Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)
*** Lollipop is out so my development for Kitkat is done. As a closure, I included all tab-plus models in this final build***

for some unknown reason, download provider is missing in the final build
Patch didn't work and I need to rebuild. Hoping this is really the final. :D

Black-on-Trans.png

CarbonRom is another aftermarket ROM having its unique features. I have been playing with Carbon for sometime. It has some unique features like CarbonFibers and ActiveDisplay. Another cool ROM worth trying. Cheers!

goo.im is up again!
Release Note:
2014/8/2
Just finished the GPU performance settings. In case some tabs might have lower tolerance, I lowered the GPU default min. and max. freq.
I also enable the Carbon performance tool. You can flash kernel and recovery from there. zRAM can only be enabled by TricksterMod. Old methods doesn't work on Kitkat. This build included all Carbon features. Enjoy! ;)

2014/7/2
With help from @zombiezoom, the Carbon 4.4.4 build proved working on Tab plus. I do a sync before building for 7.7. It was a bad move. Carbon has an incomplete commit which cause me 12 hrs. to make the build pass. :eek:
On request from the local friends, link for Alipay is added in Donation.

2014/4/19
There are a few bugs in CarbonRom for our tab since day one. SystemUI crash, Some pages in CarbonFibers crash...etc. I finally fixed them this weekend! So it's time for me to share. It include all the fixes in my Kitkat roms. ;)

Change log: :victory:
Code:
Official Carbon [URL="https://carbon-rom.com/changes/"]Change log[/URL]
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/8/2[/COLOR]
  - Latest CarbonROM source
  - Android 4.4.4r2 KTU84Q
  - kernel update for GPU O/C and zRAM
  - add GPU settings in performance
  - include performance tools
  - zRAM support
  - major Bluetooth update from Bluez
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/7/2[/COLOR]
  - Android 4.4.4r1 KTU84P
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/19[/COLOR]
  - Android 4.4.2r2 KVT49L
  - Fix crash in SystemUI
  - Fix crash in CarbonAbout
  - Fix crash in CarbonFibers
  - Fix in QuickSettings (mess up after change QSTile position)

Know issues: :(
Only minor issues:
1. Lock screen stay at landscape with Rotaion Lock is ON
2. A few apks (eg. Browser) with distort screen after rotation. (Can be recovered by selecting from recent menu again)

Downloads: :highfive:
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/carbon
AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13972
mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GjnUQ#dir/path=/carbon

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
** The CarbonROM team!
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Attachments

• DownloadProvider.zip
    684.3 KB · Views: 8,546
Last edited:

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
I just cannot believe it man! You are unstoppable and I REALLY LOVE YOU :D
Thank you so much for this ROM..downloading it right now and I think it's gonna be better than OmniROM in terms of features :good:

Reactions: daniel_hk

ravhi1044

Dec 27, 2013
Bogor
Thanks daniel, how to access the old internal storage, cause the path changes to "storage/emulated" (whatever i forgot)
I cannot see my data, cause the old internal storage in "mnt/shell/sdcard"

so I must manually move all data to new path internal storage ?

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Thanks daniel, how to access the old internal storage, cause the path changes to "storage/emulated" (whatever i forgot)
I cannot see my data, cause the old internal storage in "mnt/shell/sdcard"

so I must manually move all data to new path internal storage ?

Of course not. I don't have a Tab Plus to test but there are links to /sdcard, /storage/sdcard0, etc.
I don't know why you say you can't access. Apks will find the data themselves. You have to be more specific. Which apks, what do you want to do, etc.

At least you have to tell which model you have in order to get helps from others.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Feersome

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Oops, system UI crashed and I can't access anything other than settings via quick menu.
I have a p6200 WiFi+3G and now I am back to the latest build of OMNIRom
I already did 3 wipes but same problem exists

phangs23

Mar 22, 2011
Messed my tab

This ROM did a really big mess on my tab. Been flashing roms since gingerbread, but this rom is a big mess.now my p6200 have a really screwed file system. i don't recommend using this.

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
This ROM did a really big mess on my tab. Been flashing roms since gingerbread, but this rom is a big mess.now my p6200 have a really screwed file system. i don't recommend using this.

I don't know what you meant by messing your file system?
I think you meant the content of the internal sdcard was moved to the folder 0. This is the way android handle multi user since 4.2. Your experience might only upto 4.1.2. There were similar misunderstandings early last year when 4.2 launched.

