cwm we hv...

nd androidone devices hv same chipset as ours....so any chance of porting:confused:
anyways pls upload it nw.....i wl test nd tell u...if any probs is ther i will tey to fix or tell u to fix

Nutcrack3R

Nov 28, 2014
YGDP,It seems to stop working and i really need your help

I have installed MIUI custom rom on my s5 plus mobile , now i am just trying to get back to stock rom but am not able to , please help me .
The procedure and stock rom are all good but all of the suden even though i start the ygdp with admin rights , when i press the start button it stops working .
Please find an solution .

I have installed MIUI custom rom on my s5 plus mobile , now i am just trying to get back to stock rom but am not able to , please help me .
The procedure and stock rom are all good but all of the suden even though i start the ygdp with admin rights , when i press the start button it stops working .
Please find an solution .
I have mentioned in my earlier posts and yet, I'll mention it again, YGDP is not that good. I doesn't work most of the time and so, I took up the project of developing a flashable Stock ROM zip file. It is still in development, so till then, you can hang around with the Xperia v2 ROM.

Jul 31, 2014
query about flashable stock rom zip for karbonn titanium s5 plus

hai bro.......i am sai krishna vardhan........when can we expect flashable stock rom zip for karbonn s5 plus from you.........

Jul 31, 2014
flashable stock rom

Yeah, but most people have one or the other error while flashing using YGDP. I had a file checksum error. Whatever I tried, nothing worked. So, the phone had to be sent back to the factory service center to change the internal storage. I don't want that to happen again. So, I'm creating a flashable zip file of the stock ROM and will be uploading it in a few days. I'm clearing my SD Card now so that I can transfer the CarbonForKarbonn ROM to it and try it out.

hai bro........what about flashable stock rom.zip for s5 plus? .............is there any other flashtool better than ygdp tool for our s5 plus?

hai bro........what about flashable stock rom.zip for s5 plus? .............is there any other flashtool better than ygdp tool for our s5 plus?
Nope. As far as I know, there is no other such tool for flashing the Stock ROM.
The work on the Stock ROM is going on. I'm trashing some apps, including other apps, zipaligning all apps, deodexing them, creating a new build.prop, signing the ROM, etc. Takes some time. On top of that, I have my own work to do, like preparing for exams and all that. I'll try to finish it as fast as possible.

Jul 31, 2014
important info regarding S5 plus

hi friends.......another Important information about our Karbonn S5 plus........our phone made actually by coolpad and its actual name is Coolpad 7295M........we are in misconception that it is coolpad 7295C........the difference of 7295M and 7295C is the type of mediatek chipset........ours i.e 7295M is made of mtk6582M chipset and 7295c is made of mtk 6582 chipset.........i think this misconception is the reason for many bugs in creation of roms.......and another thing is our phone is 99% similar to Xolo Q700s........with all same specs.......only differences are
1. It is mali 400mp2 gpu and ours is mali 400mp gpu
2.xolo q700s have navigations buttons on the phone and no onscreen buttons but we have only on screen navigation bar.......
rest all are same specs.............but xolo released the official kitkat update for q700s.........so this info is useful for developers to create kitkat ram for our s5 plus........link below is for kitkat rom of xolo q700s.....it may be helpful for u in porting
http://xdaforums.com/xolo-q700/general/4-4-2-update-xolo-q700s-official-beta-t2811983
Google's 'Android One' is also made of same chipset i.e 'Mt6582M' and all features are same except the camera having 5mp camera and ours is 8mp and rest all are same features the stock firm ware of android one is here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vgcbhv4vcy4ps22/AQ4501+FlashFile+Mirror.zip
I posted this actually in my fb page......and i want to help you by inform this and want to make your work simple.........android one is also getting lollipop update in the new year.......you asked for the phone with lollipop with same chipset........so i am informing you.........thankyou

Reactions: ax28

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
akshay here

sorry for the late reply but was busy in exams as in 11th .......................
i tried all the roms in karbon roms site and the note 3 rom is not good as it shows 10 gb internal but fills up full of ur internal ......
not a good rom to go with .........................
the miui rom tried from official site is also very good but we have to custamise the buttons by using soft key z .............
the best rom till now is the xperia v2 rom ........... love it best one........................
:):):):):):):):):)

shobit nair

Feb 18, 2014
fly ui by me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q6ap1lnhtto4fi/flyuibyshobitfors5plus.zip

fly ui rom....pprted by me

only rom to hit 20000 benchmark.....
https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip/
this link is for flashing google apps....its a must for using google apps....therwise it will force close

ported by shobit nair
its for karbonn titanium s5 plus

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

go on...dont be ashamed to hit that thanks button forme...
finally ported a succesful performance rom with no bugs at all.....

cybercrawler

Jan 8, 2014
Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q6ap1lnhtto4fi/flyuibyshobitfors5plus.zip

fly ui rom....pprted by me

only rom to hit 20000 benchmark.....
https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip/
this link is for flashing google apps....its a must for using google apps....therwise it will force close

ported by shobit nair
its for karbonn titanium s5 plus

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

go on...dont be ashamed to hit that thanks button forme...
finally ported a succesful performance rom with no bugs at all.....

Can you please post some screenshots and list all the features.Also from which device have you ported this ROM .You have to name the developer of the original ROM please.(XDA rules)

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
about shob nair rom

i have downloaded that rom and installed it ..........................
it is the upgrade of sony xperia v2 xtreme customized ......................
do not install it coz not a stable rom as my karbonn s5 plus now i cannot do a system format as well and there is no menu also..........................
if ur installing see to that after installing the rom switch off ur device install gapps and the restart it or ur device will hang .......................
point is that it has no keyboard and only voice typing so be beware and then install:D

Reactions: cybercrawler
Fly UI, Samsung Galaxy S5, Xperia ROM v2, Xperia ROM v3, CarbonForKarbonn, Cyan-o-Karbonn, MIUI v5, MIUI v6, etc.

Anybody else noticed the surge in ROM developers around here ? Or is it my dream ?

Come on, you guys. Get together. Unity is strength. It is better (atleast for me) that all of us work together on updating this device's software. (Indirectly, what I meant to say was, stop making Jelly Bean ROMs when Lollipop is already out ! We are like in October 29, 2012, when Jelly Bean 4.2 was released. It is December 15, 2014 ! Lollipop 5.0.1 is out ! Get working together ! Make a group or something ! Become the official maintainers for this device !)
Another thing to SAIKRISHNAVARDHAN (
important info regarding S5 plus
hi friends.......another Important information about our Karbonn S5 plus........our phone made actually by coolpad and its actual name is Coolpad 7295M........we are in misconception that it is coolpad 7295C........the difference of 7295M and 7295C is the type of mediatek chipset........ours i.e 7295M is made of mtk6582M chipset and 7295c is made of mtk 6582 chipset.........i think this misconception is the reason for many bugs in creation of roms.......and another thing is our phone is 99% similar to Xolo Q700s........with all same specs.......only differences are
1. It is mali 400mp2 gpu and ours is mali 400mp gpu
2.xolo q700s have navigations buttons on the phone and no onscreen buttons but we have only on screen navigation bar.......
rest all are same specs.............but xolo released the official kitkat update for q700s.........so this info is useful for developers to create kitkat ram for our s5 plus........link below is for kitkat rom of xolo q700s.....it may be helpful for u in porting
http://xdaforums.com/xolo...-beta-t2811983
Google's 'Android One' is also made of same chipset i.e 'Mt6582M' and all features are same except the camera having 5mp camera and ours is 8mp and rest all are same features the stock firm ware of android one is here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vg...ile+Mirror.zip
I posted this actually in my fb page......and i want to help you by inform this and want to make your work simple.........android one is also getting lollipop update in the new year.......you asked for the phone with lollipop with same chipset........so i am informing you.........thankyou
)

Correction: Ours is 7295MI01. A minor variant of Coolpad 7295C. Read this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56518138&postcount=48

Not Just Xolo Q700S, many MT6582 or MT6582M-based Phones are out there with pretty much the same specifications. Most have Kitkat, but we don't. A brickbat to Karbonn for this.
On-screen navbar is not a problem. You can easily enable it by typing qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 in the build.prop file. That isn't an issue.
GPU doesn't make much of a difference. I'm guessing it works with such GPUs.
So, bugs have various reasons. Your reason might be a possibility, though. I'll check it up.
Thanks anyway !

Last edited:

akshay pro

Sep 20, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 4
OK ppl let's get on what rjt's saying
On christmas everyone will be on leave we can make a separate form and make out one and by the way anjikya mishra has made out one lollipop ROM for s5 plus and its under test so let's see that tooo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.
    Device:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/karbonn_titanium_s5_plus-5925.php

I received a karbonn devices, which was soft bricked, and did not find much assistance by contacting them.
    Here is the procedure to flashing the stock 4.2.2 firmware.

Download necessary files:
    1. Firmware 4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01
    2. Flashing tool: YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer
    3. Drivers if required

http://www.4shared.com/folder/zSTN87aV/Karboon_S5plus.html

1. Extract the zips
    2. Install the flashing tool YGDP_Setup_V3.31_131028_02_Customer.exe 9make sure you right-click and grant it administrator privilege)

3. Right-click and open as administrator the newly created YGDP icon in your desktop

rco494.jpg

Password : 9527

4. Select [config] button

(see pic below) Select your firmware file which should be:

Code:
    4.2.009.P1.131118.7295MI01.CPB

(note that it should end with CPB extension)

(see pic below) select customer as 7295MI01

2co0fbb.jpg

6. Press [APPLY]

7. Select [START]

8. Connect your phone without the battery

Now the update procedure would start and when it is complete without errors disconnect, insert battery and boot your devices.

If it encounters any problem repeat the process.

Rooting:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572238

If that procedure fails you could use MTK rooter.

I have followed your instructions to the word. The YGDP download program keeps getting stuck after pressing 'Apply' after selecting the CPB file and version.

Moreover, the drivers that you have given are ADB drivers. I have installed them prior to all this. But my s5+ still doesn't get detected after I connect it to my PC without the battery. It says the driver installation failed. I forgot what was the device name that was being shown.

Could you please help me out. I have accidentally deleted certain system applications and need to get them back. Thanks.
    Scatter file.

cybercrawler had asked for the scatter file of Karbonn titanium s5 plus.
    well, here it is, attached to this post.
    CWM recovery...

ClockWorkMod recovery for Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus :
    Here is the cwmrecovery.img file of karbonn titanium s5 plus, for all those who might need it.
    tr.im/RWOT
    (beware, the above link is not tried and tested ! )
    hope it helps !
    Buddy I own a Karbonn Titanium s5 Plus which i've bought 1 month ago. But unfortunately ,i installed chainfire 3d and now i'm stuck in BOOTLOOP. :( :(

I have only Rooted it and do not have any off the custom rom installed ,just the one which came in the phone
    Now, I want to get my device in its previous state it but i have disabled USB debugging options too otherwise i could have removed it earlier.

I have tried Googlin' and have searched enough XDA as well as on the other sites but nothing worked
    I am also unable to get a Working.. Stock ROM for my device
    I've SDK installed on my PC but it requires USB Debugging to be unabled

Please Guide with appropriate steps as to how should i proceed :confused: :confused:
    I'll be very Thankful :)

Flashing the stock ROM using YGDP is a 'Real pain in the Ass'.Pls don't try to do it by yourself.Trust me I have recovered from boot loops of my earlier devices many times but when my S5+ got boot loop on Friday after installing Chain fire 3D.And I spent the whole day just trying to work it around.But I couldn't. Simple solution - Give it to the service center,They'll give it back within 2 days max.I got mine in 1 hr :).Just don't try to do it by yourself. I am not telling you that you can't do it just by sitting in front of your PC.Just try to understand & save your time and above all your money. I spent useless Rs.600 on data packs for downloading and got nothing.So giving it to the service center makes sense.Cheers mate!!

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app