[SOLVED] Error 20091 UBL Solution,confirmed work on Mi 5 Mi 5s

Search This thread

SH1M4BD3

Unable to unlock UBL its nearly 6months, i've wait and doing alot of search and trials..and still nothing?!!!
Edit#

See newer post hope you can also fix the problems, thanks a TON for our Rusians community 4Pda..
The problems solved, nom i'm abble to unlock my devices (Mi 5s). gor everyone bought the secondhand units, beware this problems might comes to you.
and this method may also posible to work on any Xiaomi devices, please report if this method works on any other devices,so it can help more people with the same problems.

*What i've done on my capricorn, loging out the MID,enabling oem-unlock before flash.
1. latest global developer fastboot rom.
2.extract the rom.
Browse and find the "rawprogram.xml"
Use notepad++ to editing the line add "persist.img" on the line.. check the sparse value check it's set as true.

3. Use miflash to flash the rom,enter edl mode with testpoint ...wait till flashing done ..settup the phone (don't know if its the matter, i finished the settup without sim, use wi-fi)
Signing in enabling developer mode and miunlock status bind the account and done, just wait some times to get approved.

Last edited:

vipul koserwal

Feb 13, 2017
I'm also facing this problem in adding account to bootloader status page , says :- can't add ,error code 20091

werty06

Feb 7, 2010
helped me. before that I tried many ways that did not work on my mi 5. at the time of unlocking the phone through the test point mode, the firmware was downgraded from miui 10 to miui 8. (which did not help) then I left the account and requested persist.img. after which the phone immediately became attached to the account, and later the miUnlock program was unlocked immediately (without waiting, the account I had since the first versions of miui)

SH1M4BD3

helped me. before that I tried many ways that did not work on my mi 5. at the time of unlocking the phone through the test point mode, the firmware was downgraded from miui 10 to miui 8. (which did not help) then I left the account and requested persist.img. after which the phone immediately became attached to the account, and later the miUnlock program was unlocked immediately (without waiting, the account I had since the first versions of miui)
share me the link pls

SH1M4BD3

Hey, how about "flash xbl error"
Which specific devices??
This what i've done on my capricorn, loging out the mid,enabling oem-unlock before flash.
Download latest global developer fastboot rom,extract the rom.
Browse and find the rawprogram.xml
Use notepad++ to editing the line "adding persist.img on the line.. check the sparse valeu make it sure its true.
Use miflash to flash the rom,enterk gedl mode with testpoint ...wait till flashing done ..settup the phone (don't know if its the matter, i finished the settup without sim, use wi-fi)
Signing in enabling developer mode and miunlock status bind the account and done

By Tũn

Dec 19, 2017
Which specific devices??
This what i've done on my capricorn, loging out the mid,enabling oem-unlock before flash.
Download latest global developer fastboot rom,extract the rom.
Browse and find the rawprogram.xml
Use notepad++ to editing the line "adding persist.img on the line.. check the sparse valeu make it sure its true.
Use miflash to flash the rom,enterk gedl mode with testpoint ...wait till flashing done ..settup the phone (don't know if its the matter, i finished the settup without sim, use wi-fi)
Signing in enabling developer mode and miunlock status bind the account and done

My device is mi5s ( locked bootloader )
I also edited the persist file in rawprogram.xml but when flash by miflash it shows "flash xbl error", i am using ROM GLOBAL STABLE MIUI 9.6
thank you

SH1M4BD3

Can you tell me ewhich mi-flash version you're used?? An d to maje it simple please download the developer version use the latest one 8.10.11
And about mi flash i used the Beta one don't know excatly which version as i aready downloaded and install it about 5-7monts back from now.
And the attached xml file of mine.
You can just copy it inside the extracted fastboot rom,and makesure to replace the files

Attachments

• rawprogram0.xml
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,166

By Tũn

Dec 19, 2017
Can you tell me ewhich mi-flash version you're used?? An d to maje it simple please download the developer version use the latest one 8.10.11
And about mi flash i used the Beta one don't know excatly which version as i aready downloaded and install it about 5-7monts back from now.
And the attached xml file of mine.
You can just copy it inside the extracted fastboot rom,and makesure to replace the files

i use miflash newest.... but you are using global beta 8.10.11 ??? and you check testpoint to edl mode then miflash ?

By Tũn

Dec 19, 2017
Yup i use miui 10 8.10.11, yess just use your own miflash version,let see if its work, yes you need to open the backdoor just see on youtube and hit the test point to entering edl mode sir, hope you luck..

Oke i will try you can sent me your facebook ??? i want to learn and ask something about mi5s .... tks

SH1M4BD3

See successfuly unlocked,and flashed LOS about a week now. and i've sold my beryllium and back grabb my old capeicorn, thanks for such a great help here..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181020-012737_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181020-012737_Settings.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,835

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unable to unlock UBL its nearly 6months, i've wait and doing alot of search and trials..and still nothing?!!!
    Edit#

See newer post hope you can also fix the problems, thanks a TON for our Rusians community 4Pda..
    The problems solved, nom i'm abble to unlock my devices (Mi 5s). gor everyone bought the secondhand units, beware this problems might comes to you.
    and this method may also posible to work on any Xiaomi devices, please report if this method works on any other devices,so it can help more people with the same problems.

*What i've done on my capricorn, loging out the MID,enabling oem-unlock before flash.
    1. latest global developer fastboot rom.
    2.extract the rom.
    Browse and find the "rawprogram.xml"
    Use notepad++ to editing the line add "persist.img" on the line.. check the sparse value check it's set as true.

3. Use miflash to flash the rom,enter edl mode with testpoint ...wait till flashing done ..settup the phone (don't know if its the matter, i finished the settup without sim, use wi-fi)
    Signing in enabling developer mode and miunlock status bind the account and done, just wait some times to get approved.
    Try to refresh persist.img through MiFlash, I did it. I made a short instruction in the Russian forum, but I do not have the opportunity to insert a link here.
    Is this the link? https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=721838&st=27140#entry77015183
    Try to refresh persist.img through MiFlash, I did it. I made a short instruction in the Russian forum, but I do not have the opportunity to insert a link here.
    and that solving the issue in this cases?
    SOlVED use the Translation to read the given page above,Tested,Binding MID success..Thanks guys rally love you all of you, now i have to wait 72H to unlock will give it update when its done..one again Thankyou
    New number as i remember my MID won't bind and ask use another number, causes too muh device linked to my number.
    Step after flashing done,
    My step you could use another ways and see if yours also working.. i set the device without use any sim,till reach the home screen, tap on setting signing in your Mid tap miui ver to activate developer mode, and try bind without sim, it didn't work and ask to put the sim card and put it on and try to bind again..