[APP] FingerSecurity - Fingerprint lock for all apps

Search This thread

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
FingerSecurity is a security app for Samsung devices with a fingerprint reader. The app will protect apps of your choice with your fingerprint.

RNjR7BY8iN7XtQy0OzfVXaUrvkdMve8nYHsoGT3iB2u0ACij_wRtbQvT7w2E5GnWtc8=h310-rw
wY0QpgB0jbl_VHdMyieFEczls0CU8JeVX6ls2sK9gWaE7XDmeualBZYF5iypmDhsKw=h310-rw
Tn3SErNJ-p5ZHYoaDDrLoRuXdSZOAvuMuqOXrUGn_0_UDAehGPeCaGZwrv6E1HA6J54=h310-rw
Km8awOPP9Weks6cEzaXh43eIx66FB1M8JU6KdnJ7qwwDe5y4Hvted6Wusc2-9wKlCg=h310-rw
rOiWjF5Z3thKRb38Qc7OvPdfSCTUYCVZ314CS0T1-AuTQhIgJlYw6bVmiJD0cjHsAw=h310-rw

With it's first release on July 16, 2014 FingerSecurity is the first app that allows an owner of a Samsung device with a fingerprint sensor to protect their apps with their fingerprints.
FingerSecurity allows you to protect any app with your fingerprint. FingerSecurity has many options to make your life easier and more secure.

- Protect any app with your fingerprint
- Widget for fast enabling/disabling
- Set timeouts to allow a short switch between apps
- Unlock multiple apps at ones
- Use your alternative password or pin code to unlock apps when your fingerprint is not recognized
- FingerSecurity can’t be uninstalled or killed
- Automatically protect new apps
- Use your favorite image as background
- Use a fake crash dialog
- Automatically unlock your apps at specific locations
- Only allow specific people(fingerprints) to unlock an app
- Protect notifications of protected apps

***FAQ***
- Why is my device not supported?
FingerSecurity will only work on Samsung devices with a fingerprint sensor. So your device is not a Samsung device or your Samsung device does not have a fingerprint sensor.

- A notification is asking for a backup password. What should I do?
This is a security feature from the system(it is not a part of FingerSecurity but from Samsung’s firmware). When you scan your fingerprint too many times without identification then the system will block the sensor and ask for your backup password. The backup password was specified during the registration of your fingerprints(this might not be the same as your alternative password for FingerSecurity). You have to enter your backup password else you can’t use the fingerprint sensor.

- I can’t remember my backup password.
Unfortunately there is no way to reset the backup password. The only solution is performing a hard reset.

- FingerSecurity uses a lot of battery after updating.
Please restart your device. Then FingerSecurity will work normal again and the battery usage will drop.

More information:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rickclephas.fingersecurity
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/themes-apps/themes-themes-fingersecurity-t2854653
https://plus.google.com/communities/115259588790075802436

Last edited:

NeoNikon

May 10, 2012
Great job! Finally!
Few things I noticed are that it doesn't always open my apps after I swipe, just goes back to homescreen.
And setting timeout just closes the security app but only when I try to delete the numbers ..

Thanks for this awesome app! Keep it up!
Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ayman16

erniechan

Jan 2, 2012
hong kong
this app is great but i have a suggestion that it would be better if the fingerprint scanner pop up directly when i open the app. It's a waste of time to press the button again.

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
Great job! Finally!
Few things I noticed are that it doesn't always open my apps after I swipe, just goes back to homescreen.
And setting timeout just closes the security app but only when I try to delete the numbers ..

Thanks for this awesome app! Keep it up!
Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the feedback i will try to fix this.

this app is great but i have a suggestion that it would be better if the fingerprint scanner pop up directly when i open the app. It's a waste of time to press the button again.

Thanks for the feedback i am working on this.(This wil be available soon)
But you can also scan your finger imediatly then it procceses it in the background without the popup.

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
I uploaded a new version of my app. It will be available within a few hours.

Changes:
  • Added indicator
  • Added option to hide indicator
  • Fixed timeout error

If there are any more errors please let me know.

I am still working on a solution for the "returning to homescreen" problem.

Feel free to let me know if there are things you would like to be added.

doctor_vai

Oct 30, 2011

Changes:
  • Added indicator
  • Fixed timeout error

It's all good ! Here's my suggestions :

+ In the app selector menu, please make the possibility to sort between protected app and unprotected ones.
+ Make tab that separate between services and apps. Because i have a list of apps including (baby monitor, adapt sound, airwakeup...) for sure i don't want to protect those and they make the app list very long.
+ If you can make the protection interface less harsher that would be great. Like in the paranoid android rom, you can have the app blurred (Add an option for amount of transparency ?) so we can't see what's going on it, and have the protection layer in top of it. The transition then will be much more soft
lockscreen_blur.png

+ I won't mind another logo and another name.

