[ROMs] Leaked ZTE Roms

Search This thread

sangemaru

May 7, 2011
Bucharest
Hello friends.
This is intended to be a thread providing up-to-date versions of ZTE ROMs, mainly for the very unsupported (so far) ZTE V71A and ZTE V11A, but if you have other requests for ZTE roms, please ask and I'll see if I can provide.

--- VDF_IT_V11AV2.0.0B02.zip (466.13 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/E709JNIJ2H
--- FWUpgrade_Pad_CDMA_V55.zip (215.24 KB) http://www.multiupload.nl/NP6EWS6K3B
--- SPT_AM_V55V1.3.0B09.zip (193.05 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/YTMKD922CU - NEW v55 ROM

--------------------------------------

The above files are most probably all down, and I can no longer locate new versions for them.
I can, however quote:

Hello All:
The phone company in Taiwan(TWN GSM) has just released the offical 4.0.4 rom zte V71A
(Taiwan mobile mypad p4 is the OEM of ZTE V71A)
http://service.taiwanmobile.com/csonline/cellphone/download.html
Just Connect to the above hyperlink and press "P4 Android 4.04 升級檔 "
Then you can download it and upgrade to 4.0.4.
Please help to update this ROM to the first page of this thread...^^

I'm sorry friends. I've lost access to the ZTE servers from where I procured new roms for devices.
Unless I find a different source, I can't provide any updates.
Until further notice this thread may be considered dead.

Last edited:

sangemaru

May 7, 2011
Bucharest
1.2.0B09 released in february 2012 vs 1.0S released in july 2011 :p
Leave me your e-mail adress by pm if you want the file, but be advised that we still don't have a flashing utility to install it with, me and mobilx are still trying to figure out how we can get this software on our devices.

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
1.2.0B09 released in february 2012 vs 1.0S released in july 2011 :p
Leave me your e-mail adress by pm if you want the file, but be advised that we still don't have a flashing utility to install it with, me and mobilx are still trying to figure out how we can get this software on our devices.

That would be good. did you get my pm?

sangemaru

May 7, 2011
Bucharest
brd912, couldn't you have just said X500 in the first place? :) I'll look, if I find anything I'll let you know.
zsolti, so far I've had no success with using the huawei procedure to flash our tabs, and mobilx hasn't been online today so I haven't got a clue from him about this.
The bad news is, as confirmed earlier by mobilx, the builds are IDENTICAL to what we currently have on our devices. Not encouraging at all (Verified by comparing build.prop). And we don't even know how to flash them yet...
I'm attempting to obtain a carrier unlocked nandroid backup right now, to see if it's locked at a component firmware level or at software level. Maybe we'll see some good news on that front.

Last edited:

mobilx

May 17, 2007
Jagodina
Hello there,

This guide in english explains a lot. So this unlmt.cfg file actually serves as a trigger to automatik or manual update.

That means
  1. if it is present update will start on PWR off PWR on
  2. if it is NOT present than you need to go to the FTM mode VOL+ & PWR and update process will start

dload folder must be on ext-sd card.

Again leaked FWs for V11a are the same as ones on our devices
Sangemaru can confirm if his internal FW name on 7 inch matches with the leaked ones.

Go to yours build.prop file and check ro.build.sw_internal_version=VDF_RS_V11AV1.0.0B03 example of mine device
  • VDF - network - vodafone
  • RS - country - serbia
  • V11A - model - 10 inch
  • V1.0.0 FW version - very first
  • B03 - localisation ( APNs, keyboards etc) Serbian network APNs and Cyrillic keyboard

Last edited:

sangemaru

May 7, 2011
Bucharest
Yea, I read it.
At least for my tablet, it didn't apply. Update would not trigger, either on reboot or ftm mode, with neither UPDATA.zip or update.zip names, with the file or not, with fresh sd card format or not, development mode or not, etc.
I'm assuming it worked on your V11A, so somebody should attempt it on their own V71A's if possible. I may have messed something up, or simply have an unsupported sd card.

Reactions: zsolti256

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
The one in first post for V71a is :
ro.build.zte_build_number=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-ES
ro.build.software_version=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-ES
ro.build.sw_internal_version=VDF_ES_V71AV1.2.0B09
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-hms-vf-{country}
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-vf-{country}

ro.build.date=Sat Dec 3 02:09:34 CST 2011

Mine is:

ro.build.zte_build_number=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-HU
ro.build.software_version=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-HU
ro.build.sw_internal_version=VDF_HU_V71AV1.2.0B09
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-zte

ro.build.date=Sat Dec 3 03:44:43 CST 2011
Anyone know what will happen if we flash a firmware from another carrier, like in my case? Because the network id isnt the same for hungary it is 21670, for spain its different...

Last edited:

majaelx

Feb 5, 2008
hei, did any of you has dialer app, it seems vodafone had removed this one
p.s. am on july rom

if there is one can some one post it
tanks

Paxxx76

Dec 7, 2010
Hi all !!!!!