Flashing might corrupt the /data and/or /system partition. If it is interrupted during flash, partition info might be corrupted. Internal sdcard is inside /data and the content will be gone. But that would be a very rare situation. I would say one in a thousand.

Although there are over a thousand downloads all together, I haven't received a single success. I don't have a Tab-Plus to test so I decided to drop this build for Tab-Plus. :(

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
I think you meant the content of the internal sdcard was moved to the folder 0. This is the way android handle multi user since 4.2. Your experience might only upto 4.1.2. There were similar misunderstandings early last year when 4.2 launched.

Flashing might corrupt the /data and/or /system partition. If it is interrupted during flash, partition info might be corrupted. Internal sdcard is inside /data and the content will be gone. But that would be a very rare situation. I would say one in a thousand.

Although there are over a thousand downloads all together, I haven't received a single success. I don't have a Tab-Plus to test so I decided to drop this build for Tab-Plus. :(

NO NO NO! PLEASE MAN! You can test anything with mine, just tell me what you want. I already provided a logcat.
This is the best rom yet, it has amazing features.

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
NO NO NO! PLEASE MAN! You can test anything with mine, just tell me what you want. I already provided a logcat.

Normally, there would be a missing resource (for the resolution of your tab) causing crash but I can't find any error in your logcat. If systemUI crash, how can you use it...
I don't know how you got the logcat.
If systemUI crash, you can only get the log via a PC.
Type:
adb logcat > logfile
will dump the log to the file logfile in your current directory.
A clean flash will clear the debug from PC. Try a dirty flash to keep the debug privilege.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Normally, there would be a missing resource (for the resolution of your tab) causing crash but I can't find any error in your logcat. If systemUI crash, how can you use it...
Type:
adb logcat > logfile
A clean flash will clear the debug from PC. Try a dirty flash to keep the debug privilege.

Yes, the logcat I provided was done from my Linux laptop. Now, I only saw SystemUI crash warning once but everytime I boot the device I see a black screen no home! just the toolbar and softkeys.
So, if you need another one, I'll make another.

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Type:
adb logcat > logfile

Screenshots after a clean flash uploaded and you can see that I cannot access Home or Apps drawer
I also attached a ZIP of 3 logcat files.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    105.6 KB · Views: 62
  • testphotos.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 201

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Thank you so much for taking time to build for our tab :)
Downloading now!

Edit: the AFH link leads to the galaxy 7.7 downloads!

Edit: Fixed. :)

Last edited:

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Thank you Daniel, everything is working as it should. But sometimes when restarting the tablet, it gets stuck on the CarbonRom logo. That's the only problem I encountered so far. I will update this post if I found any other problems.

EDIT: seems like it was fixed by flashing Minimal GApps ^^

Last edited:
Which Kernel to use?

I have tried all of the kernels available on the download link on the first post, but none work with my P6210. They all fail with a getprop error.
Is there a newer kernel somewhere? I am trying to use CM-11 unofficial or carbonrom.

Thanks!

xaadilhx

Jun 23, 2013
Can folks please post experiences on the p6200, I've been using the 7.7 version which is fantastic, the most usable daily rom but if this is good enough on the plus, I'd really like to suggest this rom to a friend who is still stuck with 4.1 jb

zombiezoom

Jan 27, 2012
Alexandria
Can folks please post experiences on the p6200, I've been using the 7.7 version which is fantastic, the most usable daily rom but if this is good enough on the plus, I'd really like to suggest this rom to a friend who is still stuck with 4.1 jb

I am currently using the latest version and it's so amazing, ROCK stable. I have no problems with it. It's the best for Tab Plus so far.

EDIT: BTW a lot of people here -and I don't know why- don't appreciate the massive work that Daniel has made for Tab Plus. You could see a lot of downloads being counted but only a few people who would comment with reviews or even a thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: xaadilhx

matthys

Apr 26, 2013
george
I'm extremely great full for daniel_hk's work but i think it would be great is somebody would test all P6200 roms and test them on common every day app and games and give feed back and benchmark scores as i have no idea what rom to try first ??? just look at the choices just from daniel_hk
this one is on my list to be tested just saying keep up the great work

Can we have some screenshots ram usage and benchmarks scores from somebody that uses it already? might cause more downloads and more replies

xaadilhx

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for your feedback on the plus zombiezoom, great to hear.

I've been trailing mainly P6800 (7.7) rom mods for about a year now. Its fantastic to be able to get access to these roms and everyone's hard work particularly Daniel, I must say he has so many roms posted and its great to trial them. I've been looking for a stable alternative to stock now for a while and I think I've found it.

I think people who use the roms are likely following guides from other sites, they just download, trial and don't comment here. To get everything working efficiently we do need to focus comments here to help the developers/ and ultimately ourselves by getting a nice working rom.

@ this point to have wifi, bluetooth, mobile function and other major functions to be working reliably is great. I'm sure those who make the switch from stock and remain would likely consider donations. I said on the 7.7 topic, that I rather less fancy functions and features and more stability. This way we can all leave the stock rom behind just like samsung left us there and turn to our rom of choice. Once we do that we then can support our developers who can in turn keep our devices stable and alive.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With a few requests from tab-plus owners, I started building ROMs for tab-plus. I don't want to ignor anyone so built for all models.
    I can't reply all post because I don't have the tab to test. However, I tried to answer all PMs as detail as possible. Once a while in these few months, I received a few hostile PMs, calling me names, etc. I might have asked too many questions. I don't have the ability to guess what model or which ROM if they are not mentioned. I don't know why asking for a screen shot, a video or details would be too much for someone.
    Anyway, I over estimated myself to support a device I don't have. I have spent too much resource and I don't think I can do this any more. Bye. :)
    *** Lollipop is out so my development for Kitkat is done. As a closure, I included all tab-plus models in this final build***

for some unknown reason, download provider is missing in the final build
    Patch didn't work and I need to rebuild. Hoping this is really the final. :D

Black-on-Trans.png

CarbonRom is another aftermarket ROM having its unique features. I have been playing with Carbon for sometime. It has some unique features like CarbonFibers and ActiveDisplay. Another cool ROM worth trying. Cheers!

goo.im is up again!
    Release Note:
    2014/8/2
    Just finished the GPU performance settings. In case some tabs might have lower tolerance, I lowered the GPU default min. and max. freq.
    I also enable the Carbon performance tool. You can flash kernel and recovery from there. zRAM can only be enabled by TricksterMod. Old methods doesn't work on Kitkat. This build included all Carbon features. Enjoy! ;)

2014/7/2
    With help from @zombiezoom, the Carbon 4.4.4 build proved working on Tab plus. I do a sync before building for 7.7. It was a bad move. Carbon has an incomplete commit which cause me 12 hrs. to make the build pass. :eek:
    On request from the local friends, link for Alipay is added in Donation.

2014/4/19
    There are a few bugs in CarbonRom for our tab since day one. SystemUI crash, Some pages in CarbonFibers crash...etc. I finally fixed them this weekend! So it's time for me to share. It include all the fixes in my Kitkat roms. ;)

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    Official Carbon [URL="https://carbon-rom.com/changes/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/8/2[/COLOR]
      - Android 4.4.4r2 KTU84Q
      - kernel update for GPU O/C and zRAM
      - add GPU settings in performance
      - include performance tools
      - zRAM support
      - major Bluetooth update from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/7/2[/COLOR]
      - Android 4.4.4r1 KTU84P
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/19[/COLOR]
      - Android 4.4.2r2 KVT49L
      - Fix crash in SystemUI
      - Fix crash in CarbonAbout
      - Fix crash in CarbonFibers
      - Fix in QuickSettings (mess up after change QSTile position)

Know issues: :(
    Only minor issues:
    1. Lock screen stay at landscape with Rotaion Lock is ON
    2. A few apks (eg. Browser) with distort screen after rotation. (Can be recovered by selecting from recent menu again)

Downloads: :highfive:
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/carbon
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=13972
    mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GjnUQ#dir/path=/carbon

Recovery requirement
    ** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
    Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
    github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The CarbonROM team!
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Thank you Daniel, everything is working as it should. But sometimes when restarting the tablet, it gets stuck on the CarbonRom logo. That's the only problem I encountered so far. I will update this post if I found any other problems.

EDIT: seems like it was fixed by flashing Minimal GApps ^^
    Oops, system UI crashed and I can't access anything other than settings via quick menu.
    I have a p6200 WiFi+3G and now I am back to the latest build of OMNIRom
    I already did 3 wipes but same problem exists

Can you or anyone provide a logcat?
    Thanks.

Type:
    adb logcat > logfile