Anyone using Jump!

Search This thread

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You have until November to do your second jump.
its a 12 month year, starting from when you first sign up

Thanks!
I guess I will just upgrade a week before just in case :p.

That is assuming anything better comes out before then which is yet to be seen, I am really loving the M8 and its the first time I have been happy with a phone in awhile.

Not quite. The year starts when you used your first jump not when you signed up. I have already used my two jumps on one line and that line can't jump again until January(I got it the first day they offered).

Jetbo4

Apr 30, 2014
Columbus
Not quite. The year starts when you used your first jump not when you signed up. I have already used my two jumps on one line and that line can't jump again until January(I got it the first day they offered).

See this is the confusion I have been having. This is just like when I call customer support. I have heard it both ways haha. Anyone else have any experience or already did their second jump?

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I did it on purpose to find out how it worked. I wasted a jump just because I wanted to see if it once every 6 months or actually 2 times per year. If it was once every 6 months they should have said it that way, but it IS twice a year. Also the first 6 months does not count towards the year because you could never jump during the first 6 months.

Jetbo4

Apr 30, 2014
Columbus
I did it on purpose to find out how it worked. I wasted a jump just because I wanted to see if it once every 6 months or actually 2 times per year. If it was once every 6 months they should have said it that way, but it IS twice a year. Also the first 6 months does not count towards the year because you could never jump during the first 6 months.

No I get that it is twice a year. But when is that year from. The time of your first jump or when you add jump?

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
when you do your first jump. If it was from the point you first add jump the 6 month waiting period would be pointless to have. Just think about it. If it's twice a year why have the 6 month waiting period if it started when you first jump. You'd be forced to jump twice within 6 months or lose a jump.

Jetbo4

Apr 30, 2014
Columbus
when you do your first jump. If it was from the point you first add jump the 6 month waiting period would be pointless to have. Just think about it. If it's twice a year why have the 6 month waiting period if it started when you first jump. You'd be forced to jump twice within 6 months or lose a jump.

I mean that does make sense. It also makes sense for them to give you a reason to lose a jump.

EtherealRemnant

Its a 6 month waiting period before your jump eligibility starts. After that, you have two jump credits available. As soon as you use one, the clock starts. You can use both in a month if you wanted to but you wouldn't be able to jump again until your 2 credits reset 12 months after your first jump.

I don't get what is confusing about that or why anybody would think it worked any other way. They make you wait 6 months with the old program because of the fact that you don't have a minimum payment amount with it. The 50% pay off with the new jump is why they did away with the waiting period

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jetbo4 and Tidbits

Jetbo4

Apr 30, 2014
Columbus
Its a 6 month waiting period before your jump eligibility starts. After that, you have two jump credits available. As soon as you use one, the clock starts. You can use both in a month if you wanted to but you wouldn't be able to jump again until your 2 credits reset 12 months after your first jump.

I don't get what is confusing about that or why anybody would think it worked any other way. They make you wait 6 months with the old program because of the fact that you don't have a minimum payment amount with it. The 50% pay off with the new jump is why they did away with the waiting period

Thanks! I mean literally the only confusion to me is every time I call them I get a different answer. I mean even in the forms people are giving different answers so thats why I was curious over how it works. I mean its one of those things that I'm shocked that T mobile doesn't have a straight answer before and in no publically available TOS does it state the specific terms since they have gone to the new jump program which obviously is not an upgrade to anyone with the old program.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How soon after I get Jump can I switch phones?
    What if I've already paid off my phone completely and am on a prepaid plan?
    On the old Jump plan like I was on:
    You have to wait 6 months to jump first, then you can jump any time after that. Once you've gotten that phone, you have to wait 6 months again. I got the Note 3 when I signed up for Jump, so my 6 months ended right when the M8 came out, so if the Note 4 came out tomorrow, I could get it tomorrow, but if something else came out after, I'd have to wait six months. You also pay the full device tax up front, which is about 48bux. You can also only jump twice a year, as opposed to the new Jump plan. However, everything left on the EIP from the phone is completely removed, regardless of the phone value. If you crack your screen or something, you may be forced to pay your insurance deductible to Jump, as someone got caught on that when I was at the T-Mo store on release day. You still have to trade your phone in to T-Mo or completely pay it off to do the next Jump. I just trade my old one in since Jump includes insurance and who needs the old phone. Like the new Jump, you have to be trading in your old device in order to Jump for the EIP to be nulled out. If you aren't you'll be on the hook for the remaining value.

On the new Jump plan:
    You can Jump any time you want, you turn your phone in and T-Mo will pay UP to off half of the value of the phone, leaving you with the other half. You also pay the new device's full price of taxes upfront, so $48 in the case of the M8 for me. So in the case of the M8, I believe it's $636 without taxes. T-Mobile will pay $318 at most, leaving the other 318 to you (or more). As an example of my payments, I pay 26.50 a month for the phone for 24 months. That means in 12 months you would have hit half of the device price when you bought it, and you could jump at that point if you didn't want to pay the rest of it off at the time of the Jump. You could pay it off early and Jump as well, but if you sell it you end up responsible for all remaining payments as you aren't trading anything in, just like on the old plan

Both plans have their positives and negatives, but tl;dr
    Old Jump: Jump twice a year, once after 6 months, once whenever, all remaining EIP payments nuked, you won't be forced to switch to the new Jump plan.
    New Jump: Jump as many times a year as you want, but you're on the hook for at least half of the devices value at purchase.
    Both: You have to trade your old phone in for your new one and you pay the full device taxes up front.

Hopefully that explains everything and wasn't too long and boring. I had it all explained at the store when I did my first 6 month Jump.
    I'm probably going to use jump to ditch my note 3 for the one. I'm on the old jump, do you stay on the old jump after upgrading?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

I am on the old jump as well and also traded in my Note 3 for the M8 earlier today. My rep advised that I will be staying on the old jump program after trading in my phone.
    Did they want anything besides the phone when you did jump? I would rather keep my Note 3 charger if I can, its a 2 amp charger just gotta use a different usb cable then what came with it

I've done three Jumps on my lines and you keep everything except the battery and phone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Don't have an answer to the OP's question, but I heard people who got onto Jump before T-mobile changed it (in Feb wasn't it?) will remain grandfathered on the old plan until they opt to switch to new version. So the older plan was somewhat better deal because one didn't had to pay half-cost of the phone before switching.