wat case to use for the note 2??

Search This thread

percy5911

Jan 6, 2013
Is it advisable 2 use rubber cases for the phone??? Because the ppl at service centers say u shouldn't use as it attracts more heat & takes time to cool the phone which is harmful for the hardware... im surrently usein the iglow cover & i like it a lot.. i feel its a good way to protect ur phone in multiple ways but the thing is even whn the phone is not in use & in the pocket it heats up...

Is it advisable 2 use rubber cases for the phone??? Because the ppl at service centers say u shouldn't use as it attracts more heat & takes time to cool the phone which is harmful for the hardware... im surrently usein the iglow cover & i like it a lot.. i feel its a good way to protect ur phone in multiple ways but the thing is even whn the phone is not in use & in the pocket it heats up...

Im currently using the UAG case its very protective but easy to take off the phone if you want to change the battery alot

paulosaints

Apr 20, 2012
I had 3 cases. The first one was a hard silicone Belkin case. The second was the samsung hard case. It was better than the Belkin one. The definitive case is the case mate tough series.

Enviado do meu GT-N7105 através de Tapatalk

percy5911

Jan 6, 2013
But is it advisable to use rubber cases or is it harmful? ??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

allanzzz

Oct 16, 2010
In the pocket and heats up?
If it's in deep sleep, probably just your body heat warming it, don't worry too much about it

I am at the equator, my battery idle at 30 degrees in the day, 33 c while using, 38 to 40c while intensive gaming, around 25c in early morning

Still working great after more than a year
Even the battery still last around 4 hour screen time

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

killiang1695

Jan 13, 2012
Cases

I highly recommend getting a hybrid case to protect your phone (both rubber and plastic) ie: otterbox cases, or Seidio cases. if you want it to slide in and out of your pocket easily i have used and suggest otterbox commuter case. the defender case has a little bit more of an issue (though slight) but i like it. and for the heating up thing, the only time ive EVER felt mine heat up w/ case on is during heavy gaming. but if u take off the case to game you should be fine.
(for heavy gaming i played gba emulator and pokemon for 2 hours)

Last edited:

aljaz4life

May 15, 2013
In my opinion the best cases are the hard one... I personaly use Nilkin hardcase for note 2 and it's amazing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

nicktastique

Oct 7, 2011
You definitely want something with rubberized corners. The corners are the most vulnerable to drops, so they should have the most shock absorption. Ideally the rest of the phone would be covered by a hard shell, like the one I use. The rubberized interior still offers shock absorption for the non-corner parts of the phone, and the front of the case is a few millimeters tall which prevents the screen from touching a surface when placed (or dropped) face-down. The holes on this particular case provide texture, making it less slippery, and possibly provide a bit of ventilation to keep the device cool (though heat has never been a problem with the Note 2 for me, even while playing Ingress in 100 degree weather).

Last edited:

bigdog901023

Jun 29, 2011
I don't like using flip case as I usually use my phone one handed.
I'm just using a normal plastic case with rubberized-side.
Please be advised that Note 2's side is kinda fragile..

toughmenot

Nov 9, 2011
I used to use few hard cases for the last one yr but now I am off the cases. This makes the phone a lot more handier. Only thing is that it can cause many scratches. I have read somewhere that there are protectors like screen guards for the entire phone. I am in search of such a piece. Its too damn good to use this piece of art device without the bulk of a case. Please enlighten me if anyone knows/uses a protector like I mentioned.

Thanks

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
Aluminium bumper cases + leather textured battery cover all the way!!!

F1QxmkG.jpg

killiang1695

Jan 13, 2012
I am currently using the Otterbox Defender series case for the Note 2, it adds a decent amount of bulk but a LOT of protection, so im installing the FlyGrip right now, it has to sit for the adhesive to work for long term and constant use. so by tomorrow or monday ill let you know if and how much it helps. untill then, im using my year old commuter otterbox that i cracked in 6 different places, but the phone is damage free

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I can't believe I forgot about it! but the UAG cases are built to not over heat the phone AND protect it like an Otterbox case. heres a review of it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2149854

paulosaints

Apr 20, 2012
I use a Case Mate Tough Case with glass tempered protection. Slim and fit!!

Enviado do meu GT-N7105 através de Tapatalk

killiang1695

Jan 13, 2012
pictures of my Otterbox Defender with the FlyGrip.
So far I am very pleased with the Defender case. it's no dust proof exactly because it gets dirty on the screen and if i want it perfect i need to open the case up to clean it, but other than that it's great. i havent dropped it yet, but that might be partially because of the FlyGrip. it added bulk but i can easily hold it 1 handed and it fits in my pocket just fine.