Great Kitkat, Note3 and S5 feature Roms that work with our Tmo T889!

Search This thread

Goody68

Oct 28, 2013
Portland , OR
Hello everyone :) I have seen a few post of people looking for Kitkat, Note3 and S5 Roms that work with our phone! Check out AT&T Note2 and N7105 threads to find some awesome Roms that work with our phone:D Just make sure you follow instructions in original post completely due to you have to flash certain things to make wifi work and add apns, modems etc! Hope this helps:eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my SGH-T889

Last edited:

plasticslug

Jul 16, 2011
Hello everyone :) I have seen a few post of people looking for Kitkat, Note3 and S5 Roms that work with our phone! Check out AT&T Note2 and N7105 threads to find some awesome Roms that work with our phone:D Just make sure you follow instructions in original post completely due to you have to flash certain things to make wifi work and add apns, modems etc! Hope this helps:eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my SGH-T889

Have to agree, the features blew my mind. when I handled my moms brand new 5S .... I kind of had to laugh.. thinking I have these features on my note2... and not only that, I have the note 3 features as welll!!! the roms are so sweet I felt I have stole something.

Reactions: Goody68

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Have to agree, the features blew my mind. when I handled my moms brand new 5S .... I kind of had to laugh.. thinking I have these features on my note2... and not only that, I have the note 3 features as welll!!! the roms ar7e so sweet I felt I have stole something.

Have to agree been in easycat v2 for weeks now with s5 and note 3 features and forgot that its a custom rom.
I did have to install sd fix and foldermount from play store to fix the 2 issues I had.

Jul 11, 2014
Have to agree been in easycat v2 for weeks now with s5 and note 3 features and forgot that its a custom rom.
I did have to install sd fix and foldermount from play store to fix the 2 issues I had.

I'm relatively new to the rooting scene, about a month, but I've learned a lot and am having a blast getting the most out of my SGH-T889. So far, after having test driven Slim Rom, several Jedi roms, Carbon, Pac Man and several others, I've settled on Jedi X20 as my favorite overall rom due to the fact that I love multi-window and installing to sd card. I like the battery efficiency, smooth look and floating notifications of KitKat though and would love to have some of the Note 3 features available.

Can you give any tips for making it a smoother experience if I want to try what you guys are suggesting? Specific apks/flashes to look for for modem /apn/feature downloads/links? I'm not afraid of reading and teaching myself, but some help in cutting down the searching time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :good:

chodie

Oct 5, 2011
I've searched for easycat v2 in both the n7105 forum and the at&t forum and can't seem to find it. Mind posting a link?

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
I'm relatively new to the rooting scene, about a month, but I've learned a lot and am having a blast getting the most out of my SGH-T889. So far, after having test driven Slim Rom, several Jedi roms, Carbon, Pac Man and several others, I've settled on Jedi X20 as my favorite overall rom due to the fact that I love multi-window and installing to sd card. I like the battery efficiency, smooth look and floating notifications of KitKat though and would love to have some of the Note 3 features available.

Can you give any tips for making it a smoother experience if I want to try what you guys are suggesting? Specific apks/flashes to look for for modem /apn/feature downloads/links? I'm not afraid of reading and teaching myself, but some help in cutting down the searching time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!! :good:

Jedi Roms were my go to rom for a very long time. Try a custom kernel. Below link is in the Note 2 7105 model. Try Agni kernel,there is a jellybean and a kitkat kernel. Do not flash anything for the "Note 2 N7100" is if for Non-LTE phones. Only flash zips for the N7105 the LTE version.

This can give you 20+ hours of battery life on jellybean. I using it on Kitkat now and its awseome.

Cheers.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105

tiberiusjonez

Account currently disabled
Sep 30, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
ezKAT

Been running ezKAT v2 for more than a month now. It is outstanding. All the note 3 features and it is stable. Same as mentioned above, I installed foldermount and sdcardfix and ALL features (including installing to SD card) work flawlessly. Absolutely love it.
Thanks for the help guys. Rooting is the Shiznit! Can't wait to try Android L when it lands, but have a feeling I'll end up coming back to ezKat. I'll just make a full backup first so I can easily restore if I wish. Easy peasy!
:good:

bariumai

Oct 1, 2014
I've searched for easycat v2 in both the n7105 forum and the at&t forum and can't seem to find it. Mind posting a link?

