Oem usb cable and after market usb cable

Search This thread

Zinsko

Dec 9, 2010
Chicago
So if I use the original usb cable that came with the device my phone will charge in about 3 or 4 hours. But if i use any after market usb cables it takes 5 to 6 hours I'm trying find our what is the difference between the two cables. Keep in mind I'm using the same oem charger with both cables.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

johnny crapple

Jul 9, 2011
Your stock charger is 2 amps the ones you are using are most likely 1 amp. You need to find other ones that are 2 amps also.

Zinsko

Dec 9, 2010
Chicago
No I'm using the white 2 amp charger. I have narrowed it down to the cable I'm trying to see if there is something diffrent.

Zinsko

Dec 9, 2010
Chicago
Yeah I'm contacting samsung right now trying to understand exactly what makes there usb cable tick. So far all I got is its the next generation of cable.

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
Yeah I'm contacting samsung right now trying to understand exactly what makes there usb cable tick. So far all I got is its the next generation of cable.

Charge only cables vs Charge and data cables. Has been thoroughly discussed in the forums. Go buy a charge only cable and you will see the fastest charging. Just don't try to use it for data. Guage of wires also has a lot to do with how much current can be carried.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk