Xperia E3 Memory Increase

Search This thread

Ambychy

Mar 5, 2014
Places
Hey guys, i ve found a way to increase the internal memory in our xperia e3. It is not a memory swapper but it connects the external sd to the internal memory like and extension so your external sd card is used as the internal memory when more memory is needed.

What you will be able to do with this
-Download huge games directly from playstore
-Never have to worry about memory again.

What you need
-Root access
-External Sd card with good read write speed
-obb on sd Xposed Module
-Root browser and scripter. I recommend that you download Rom Toolbox app from the playstore because it has these two

How to apply
I ve attached two files in the files.zip for you two download.
-Extract the files to either your internal or your external memory card.
-After extraction, you will see two files, debugered.mnt and mount.sh
-Move debuggered.mnt to system/bin and set the correct permissions ( set the same permissions as other files in system/bin)
-Open up Scripter and import mount.sh.
-Use Scripter to run Mount.sh and you're done.
-Install the obb on sd xposed module and then you can play games

To remove this, just reboot and it will be gone. If you want it to remain there permanently, use the Scripter app and set the mount.sh script to always run at boot

Bugs
-Playstore Force closes if the game you are downloading is bigger than 1.6gb (To fix this, clear playstore data and restart the app)
-You cant view your screenshots in album app but you can still share them in whatsapp

I will find a fix for these bugs soon. meanwhile enjoy your memory.

XDA:DevDB Information
Memory Binder Xperia E3, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia E3

Contributors
Ambychy

Version Information

Created 2015-06-22
Last Updated 2015-06-22

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-21-21-40-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-21-21-40-10.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 11,181
  • Screenshot_2015-05-21-21-39-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-21-21-39-54.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 11,099
Last edited:

R110

May 17, 2015
Hi. Thanks for the good work. Is it also for D2203 ? If it is, i'll maybe try it tomorrow

EDIT : Tested with Nitrogen 3.5 and it seems to work.

Last edited:

himfa71

Mar 24, 2015
Mumbai
Yes. It should work. You can try it. Tell me the result

Sorry for late reply, i was not able to test it earlier, BUT i test it now and its working perfectly thank you,
And, will i get any problems with this, if my stock "system/bin/debuggerd" is stopping by this method, i don't know anything about what debuggerd is,

Sent from my Xperia E3 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: nimesh52

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Wait so how do I check to see if its working? Storage still says 800mb system memory and 7.1GB SD card?

Sent from my E3 using XDA Free mobile app

Tindaly

Aug 23, 2015
tenho que criar alguma partição ?

Hey guys, i ve found a way to increase the internal memory in our xperia e3. It is not a memory swapper but it connects the external sd to the internal memory like and extension so your external sd card is used as the internal memory when more memory is needed.

What you need
-Root access
-obb on sd Xposed Module
-Root browser and scripter. I recommend that you download Rom Toolbox app from the playstore because it has these two

How to apply
-Move debuggered.mnt to system/bin and set the correct permissions ( set the same permissions as other files in system/bin)

To remove this, just reboot and it will be gone. If you want it to remain there permanently, use the Scripter app and set the mount.sh script to always run at boot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olá, obrigado pelo tutorial, mas não entendi muito bem...
Tenho que criar uma partição pro meu celular e funciona com a stock rom ?
Tentei mas não consegui, eu não criei nenhuma partição...
desculpe é que o Google tradutor não funcionou muito bem..

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Sorry, but I think that this mod is not functional! Play store still write error about insufficient internal storage space. Phone is rooted, everything was done as you wrote. What's wrong?

himfa71

Mar 24, 2015
Mumbai
Sorry, but I think that this mod is not functional! Play store still write error about insufficient internal storage space. Phone is rooted, everything was done as you wrote. What's wrong?

Its working for me without any problem, I can install any games from playstore,

milda25

Apr 23, 2008

Its working for me without any problem, I can install any games from playstore,

It's strange, don't know what I did wrong :( In phone is 16GB card. 14 GB is free. ES explorer says, 14 GB free on internal storage and same on SD card. If I don't run mount.SH script, it says 200 MB on internal storage and 14GB on SD. So, it looks good, but play store still says error :( Must have SD some special file system or so?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

himfa71

Mar 24, 2015
Mumbai
It's strange, don't know what I did wrong :( In phone is 16GB card. 14 GB is free. ES explorer says, 14 GB free on internal storage and same on SD card. If I don't run mount.SH script, it says 200 MB on internal storage and 14GB on SD. So, it looks good, but play store still says error :( Must have SD some special file system or so?

Are u using obb on SD xposed module? Try this disable obb on SD module from xposed then restart and then run mount.sh and goto playstore and see if u can install big games

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
Are u using obb on SD xposed module? Try this disable obb on SD module from xposed then restart and then run mount.sh and goto playstore and see if u can install big games

Thanks for the tip. Yes, using obb on sd, because it is in instruction in OP. Tried all you wrote, but no success. Here is photo of ES Explorer - I think, it looks good but can't install nothing, because internal storage has insufficient disk space (play store saying)

Attachments

• 1442341736986.jpg
    1442341736986.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 810

kakarutobr

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks for the tip. Yes, using obb on sd, because it is in instruction in OP. Tried all you wrote, but no success. Here is photo of ES Explorer - I think, it looks good but can't install nothing, because internal storage has insufficient disk space (play store saying)

The same here!
everything looks good, but when you think you can download, no space information is show!

himfa71

Mar 24, 2015
Mumbai

I dont know whats the problem but it's working for me,

1st ss is before running mount.sh, see my internal and external storage.

2nd ss is after running mount.sh.
And 3rd is result.

Attachments

• 1442413500906.jpg
    1442413500906.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 847
  • 1442413512144.jpg
    1442413512144.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 847
  • 1442413522134.jpg
    1442413522134.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 833

tensa85

Mar 13, 2015
Does not work

Hello, I have executed your guide perfectly, but if I try to download dungeon hunter 5 tells me that memory is not enough, I also installed Link2SD to connect the app to a partition ext 4 this can create conflict?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What you need
    -Root access
    -obb on sd Xposed Module

How to apply

Bugs
    -Playstore Force closes if the game you are downloading is bigger than 1.6gb (To fix this, clear playstore data and restart the app)
    -You cant view your screenshots in album app but you can still share them in whatsapp

I will find a fix for these bugs soon. meanwhile enjoy your memory.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Memory Binder Xperia E3, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia E3

Contributors
    Ambychy

Version Information

Created 2015-06-22
    Last Updated 2015-06-22
    Reserved

If you have problems with the download link use this one Click Here
    Yes. It should work. You can try it. Tell me the result

Sorry for late reply, i was not able to test it earlier, BUT i test it now and its working perfectly thank you,
    And, will i get any problems with this, if my stock "system/bin/debuggerd" is stopping by this method, i don't know anything about what debuggerd is,

Wait so how do I check to see if its working? Storage still says 800mb system memory and 7.1GB SD card?

Sent from my E3 using XDA Free mobile app

Download ES file explorer. Use the memory thing then use Es normally you'll see a difference
    Can some one please explain me how to install the obb on sd xposed module and then you can play games. Which app to install i am confused. I am not a pro with all the rooting stuff. But i did try and manae to root my Xperia E3.

If i dont want any high end games but i do need the memory expansion for mini games do i still need to perform this step?