I'm Italian .......

My device specs :

M8660A-AABQNLYM-3.1.32T 1 Jul 23 2011 22:00:00

Kernel version :

2.6.35.11-perf.
root@zte#2

Build Number :

SmartTab10-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-IT

majaelx

Feb 5, 2008
huawei media tab

Honeycomb, friend. Honeycomb has telephony support removed. If you want phone service look into a VoIP service.
:confused:
did notice that huawei media pad has a dialer app, however did not succed to start it.
I'm saying that in greate proportion the two tablets are just the same.

caveman_78

Feb 7, 2007
Spain
no luck

The one in first post for V71a is :
ro.build.zte_build_number=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-ES
ro.build.software_version=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-ES
ro.build.sw_internal_version=VDF_ES_V71AV1.2.0B09
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-vf-{country}

ro.build.date=Sat Dec 3 02:09:34 CST 2011

Mine is:

ro.build.zte_build_number=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-HU
ro.build.software_version=SmartTab7-MSM8260-V02d-Dec022011-Vodafone-HU
ro.build.sw_internal_version=VDF_HU_V71AV1.2.0B09
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-zte

ro.build.date=Sat Dec 3 03:44:43 CST 2011
Anyone know what will happen if we flash a firmware from another carrier, like in my case? Because the network id isnt the same for hungary it is 21670, for spain its different...

Hi majaelix,

Tried all proceudres described in this post with no luck updating firmware, I have a Vodafone Spain V71a with 1.0 software version.
Tired to create several folders in sd-ext and puting inside the update.zip and the .cfg file with no success

Tried to sign the zip with Signapk utility but when I try to update it from Recovery, it says: "signature check failed", I think one of the files nneded to sign a zip file is related to the recovery, so I don't know how to generate it.

Also tried to root it with fastboot boot superboot.img but my fastboot can't detect the device form pc, I'vhe checked if drivers are installed in device administration and all seems to be ok.

Did you make any advance on this issue, I'm looking forward.

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
Hi majaelix,

Tried all proceudres described in this post with no luck updating firmware, I have a Vodafone Spain V71a with 1.0 software version.
Tired to create several folders in sd-ext and puting inside the update.zip and the .cfg file with no success

Tried to sign the zip with Signapk utility but when I try to update it from Recovery, it says: "signature check failed", I think one of the files nneded to sign a zip file is related to the recovery, so I don't know how to generate it.

Also tried to root it with fastboot boot superboot.img but my fastboot can't detect the device form pc, I'vhe checked if drivers are installed in device administration and all seems to be ok.

No, but Please standby, a fellow Hungarian 10" user is probably going to make some kind of update we have obtained a build that is even newer, it is the following:
SmartTab7-MSM8260-V03a-Jan182012-Vodafone-HU

Last edited:
Reactions: caveman_78

caveman_78

Feb 7, 2007
Spain
good news

No, but Please standby, a fellow Hungarian 10" user is probably going to make some kind of update we have obtained a build that is even newer, it is the following:

Wow, those are good news. I can't wait for the update. maybe after, we can try to make some weird ICS port.

Please, keep us informed...

Thanks...

branc

Mar 10, 2011
i have some problem

hello i have a V71A and i wanna take back the stock rom beacuse i formated system... and a CWM is buggy and usb mass storage is doesn't work and my pc don't see the tablet just CD-rom and not more "adb devices -list of devices atthaced (and nothing)" pls help (sorry for my english)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends.
    This is intended to be a thread providing up-to-date versions of ZTE ROMs, mainly for the very unsupported (so far) ZTE V71A and ZTE V11A, but if you have other requests for ZTE roms, please ask and I'll see if I can provide.

--- VDF_IT_V11AV2.0.0B02.zip (466.13 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/E709JNIJ2H
    --- FWUpgrade_Pad_CDMA_V55.zip (215.24 KB) http://www.multiupload.nl/NP6EWS6K3B
    --- SPT_AM_V55V1.3.0B09.zip (193.05 MB) http://www.multiupload.nl/YTMKD922CU - NEW v55 ROM

--------------------------------------

The above files are most probably all down, and I can no longer locate new versions for them.
    I can, however quote:

Hello All:
    The phone company in Taiwan(TWN GSM) has just released the offical 4.0.4 rom zte V71A

I'm sorry friends. I've lost access to the ZTE servers from where I procured new roms for devices.
    Unless I find a different source, I can't provide any updates.
    Until further notice this thread may be considered dead.
    Yea, I read it.
    At least for my tablet, it didn't apply. Update would not trigger, either on reboot or ftm mode, with neither UPDATA.zip or update.zip names, with the file or not, with fresh sd card format or not, development mode or not, etc.
    I'm assuming it worked on your V11A, so somebody should attempt it on their own V71A's if possible. I may have messed something up, or simply have an unsupported sd card.
    Hi majaelix,

Hello All: