Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
Requirements
- Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
- HTC Device with "Beats" software
- Root Access

SHOULD WORK ON ANY HTC DEVICE WITH BEATS

On the Stock HTC One X, Volume+ does make a difference, but the amount you can boost the volume by is minimal, as are the EQ/Bass adjustments.
While messing with some system files (as you do) I noticed that on HTC devices with 'Beats' software, the 'audio_effects.conf' file (located in 'system/etc') is different from the standard ICS version and is missing a few values. I added the missing ones back in (whilst keeping all the beats stuff intact) and after a reboot, much more EQ control!
This allows you to go louder (not much louder, HTC speakers are terrible and just distort to hell, but you can distort it to your heart's content! :D)
Much better for the headset EQ too!

It also works alongside Beats just fine! :)

Instructions
Method One (ADB)
First, Back up your 'audio_effects.conf'
Code:
adb remount
adb pull system/etc/audio_effects.conf
or
Code:
adb remount
adb mv system/etc/audio_effects.conf audio_effects1.conf
Then, extract the file from the attached zip, push the file and reboot your phone
Code:
adb push /link/to/file/audio_effects.conf system/etc/
adb shell reboot

Method Two (File Manager)
Extract the file from the attached zip and put the file on your phone's SDcard
Use Root explorer (or similar) to move the file to system/etc
(backup original file first!)
Permissions might need to be set for the new file (mine's set to "rw-rw-rw-"). Incorrect permissions can cause a Force Close
Then reboot your phone

AUDIO_EFFECTS DOWNLOAD

Few things to bear in mind:
1) Bass Boost will bug out if you turn it up too much, watch out for that
2) Volume can go up to around +14/15. Any higher any it can bug out the audio
3) Echo/Delay doesn't work on ICS
4) Volume+ WILL Force Close if installed alongside DSP Manager. Please be aware of this.

That's it, let me know if it works for you!

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• VolumePlusv1.9.0.1FREE.apk
    75.5 KB · Views: 6,875
Last edited:

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
Oops, sorry it works with HTC music player, I use poweramp, but poweramp also works if you uncheck music engine in sound settings. Then also use poweramp eq to your likings.

So the file could use some more tweaking.

If you untick 'Direct Sound' or something in the PowerAmp settings it should work fine with Volume+, DSPManager, etc. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
I have a constant message "unfortunately volume+ has stopped". What I did is to rename the file in System/Etc with File Expert (first mount the volume as read/write), than copy the file from the archive in the same folder. Restart the phone and get the message above.

Last edited:

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
I have a constant message "unfortunately volume+ has stopped". What I did is to rename the file in System/Etc with File Expert (first mount the volume as read/write), than copy the file from the archive in the same folder. Restart the phone and get the message above.

That file won't have anything to do with the force close, I don't think. What does the logcat say?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
Sorry, I'm not familiar with logcat. Please let me know where to look for it?
I had volume+ installed and it opening fine and never had error messages. After put your file, the FC message appear immediately after restart.

Edit: Trying to uninstall and install again the volume+, but no success. I have the paid version, but also tried the free version - same result.

Edit2: Just delete the file and restore the original one - volume+ opening fine, no FC

Last edited:

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
I had volume+ installed and it opening fine and never had error messages. After put your file, the FC message appear immediately after restart.

Edit: Trying to uninstall and install again the volume+, but no success. I have the paid version, but also tried the free version - same result.

Edit2: Just delete the file and restore the original one - volume+ opening fine, no FC

You must set the right permission on the file. Rw.r.r.

Reactions: Manafa

Manafa

Dec 23, 2010
I also think this should be the reason, but as not mentioned in OP I don't try to play with permissions. Thanks, Smaberg, it's working fine now. Cheers.

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester

plun

Jan 12, 2010
Sweden
Up and running, I am already a Volume+-lover so I just installed the conf file.

Sounds great... just testing Headset and Spotify.

Eveything is louder and more bass.... and this can for sure blow out your ears :p

Thanks !

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Works fine, many THX.....but my problem on One X is that phone calls Sounds and SMS Notifications are really quiet (someone told same before), is there any chance to set volume higher on that!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements
    - Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
    - HTC Device with "Beats" software
    - Root Access

SHOULD WORK ON ANY HTC DEVICE WITH BEATS

On the Stock HTC One X, Volume+ does make a difference, but the amount you can boost the volume by is minimal, as are the EQ/Bass adjustments.
    While messing with some system files (as you do) I noticed that on HTC devices with 'Beats' software, the 'audio_effects.conf' file (located in 'system/etc') is different from the standard ICS version and is missing a few values. I added the missing ones back in (whilst keeping all the beats stuff intact) and after a reboot, much more EQ control!
    This allows you to go louder (not much louder, HTC speakers are terrible and just distort to hell, but you can distort it to your heart's content! :D)
    Much better for the headset EQ too!

It also works alongside Beats just fine! :)

Instructions
    Method One (ADB)
    First, Back up your 'audio_effects.conf'
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb pull system/etc/audio_effects.conf
    or
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb mv system/etc/audio_effects.conf audio_effects1.conf
    Then, extract the file from the attached zip, push the file and reboot your phone
    Code:
    adb push /link/to/file/audio_effects.conf system/etc/
    adb shell reboot

Method Two (File Manager)
    Extract the file from the attached zip and put the file on your phone's SDcard
    Use Root explorer (or similar) to move the file to system/etc
    (backup original file first!)
    Permissions might need to be set for the new file (mine's set to "rw-rw-rw-"). Incorrect permissions can cause a Force Close
    Then reboot your phone

AUDIO_EFFECTS DOWNLOAD

Few things to bear in mind:
    1) Bass Boost will bug out if you turn it up too much, watch out for that
    2) Volume can go up to around +14/15. Any higher any it can bug out the audio
    3) Echo/Delay doesn't work on ICS
    4) Volume+ WILL Force Close if installed alongside DSP Manager. Please be aware of this.

That's it, let me know if it works for you!

Enjoy :)
    I have the ''old'' 1.8.1 on Leedroid, I set volume boost to 14 and virtual room +6, I am hearing crackling sounds before and/or after system sounds are played.
    would this patch correct these?
    Is there any way to make the incall volume louder?

Yes - anything as we know from other ports - XLOUD.hack maybe?

all of the ringtones are very low. (speaker is undersized)

You must set the right permission on the file. Rw.r.r.
    Yep got these crackling sounds with system audio sounds, never had this problem with volume+ and sensation though