- Can be uninstalled
- Installs to SD/DEVICE
- Included Ad-blocking filter
- Default homepage set to Google
- Increased disk cache size to 20 MB
- Made the Zoom and Launch buttons 50% transparent
10ngtmo.png

- Replaced the "htc" loading image with build 2392's image
- Fixed the "installation unsucessfull" problem on some devices by removing setup.dll and adding its functions to _setup.xml

Notes:

- Hardware keyboard is reportedly working on Touch Pro/HD but is buggy on Xperia and a few others.

- If you're upgrading from build 2XXX or 19XX,I suggest using this cab over the upgrade version (which just replaces the two Opera exes) as this build contains new features like Vibration and Strength Clicks, which needs the supporting registry entries to work properly. There are also a few minor changes in Opera.ini and other files. Also, a few SD version cabs posted here of earlier builds are buggy (incorrect paths of a few files/registries) so I recommend installing this version for a complete (cooking bugs free) experience.

- As always, please backup your existing Opera/device before installing.

- Tested on WM5 QVGA PPC. (200MHz, 42 MB)

A few interesting tweaks:

- To prevent Opera from continuing to run in the background even after you close it, change the value of this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Preload
Name: RealExit

- For vibration support (untested)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Opera\Defaults
Name: VibrationEnabled

\Windows\Opera9\Opera.ini tweaks:

- If you're not satisfied with the default zoom levels, tweak these values:
Code:
[Adaptive Zoom]
Maximum Zoom=
Minimum Zoom=
Minimum Overview Zoom=

- To increase the number of tabs, edit the value below:
Code:
[User Prefs]
Maximum Allowed Tabs=

FAQ:

1) Flash Support?
Flash isn't working. I've yet to fully try out all tricks though, but don't expect a Flash build anytime soon.​

2) Uninstall old version?
Not necessary. The installer should automatically remove any older builds.​

3) Difference between 15202 and 15086?
Nothing significant (aka bugfixes or N/A)​

4) Improvements in build 15XXX since 2XXX?
  • Better Performance (Reported, not measured)
  • Vibration Support (Not tested)
  • Strength Clicks (Double taps? Pressure taps? Not sure about this one.)
  • Scroll Wheel Zoom

5) Help! Opera's not installing / starting
  • Before installing, terminate Opera9.exe using a process manager such as in SKTools
  • A softreset before and after installing helps
  • Uninstall all existing versions, delete Opera files from \Application Data\, \Windows\, \Program Files\ and run a registry cleaner
  • If your device has less memory, softreset, then exit all background apps and thirdparty processes (MobileShell/Winterface/etc), compact memory heaps and try launching
  • Some devices may report an unsucessfull install, but try launching Opera and check if the new version was installed

Troubleshooting:
Please mention the following details:
  • Device/OS/software specs.
  • Clean or upgrade install. If upgraded, which was the earlier build, etc.
  • Which CAB(s) you tried

Credits:
Thanks to cityhunter71 for the 15202 dump and liay for the original 15086 cab.

Download:

Build 15202:
Storage Card Install: [QVGA] [VGA]
Device Install: [QVGA] [VGA]

Build 15086 for those who're interested:
[SD QVGA] [SD VGA]
[DEVICE QVGA] [DEVICE VGA]

Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
you say youre trying to get support for flash.. does that mean it is a matter of updating the cabs again.. so shouldnt we potentially just wait til that happens?

klmsu19

Oct 2, 2005
idk why ppl are so concerned abut flash. First of all flash is flash lite and its a beta at that so its not ideal. neither is watching an embedded video in the browser. so i dont see much of a need for the big stink about having it at this point in time.

and i agree htctoucher, theres obviously a reason flash wasnt implemented any official Opera build yet on any device or their beta on their site- probably because Flash isnt ready, so i dont see why a half-baked beta flash lite build is so important to people.

Adobe is brining Flash 10 to mobiles shortly so im sure at some point Opera will officially support it

i think at this point having the best Opera build we can trumps flash by a mile. if people want a good way to do flash, skyfire is the best solution

Last edited:

nanoware

Dec 27, 2007
Texas
idk why ppl are so concerned abut flash. First of all flash is flash lite and its a beta at that so its not ideal. neither is watching an embedded video in the browser. so i dont see much of a need for the big stink about having it at this point in time.

and i agree htctoucher, theres obviously a reason flash wasnt implemented any official Opera build yet on any device or their beta on their site- probably because Flash isnt ready, so i dont see why a half-baked beta flash lite build is so important to people.

