No sim card

Search This thread

Julius Palad

Feb 12, 2013
I brought S4 just another day and when I insert sim card the phone says "No sim Card" but I inserted it already!

Its micro sim i'm buying another sim card today and see if it works,

Will customer service fix this if the problem is in the phone ? If yes then is it covered by warranty ?

Any help? maybe its software problem

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
I brought S4 just another day and when I insert sim card the phone says "No sim Card" but I inserted it already!

Will customer service fix this if the problem is in the phone ? If yes then is it covered by warranty ?

Definitely. Visit SSC.

BTW, use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192886 from next time to ask anything related to S4.:eek:

Reactions: HS™

Dean-xXx

Nov 15, 2012
Dublin
You didin't even answer my question, my question is is this hardware problem or sim card problem?

And how exactly he should or anyone should know what's exactly your problem? Can be hardware or the simcard. This is up to you to find out.
First try a new simcard , and try to get one micro sim factory cut if you can, if still nothing means is hardware.

daahir

Jul 4, 2013
I have the same problem on my s4, it doesnt recognize any sim at all. i tried several simcards but with no success

jag4

Apr 20, 2015
GT I9505 doesn't detect LTE sim, works fine with 3g Sim

Hello all !

I own a 2.5 year old GT i9505 (LTE variant) which works completely fine with a 3g Sim but the "Sim Card not inserted" error appears as soon as a 4g Compatible Sim is inserted. Could this be a modem issue ?

I live in India (got the phone from Europe) and have been using 3g services without any hitch for the past 2 years. Vodafone recently launched 4G services here and my phone doesn't detect the new 4G Sim card .
My phone shows the LTE/WCDMA/GSM modes but doesn't detect the Sim card.
Tried with another Sim from the store that doesnt work either.

Details :
AP: I9505XXUHOJ2
CP: I9505XXUHOJ2
CSC: I9505EURHOJ1
All ideas and solutions are appreciated.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
It's possible that there is something wrong with the phone's sim card reader. You could replace the reader for not a lot of money and it's easy to do yourself.

krasCGQ

Apr 13, 2015
Kendari
kud.my.id
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Maybe your phone is unable to detect LTE Networks from Vodafone India because from what I research, India uses TDD-LTE. You could Google-d LTE bands that used in India and compare it with your phone's supported LTE bands.

Sent from my GT-I9500

jag4

Apr 20, 2015
It's possible that there is something wrong with the phone's sim card reader. You could replace the reader for not a lot of money and it's easy to do yourself.

Thanks for your reply.
I considered that option but a 3g sim works perfectly. Do you still think it would help ?

Maybe your phone is unable to detect LTE Networks from Vodafone India because from what I research, India uses TDD-LTE. You could Google-d LTE bands that used in India and compare it with your phone's supported LTE bands.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Thanks for your reply.
I guess I am just lucky my phone supports both. :D
http://www.cnet.com/news/why-your-next-4g-phone-should-have-fdd-lte-and-tdd-lte/

Still no luck !

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I don't know that much about sim card technology. Have you tried the LTE sim card in a very old phone to see if the old phone detects the sim?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Leads me to conclude it is the sim reader or motherboard if no LTE SIM cards work. Doesn't seem like software.

Reactions: jag4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Definitely. Visit SSC.

BTW, use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192886 from next time to ask anything related to S4.:eek:
    Leads me to conclude it is the sim reader or motherboard if no LTE SIM cards work. Doesn't seem like software.