Verizon rolls out EL01 Update for its Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE Version

Search This thread

magneticzero

Jul 29, 2010
Happy Valley
Will I be able to get this update even though I'm rooted?

you can get the update but you are going to brick your device into reboot hell if you do. you need to go back to stock and apply the update properly and then you can reroot it.

and yes going back to stock via the odin file will wipe your device clean including the internal storage.

syphex

Aug 31, 2010
I wonder how long it will take to get a manual download. I am really looking forward to this update and it hasn't hit my Tab yet.

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
I walked in my office one day a week ago and my Verizon Tab 10.1 was in the middle of downloading an update. I knew one was coming so I assumed this was it so I just left it alone and walked out. 4 hours later it was still downloading so I figure it was hung up. I cycled power and it rebooted with the same 3.1 and when I checked for updates it said none available.
I have a stock 3.1 unrooted GT10.1 4G LTE. If it ever shows up again I'll repost.

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone gotten this update yet? I switched out my wifi only tab for this one. I should have looked at the lack of development on this one first I guess, but it is nice to have 4g when you need it. I am on sprint for my phone with no 4g coverage and I am amazed at the speeds I get with Verizon LTE 4g. Also the wifi on this tab seems to be a bit stronger. Could just be my imagination but it seems to hold a connection better

pcpimpin

Aug 26, 2010
CBUS
www.aypcservices.com
I got the update but have a slew of issues. Wifi will not get IP address you have to static Auto rotation will not work and no USB storage. I also noticed the camera will not work at random times until I reboot same thing with games and apps. Thinking about using odin3 and restoring to 3.1

Reactions: redram38

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
I got the update but have a slew of issues. Wifi will not get IP address you have to static Auto rotation will not work and no USB storage. I also noticed the camera will not work at random times until I reboot same thing with games and apps. Thinking about using odin3 and restoring to 3.1

YIKES!! Is this the official OTA from Verizon or the leak.

pcpimpin

Aug 26, 2010
CBUS
www.aypcservices.com
YIKES!! Is this the official OTA from Verizon or the leak.

Dude I am so confused!! LOL! This is what happened on Friday I installed CMW wrong and tab wouldn't boot so I installed http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7718-romleakodineg01-factory-stock-odin-image-vzw-lte-tab-101/ got it back on first boot it asked me to update to 3.1 so I did and rebooted then it asked to update to 3.2 and I did thats when everything went wrong... I called VZW support and they stated that I should not have received any updated yet.... So I just did the above again and this time I checked and it is 3.1 I did receive another message about an update only 11mb so I updated and reboot. Right now I am on 3.1 and I have not been notified to update. I really do not know why it updated me to 3.2 but I know whatever happened 3.2 didn't work well at all.....

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
That is weird about the 3.2. I had a wifi only tab with 3.2 and it ran well. I wanted the 4g/3g option so I decided to go with verizon. I will say between the two the verizon tab seems to be better overall. Better wifi signal, There is not much on the dev side but hopefully that will change over time.

stang68x

Dec 9, 2010
Dude I am so confused!! LOL! This is what happened on Friday I installed CMW wrong and tab wouldn't boot so I installed http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7718-romleakodineg01-factory-stock-odin-image-vzw-lte-tab-101/ got it back on first boot it asked me to update to 3.1 so I did and rebooted then it asked to update to 3.2 and I did thats when everything went wrong... I called VZW support and they stated that I should not have received any updated yet.... So I just did the above again and this time I checked and it is 3.1 I did receive another message about an update only 11mb so I updated and reboot. Right now I am on 3.1 and I have not been notified to update. I really do not know why it updated me to 3.2 but I know whatever happened 3.2 didn't work well at all.....

I'm going to chalk up your problems as tinkering gone wrong as you're the only person having these issues, so far. The update, in general, seems to be stable!

redram38

Nov 10, 2009
Did you get the update from Verizon or flash the leak

Sent from my SCH-I905 using XDA App

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
I'm going to chalk up your problems as tinkering gone wrong as you're the only person having these issues, so far. The update, in general, seems to be stable!

Ok, so you were prompted for the EL01 official update from verizon? So that means it's being sent out correct? I have not been prompted and I have been checking system update many times a day and nothing. When did this happen? And if anyone reading this gets prompted for the update, can you please choose "install later" and then with some kind of file manager go into /cache and look for the update file, that's usually where it's stored until you choose to install it. If it's not there please look around for it maybe on the virtual sd card. When you find it please copy it and pull it and post it please. Thank you very much.

Meh

stang68x

Dec 9, 2010
Ok, so you were prompted for the EL01 official update from verizon? So that means it's being sent out correct? I have not been prompted and I have been checking system update many times a day and nothing. When did this happen? And if anyone reading this gets prompted for the update, can you please choose "install later" and then with some kind of file manager go into /cache and look for the update file, that's usually where it's stored until you choose to install it. If it's not there please look around for it maybe on the virtual sd card. When you find it please copy it and pull it and post it please. Thank you very much.

Meh

No, I haven't received the update yet, but according to people that have gotten it on Android Central, it is running well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I am rooted and oc on the ota update as well. I am going to start working on porting ics over to this device

sent from my 4g galaxy tab