Adobe is brining Flash 10 to mobiles shortly so im sure at some point Opera will officially support it

i think at this point having the best Opera build we can trumps flash by a mile. if people want a good way to do flash, skyfire is the best solution

i was about to say..... opera... since it released the beta , not the "leaked htc,sharp, samsung builds, that they will not enable plugins in the beta builds... this is common knowledge....

as for the flash lite..... it was working pretty good in older builds of opera, and was even working even better on Internet Explorer Mobile 6 from the released emulator images some released a .cab for.....

i dont see complete flash 10 support ever coming to window mobile, but i do note the announcement that they are "looking into" bringing flash 10 to mobile devices in November .. but flash i too much of a system resource hog atm..

as far as i know flash lite 3 is all there releasing any time soon

and all flash lite 3 really is , is like the early builds of flash version 9 on desktops... which only supported the FLV standard, and not newer builds that support MP4 and .mov streaming....

all in all, i dont think any decent version of flash will be available for windows mobile any time soon... it is a crippled out of date OS.... but i wont bash on Microsoft too much... one of the reasons the IPhoney doesn't have it on there is because it consumes to many system resources.... and apple doesn't just want flash lite, they want the full version of flash.... that wont happen any time soon eiter

---- end of rant

Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
vibrate function doesnt seem to be working.. i dont really see much improvement over 2808..

my main gripe with recent versions is that when you are typing in a box (like in xda) when your typing goes out of the screen the screen doesnt move to show you what you are typing.. really makes it inconvenient to type.. previous verdions used to do this

also.. typing is no where near as good as in browsers like netfront.. pcm suggestion barely works in opera while it is near flawless in netfront

i was looking forward to this being implemented again in newer builds.. but even in these havent seen it.. or are other people having different experiences?

would love to know if somehow i could enable this :D very wishful thinking..

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
my main gripe with recent versions is that when you are typing in a box (like in xda) when your typing goes out of the screen the screen doesnt move to show you what you are typing.. really makes it inconvenient to type..

I hate this too, I'm online with my Diamond almost all the time and typing typing in forums is a pain because of this issue...

rachbu

Apr 21, 2008
I installed this on my XV6850 (Verizon Touch Pro) w/ stock ROM. I used the full install (not the upgrade) because Opera was included in the original ROM. Couple of notes:

1. I installed the SD version, but it did not install on my memory card. I found the new files in the Windows folder on my device.
2. This seems to have totally hosed my Compact Qwerty touch keyboard. It only types numbers, no letters, not just within Opera, but also if I try to use it to compose messages.
3. This is not uninstallable.
4. I tried to install Build 2392 over this version, but Compact Qwerty still doesn't work.

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
I installed the VGA standard version over the 15086.
Again, this version on the end of installation gave me an uninstalled, but About reports version 15202
Also, it's not uninstallable.
I modified the number of max tabs in opera.ini but still I can only have 3 tabs. I found a file, opera1.ini, I rename it and now I can add more tabs...

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
my main gripe with recent versions is that when you are typing in a box (like in xda) when your typing goes out of the screen the screen doesnt move to show you what you are typing.. really makes it inconvenient to type.. previous verdions used to do this

I know exactly what you're talking about, I noticed that problem on a number of previous builds. the funny thing is it only happens at xda!
but the way I setup my opera causes the text/reply field when zoomed to only fit the screen width. therefore I don't suffer from that. sometimes when I zoom in the reply field it's too big so I zoom out and zoom back on again. I have a VGA device:

I set my max zoom = 145, min zoom = 80 and in settings=> display I set font size to large.

this works for me and it has been working for me since 3 or 4 builds ago. I find that if I don't set font size to large it doesn't work. hopes this helps.

also.. typing is no where near as good as in browsers like netfront.. pcm suggestion barely works in opera while it is near flawless in netfront

i was looking forward to this being implemented again in newer builds.. but even in these havent seen it.. or are other people having different experiences?