Does ezKat support wifi calling for t-mobile? I'm looking for a ROM that can support multi-window and wifi calling. I was leaning toward the Jedi Master but have seen these threads about N3 features and some look really nice. I don't have any experience rooting phones, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty as I've done the equivalent to a few different types of devices. Thanks in advance for the help!

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
Does ezKat support wifi calling for t-mobile? I'm looking for a ROM that can support multi-window and wifi calling. I was leaning toward the Jedi Master but have seen these threads about N3 features and some look really nice. I don't have any experience rooting phones, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty as I've done the equivalent to a few different types of devices. Thanks in advance for the help!

I don't use ezkat but i dont think it supports wifi calling that tmobile offers. But, now that google hangouts allows calling within the app, you can make calls using your gvoice number direct from the app as long as you are connected to the internet. It's the same as wifi calling except that you will be using your gvoice number instead of your t-mobile number.

bariumai

Oct 1, 2014
I don't use ezkat but i dont think it supports wifi calling that tmobile offers. But, now that google hangouts allows calling within the app, you can make calls using your gvoice number direct from the app as long as you are connected to the internet. It's the same as wifi calling except that you will be using your gvoice number instead of your t-mobile number.

Ah, thanks. I need to use my main number with the wifi calling. My GV number is for a different state and clients. What are my options for ROMs?

bariumai

Oct 1, 2014
I think as long as you choose any of the t-mobile TW roms, you will get wifi calling. I think the JEDIX is probably the best out there.

Thank you very much. Which one? I have read about Jedi X20 and Jedi Master X2. There's so much information out there that it's hard to cut through. Thanks again for the help.

bariumai

Oct 1, 2014
Use the Master X2 as that is the latter. Both will have wifi calling but I think X20 is 4.1 while X2 is 4.3.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568537

Thank you! I'll give it a shot. BTW, can you point me to the best/most recent guide for rooting/flashing/etc the t889? I've been reading for days and there are so many pages and threads around the internet about various iterations of the Note 2 that choosing one is almost a stab in the dark. Tons of forum threads come up that are outdated, but there's not really a way to tell they're outdated except maybe by the post/update date. I really appreciate your help, and I'm sure anyone that will be searching for the same guidance in the near future will appreciate it too.:good:

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
Thank you! I'll give it a shot. BTW, can you point me to the best/most recent guide for rooting/flashing/etc the t889? I've been reading for days and there are so many pages and threads around the internet about various iterations of the Note 2 that choosing one is almost a stab in the dark. Tons of forum threads come up that are outdated, but there's not really a way to tell they're outdated except maybe by the post/update date. I really appreciate your help, and I'm sure anyone that will be searching for the same guidance in the near future will appreciate it too.:good:

Use this to root. Instructions are accurate on the OP page 1:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560

Reactions: bariumai

tiberiusjonez

Account currently disabled
Sep 30, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Note 3 ROMS, Etc.

So...

I re-joined under a new login due to problems with the space in my previous screen name, but I digress...

Soooo... EzKat was the first "Note 3" rom I tried for the Note 2 and it was awesome to basically have a Note 3 in a Note 2 for a while. But.... after having test driven EzKAt for a while, I found it to have some issues. First of all, it was kind of quiet, so it could be hard to hear other people and the camera wasn't great - in fact, it kind of sucked. The home button didn't function correctly, it would give an error, that "this function is not installed" or something like that - I don't recall the exact wording right now, but you get the gist. And lastly, it was not super stable - I would have to reboot the phone at least once a day.

So, after a month or so, I took the advice of others and started looking for 7105 roms. I found reviews of the DN3 (Ditto Note 3) and I downloaded it. Unfortunately there was mixed information about whether 7105 roms actually worked on the SGH-T889 (TMOBILE NOTE2). So I was skeptical about trying it. Eventually I decided to try it out. The first time I tried flashing it, it failed with an error, and I was like, "well, that sucked" guess they were wrong, 7105 roms DON'T work with this!" and I installed a CM11 rom instead.

After driving that for a month and doing some more reading, I finally decided that I must have done something wrong because it seemed that at least a COUPLE people had successfully managed to get 7105 roms running on the TMOBILE Note 2. So, I redownloaded the Ditto Note 3 rom, recopied it to my phone, recopied the old Modem - "T889UVUCMK7_Modem-Dec_9_13" and my favorite kernel "PSN_AGNi_pureSTOCK-v4.2.5_N7105_4.4.2_AROMA-signed"

I flashed the rom - successfully - without rebooting, flashed the modem. Then rebooted, just long enough to make sure WIFI was working - rebooted into recovery and flashed kernel.

That was two weeks ago. Since then I've not had to reboot the phone one time. It is ROCK solid stable. Loud and clear. Camera is FANTASTIC!!! Action shots of my kid skateboarding are crystal clear and in focus every time!! One of my favorite things is, because its an an international rom for the 7105 - the Google chick is this hot sounding British babe!! I love it every morning when she tells me the weather! LoL!! But seriously, I am really really happy with the Ditto 3 rom. So, now I know for sure, 7105 roms (at least this one!) DO actually work on the SGH-T889.

So, I hope this helps someone else out that was as confused as I was. Good luck everyone!! :good:

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Any love for KK kernels?

I figured I would try asking here since it is sort of relevant.

Besides the AGNi kernel, I have not been able to find other KK kernels that work with our T889s. I don't know if it is the kernel itself or a setting but there is a glitch when listening to music that causes a high pitch screeching sound to cut out the music.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SGH-T889
    Its called eZkat 2.0 in the at&t forum

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Note 3 ROMS, Etc.

So...

I re-joined under a new login due to problems with the space in my previous screen name, but I digress...

Soooo... EzKat was the first "Note 3" rom I tried for the Note 2 and it was awesome to basically have a Note 3 in a Note 2 for a while. But.... after having test driven EzKAt for a while, I found it to have some issues. First of all, it was kind of quiet, so it could be hard to hear other people and the camera wasn't great - in fact, it kind of sucked. The home button didn't function correctly, it would give an error, that "this function is not installed" or something like that - I don't recall the exact wording right now, but you get the gist. And lastly, it was not super stable - I would have to reboot the phone at least once a day.

So, after a month or so, I took the advice of others and started looking for 7105 roms. I found reviews of the DN3 (Ditto Note 3) and I downloaded it. Unfortunately there was mixed information about whether 7105 roms actually worked on the SGH-T889 (TMOBILE NOTE2). So I was skeptical about trying it. Eventually I decided to try it out. The first time I tried flashing it, it failed with an error, and I was like, "well, that sucked" guess they were wrong, 7105 roms DON'T work with this!" and I installed a CM11 rom instead.

After driving that for a month and doing some more reading, I finally decided that I must have done something wrong because it seemed that at least a COUPLE people had successfully managed to get 7105 roms running on the TMOBILE Note 2. So, I redownloaded the Ditto Note 3 rom, recopied it to my phone, recopied the old Modem - "T889UVUCMK7_Modem-Dec_9_13" and my favorite kernel "PSN_AGNi_pureSTOCK-v4.2.5_N7105_4.4.2_AROMA-signed"

I flashed the rom - successfully - without rebooting, flashed the modem. Then rebooted, just long enough to make sure WIFI was working - rebooted into recovery and flashed kernel.

That was two weeks ago. Since then I've not had to reboot the phone one time. It is ROCK solid stable. Loud and clear. Camera is FANTASTIC!!! Action shots of my kid skateboarding are crystal clear and in focus every time!! One of my favorite things is, because its an an international rom for the 7105 - the Google chick is this hot sounding British babe!! I love it every morning when she tells me the weather! LoL!! But seriously, I am really really happy with the Ditto 3 rom. So, now I know for sure, 7105 roms (at least this one!) DO actually work on the SGH-T889.

So, I hope this helps someone else out that was as confused as I was. Good luck everyone!! :good:

Sent from my SGH-T889

Have to agree, the features blew my mind. when I handled my moms brand new 5S .... I kind of had to laugh.. thinking I have these features on my note2... and not only that, I have the note 3 features as welll!!! the roms are so sweet I felt I have stole something.
    Great news to hear. Im looking to come back to this rom.
    Woundering of you could pm me with direct links for all mentioned items for install.

Thanks

I PM'd You. Hit Thanks Button Please.