[RECOVERY][UNLOCKED BL] TWRP 3.5.0_9-1

Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Code:
/*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
* in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/

Prerequisites for Installation
- Must have an unlocked bootloader

Installation
- Use Flashify OR:
- Go into fastboot mode
- Install using the following command where <recovery-image> is the relevant file for your device

Code:
fastboot flash recovery <recovery-image>

*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
Downloads
All TWRP Builds for Apollo and Thor

Source Code
- Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
ggow

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-25

Last edited:

NeverSmile

Mar 15, 2011
Many thank to your great work.
Can Flash it via Flashtify ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
Question:
First run after installation there was a page regarding the option to mount System as read-only with a checkbox whether that page should not re-appear. I did NOT enable (i.e. left it disabled) that checkbox, but I've not seen that page again (regardless if I re-booted into recovery via the extended shutdown menu, or by pressing Vol+&Power at start). Is that option somewhere in the settings? And is it to be considered a bug that the page did not re-appear?

Last edited:
Reactions: Meins321

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Question:
First run after installation there was a page regarding the option to mount System as read-only with a checkbox whether that page should not re-appear. I did NOT enable (i.e. left it disabled) that checkbox, but I've not seen that page again (regardless if I re-booted into recovery via the extended shutdown menu, or by pressing Vol+&Power at start). Is that option somewhere in the settings? And is it to be considered a bug that the page did not re-appear?

It's not a bug, usually appears on first run only and should not impact TWRP's ongoing use.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
New Build is Up

- Dated 29 March 2016
- Fix slow performance especially when flashing open-gapps-6.x packages
- I would urge everyone to update their recovery partition before upgrading to future builds of CM-13.0

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
- Dated 29 March 2016
- Fix slow performance especially when flashing open-gapps-6.x packages
- I would urge everyone to update their recovery partition before upgrading to future builds of CM-13.0
Updated via Flashify on a pair of Thors; no issues.

Reactions: ggow

chaefei

Apr 25, 2016
Please help me. my hdx7 has locked bootloader. I made a mistake, flashed your TWRP3.0 .........Now, HDX7 cant work,cant connect computer ,cant in recovery.
only display "kindle fire". how can i repair it? plz.....

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Please help me. my hdx7 has locked bootloader. I made a mistake, flashed your TWRP3.0 .........Now, HDX7 cant work,cant connect computer ,cant in recovery.
only display "kindle fire". how can i repair it? plz.....
How did you attempt to flash TWRP (Safestrap, Flashify, FireFlash)? In the end it really doesn't matter. If your HDX won't progress past the gray Kindle Fire screen it is probably toast. Do you know what version of FireOS was last on the device (3.x, 4.x)?

chaefei

Apr 25, 2016
How did you attempt to flash TWRP (Safestrap, Flashify, FireFlash)? In the end it really doesn't matter. If your HDX won't progress past the gray Kindle Fire screen it is probably toast. Do you know what version of FireOS was last on the device (3.x, 4.x)?

my hdx7 had been flashed twrp2.8, and flashed cm11. Today, I flashed cm12,but i found hdx7 cant work. So i think it maybe because twrp2.8 is old version.
i used twrp2.8 to flash new twrp3.0........

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
my hdx7 had been flashed twrp2.8, and flashed cm11. Today, I flashed cm12,but i found hdx7 cant work. So i think it maybe because twrp2.8 is old version.
i used twrp2.8 to flash new twrp3.0........
You failed to read the documentation. CM12 also requires an unlocked bootloader as clearly stated in the OP. That's why it didn't flash with TWRP 2.8. There is no "maybe". Played with fire and got burned.

Since you had TWRP 2.8 installed the last version of FireOS was likely 3.1.x. There is an outside chance your device can be recovered following instructions in the following thread. Good luck.

http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/how-to-unbrick-kindle-fire-hdx-firmware-t3277197

chaefei

Apr 25, 2016
You failed to read the documentation. CM12 also requires an unlocked bootloader as clearly stated in the OP. That's why it didn't flash with TWRP 2.8. There is no "maybe". Played with fire and got burned.

Since you had TWRP 2.8 installed the last version of FireOS was likely 3.1.x. There is an outside chance your device can be recovered following instructions in the following thread. Good luck.

http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hdx/general/how-to-unbrick-kindle-fire-hdx-firmware-t3277197

thank you very much

Reactions: W99DEY

chaefei

Apr 25, 2016
Before you try @Davey126's suggestion - assuming you're on Fire OS 3.1.x - you should just give the bootloader unlock a try. Zero risk, it either unlocks or fails. :confused:

because my hdx7 is second-hand device,i don't know whether it is lock or not.
Before flashed twrp3.0 , it had been flashed twrp 2.8、 cm11. is it means unlock?

Cl4ncy

Jul 9, 2015
because my hdx7 is second-hand device,i don't know whether it is lock or not.
Before flashed twrp3.0 , it had been flashed twrp 2.8、 cm11. is it means unlock?
Well, to be as clear as possible about this. You had the real TWRP installed, i.e. TWRP 2.8.7.0, NOT Safestrap based on TWRP?
If you had the real TWRP installed you were on Fire OS v3.1.x - v3.2.3.2, which are unlockable versions. Even with Safestrap v3.7x it could be worth a try to unlock.
Again: You can't mess up anything by trying. It either unlocks or fails. And you can try the one-click-solution. Be sure to grab the PDA drivers if you suffer from the good ol' device not found problem.

chaefei

Apr 25, 2016
Well, to be as clear as possible about this. You had the real TWRP installed, i.e. TWRP 2.8.7.0, NOT Safestrap based on TWRP?
If you had the real TWRP installed you were on Fire OS v3.1.x - v3.2.3.2, which are unlockable versions. Even with Safestrap v3.7x it could be worth a try to unlock.
Again: You can't mess up anything by trying. It either unlocks or fails. And you can try the one-click-solution. Be sure to grab the PDA drivers if you suffer from the good ol' device not found problem.

thanks. i will try .
i want use fastboot method. But when i connect hdx to computer, the computer have nothing response.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader

Installation
    - Use Flashify OR:
    - Go into fastboot mode
    - Install using the following command where <recovery-image> is the relevant file for your device

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <recovery-image>

*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    Downloads
    All TWRP Builds for Apollo and Thor

Source Code
    - Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    ggow

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-25
    New Build is Up

- Dated 25 May 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.1-1
    - Fix issues from previous build(s)
    - Tested latest versions of : lineageos + opengapps micro + supersu + viper4android
    - Regression tested: factory reset, wipe, mount, file manager
    New Build is Up

- Dated 24 August 2018
    - Initial release of version 3.2.3
    New Build is Up

- Dated 31 August 2016
    - TWRP 3.0.2.0
    - MD5 checked both Apollo and Thor files
    New Build is Up

- Dated 17 April 2017
    - TWRP 3.1.0-0 Upstream
    - Also made all previous builds available