would love to know if somehow i could enable this :D very wishful thinking..

to tell you the truth, I hold opera 10 bars above netfront. to me opera is way more functional, I find it very frustrating to scroll and pan in netfront. I can tweak the hell out of opera, I remember when it just came out and didn't support wordwrap I was able to implement it myself through the CSS files. I don't use flash in my opera because it's a resource hog, videos auto play and causes the page to move really slow, it causes opera to act sporadic and crashes the browser.

if you're talking about the hardware keyboard problem try using a software keyboard, I use TouchPal. I haven't used my HK keys in almost a year now. I find that I type almost 2 times faster than I would on a hardware keyboard.

just my 10cents, looking back for my 8cents change.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
I installed the VGA standard version over the 15086.
Again, this version on the end of installation gave me an uninstalled, but About reports version 15202
Also, it's not uninstallable.
I modified the number of max tabs in opera.ini but still I can only have 3 tabs. I found a file, opera1.ini, I rename it and now I can add more tabs...

this happens because you had a previous build that cannot be uninstalled, my guess is the 2545 build (yeah it got me too, I had to hard reset to get rid of it). and yes even though it says it was unsuccessful it still installed the major pieces, so technically you're running the new build so you shouldn't worry too much about that.

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
this happens because you had a previous build that cannot be uninstalled, my guess is the 2545 build (yeah it got me too, I had to hard reset to get rid of it). and yes even though it says it was unsuccessful it still installed the major pieces, so technically you're running the new build so you shouldn't worry too much about that.

I had stock Opera on my Touch HD and also got the "installation unsuccessful" thingie.

No big deal except the fact that it didn't appear in the Remove programs list and can't be uninstalled.

So I would advise to copy \Windows\Opera9.exe, \Windows\OperaL.exe, \Windows\Opera9 folder and HKLM\Software\Opera somewhere to be able to roll back just in case.

Otherwise, it's an excellent build, blazing fast, properly rotates dialogs unlike 2808 and works just fine for me so far - thanks for posting this!

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
Vibration Support (Not tested)

On Touch HD, when you tap a link or one of the corner fullscreen mode buttons (i.e. zoom and exit full screen), there's a short vibration to confirm. It still works in this build.

However, the stock HD version of Opera also used to vibrate on double tapping the screen to zoom in and out. In this build it doesn't. Not a big loss, just to point out what's going on.

Strength Clicks (Double taps? Pressure taps? Not sure about this
one.)

My guess is that it's a threshold to either avoid accidental taps or to trigger mouseover event needed to open some dropdown menus. Something is definitely needed for the latter on some sites. Now you can imitate mouseover by tapping a link in the overview mode (something considered by many as a bug). Doesn't seem to work here.

w04g005

Oct 18, 2006
Munich
Zooming with scroll wheel is not working on my polaris. Same as in all previus releases! Or do i have to change some reg-keys?

Last edited:

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
opera is really starting to P me off..

why are newer builds so much more jumpy? why does the screen not move with you when you type?

the first issue makes it a b**** to surf the internet cuz the screen wont move where you want it to move until the page has completely loaded which takes kind of a while after enough of it has loaded for you to want to pan!

come on opera! starting to wonder what they are focusing on...
really hope they bring back features that made this browser so easy to use from earlier builds..

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
opera is really starting to P me off..

why are newer builds so much more jumpy? why does the screen not move with you when you type?

the first issue makes it a b**** to surf the internet cuz the screen wont move where you want it to move until the page has completely loaded which takes kind of a while after enough of it has loaded for you to want to pan!

come on opera! starting to wonder what they are focusing on...
really hope they bring back features that made this browser so easy to use from earlier builds..

I hear you on that. but usually I I can scroll and pan once the page is over 50% loaded.

keep in mind that this is not an easy job they're doing, and it's still in beta. when they implement new things in the CSS engine of course it's gonna break something, so they have to see what is broken then go over it and try to fix it. the 2808 build was loaded with CSS issues but this build seems to scour most of them away.
the reason why the page is jumping all over the place when you try to move it before the page is loaded is because opera is still interpreting the page.
I have no gripes with that,just let the page load over 50% or so before you try to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page :). also try enabling smooth scrolling.