That's it

Thanks for the great app

Last edited:

Rick Clephas

Jul 17, 2014
It's all good ! Here's my suggestions :

+ In the app selector menu, please make the possibility to sort between protected app and unprotected ones.
+ Make tab that separate between services and apps. Because i have a list of apps including (baby monitor, adapt sound, airwakeup...) for sure i don't want to protect those and they make the app list very long.
+ If you can make the protection interface less harsher that would be great. Like in the paranoid android rom, you can have the app blurred (Add an option for amount of transparency ?) so we can't see what's going on it, and have the protection layer in top of it. The transition then will be much more soft
lockscreen_blur.png

+ I won't mind another logo and another name.

That's it

Thanks for the great app

i would like you to add wifi lock/unlock feature. i would be nice not to have to unlock the app when i am at home

Thanks for your ideas i really like them.
I will try to add them.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: eb4k3d

gyxter

I mean when I'm connected to my wifi, I will not have to unlock the apps. And when I'm away from home I will need to unlock the apps to work

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ah right. I misunderstood your first post. That would be useful for those apps that are running in background while using wifi. No need to unlock when activating the app from task manager or drawer. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FingerSecurity is a security app for Samsung devices with a fingerprint reader. The app will protect apps of your choice with your fingerprint.

RNjR7BY8iN7XtQy0OzfVXaUrvkdMve8nYHsoGT3iB2u0ACij_wRtbQvT7w2E5GnWtc8=h310-rw
    wY0QpgB0jbl_VHdMyieFEczls0CU8JeVX6ls2sK9gWaE7XDmeualBZYF5iypmDhsKw=h310-rw
    Tn3SErNJ-p5ZHYoaDDrLoRuXdSZOAvuMuqOXrUGn_0_UDAehGPeCaGZwrv6E1HA6J54=h310-rw
    Km8awOPP9Weks6cEzaXh43eIx66FB1M8JU6KdnJ7qwwDe5y4Hvted6Wusc2-9wKlCg=h310-rw
    rOiWjF5Z3thKRb38Qc7OvPdfSCTUYCVZ314CS0T1-AuTQhIgJlYw6bVmiJD0cjHsAw=h310-rw

With it's first release on July 16, 2014 FingerSecurity is the first app that allows an owner of a Samsung device with a fingerprint sensor to protect their apps with their fingerprints.
    FingerSecurity allows you to protect any app with your fingerprint. FingerSecurity has many options to make your life easier and more secure.

- Protect any app with your fingerprint
    - Widget for fast enabling/disabling
    - Set timeouts to allow a short switch between apps
    - Unlock multiple apps at ones
    - Use your alternative password or pin code to unlock apps when your fingerprint is not recognized
    - FingerSecurity can’t be uninstalled or killed
    - Automatically protect new apps
    - Use your favorite image as background
    - Use a fake crash dialog
    - Automatically unlock your apps at specific locations
    - Only allow specific people(fingerprints) to unlock an app
    - Protect notifications of protected apps

***FAQ***
    - Why is my device not supported?
    FingerSecurity will only work on Samsung devices with a fingerprint sensor. So your device is not a Samsung device or your Samsung device does not have a fingerprint sensor.

- A notification is asking for a backup password. What should I do?
    This is a security feature from the system(it is not a part of FingerSecurity but from Samsung’s firmware). When you scan your fingerprint too many times without identification then the system will block the sensor and ask for your backup password. The backup password was specified during the registration of your fingerprints(this might not be the same as your alternative password for FingerSecurity). You have to enter your backup password else you can’t use the fingerprint sensor.

- I can’t remember my backup password.
    Unfortunately there is no way to reset the backup password. The only solution is performing a hard reset.

- FingerSecurity uses a lot of battery after updating.
    Please restart your device. Then FingerSecurity will work normal again and the battery usage will drop.

More information:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rickclephas.fingersecurity
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/themes-apps/themes-themes-fingersecurity-t2854653
    https://plus.google.com/communities/115259588790075802436

Changes:
    • Added indicator
    • Fixed timeout error

Fantastic job on the app, I love it! I have just one request:

It'd be great if "themes" didn't just include the fingerprint itself, but also the background color of the security screen. I'd love to make it black, etc.

Do you have an account on github or twitter where I can donate a few bucks as a "thank you" for this great app?

I am working on options to customize the background and also some text :D See attached sneak preview.

I don't own a twitter or github account.
    If you like then you can donate via PayPal. http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=5950828

Sent from my SM-N915FY
    Amazing this thing can secure my phone and tab. Thanks!! Working awesomely! Great animation and design. Google should hire you!

Thanks. I am working on a material design version :D

Sent from my SM-N915FY using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    A wish come true.. You are amazing!!! Works flawlessly. This just needs a finger swipe indicator and it should be perfect already.