[MOD] boot animations for note ii - UPDATED

Search This thread

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
Well, I'm no graphics design artist, but I did make a new boot animation for my Note II. Not sure how to export it as a gif, but here's the video that it's from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8&t=0m27s

It'll definately put you into a good mood every time you restart your phone! :laugh:

PS: Created in Boot Animation Factory, flashed via Rom Toolbox.

ok, make a boot ani from gif 101
get gif cutter.exe for windows
open giff and cut.
now get photoshop and resize each img to 720x1280 and save as a png
now put all that in folder called part0
now pull a desc.txt from another boot ani and repace the first two values with 720 and 1280
put all that in a folder called bootanimation [bootanimation/part0 &desc.txt]
now get winrar
now open bootanimation folder and select both desc.txt and part0
rightclick
add to archive
choose zip and store only
put that zip in system/media after following the op instructions for file renaming [if on saber kernel you do not need to rename, but perseous and bullet kernels you must rename]

reboot

as a caution before you replace bootanimation with an untested one, makr a backup [if the boot dosent load you must restore cuz it wont kick to your lock screen]

if you do all this and no luck. let me know and i will try, but you try forst and see if you get this to work.

as for led colors there are apps on this forum and in play store to solve this. happy hunting.

just search for "led color" or "led notifacation" in play store

Sent from my SGH-T889

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
as a side note, when resizing. use a combonation of img resize and canves resize to get the best img you can out of a vastly diffrent sized gif.

bmp will work but is huge
jpeg will work but is finiky [use quality 10]
png is the best
there is an img resize script in photoshop bit it is also finiky.

Sent from my SGH-T889

thaprinze

Mar 1, 2008
to carlton poster. are you wanting this ported to note ii?

Sent from my SGH-T889

Sorry guys, I posted that a while ago and lost track of the topic. No, the boot animation is done and scaled for the note II (horizontally). I, personally, love it. It never gets old and everyone gets a laugh out of it. I just hadn't made it into a gif to show as a preview, so I uploaded the youtube clip instead. I'll try to upload a gif soon. :p

dobosininja

Apr 2, 2011
I recently tried to get this working on my verizon Note 2, but after about an hour of trying I gave up on the method listed here. I returned everything back to stock, but I forgot to remove the bootanimation.zip from the system/media folder, but when I rebooted the phone the boot animation worked. I tried with a different boot animation through rom toolbox and it worked as well. The mario one still doesn't work for some reason, but the marvel and Jurassic park one do.

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
mario worked for me
the method listed os for the tmo note ii
idk if your file system is diffrent due to carrier boot ani diffrences.

Sent from my SGH-T889

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
to make a gif, use rom toolbox
long press the bootani file [slide left from the boot ani server list] and find it. in long press [or short press] menu there will be a make gif option

Sent from my SGH-T889

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
ive heard reports of it not running but when i tested it on jedix8 with bullet kernel it ran fine.

testers?

post kernel
and rom build
version of rom
and version of android

please and thankyou

make backups post mod of boot

Sent from my SGH-T889

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
Confirmed this does not work. Synergy ROM with Perseus Kernel. Get the Splash screen and then black screen before the home screen appears

Vishesh Goel

Nov 1, 2012
Please help

First of all I would like to thank you for the wonderful work you have did for the Samsung community to get them rid of the pathetic boot logo and it seems to be working for all note 2 users... But I have not been able to make it work.. Using note 2 gt-n7100....android revolution hd.... These are the steps I followed:-

1) delete the two. qmg files
2) delete samsungani
3) rename bootanimation to samsungani
4) open rom toolbox and download custom boot animation and change res. to 720x1280, fps to 30
5) install

Rebooting the device makes the screen black and although I can hear the lock screen effects but not anything else.. Please help... I am a total noob

kalyanamitras

Nov 11, 2012
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II boot animations

I have followed these instructions to the letter using ROM toolbox (paid version) I found a star trek boot ani, Installed it from ROM toolbox and followed the instructions provided. When I restart my Note I get the Galaxy Note 2 logo, the boot sounds, but no animation. I know the Star Trek bootani is in a zip folder and if I go inside that folder there are two folders and a desc file The folders are labelled part 0 Part1. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance:laugh:

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
I have followed these instructions to the letter using ROM toolbox (paid version) I found a star trek boot ani, Installed it from ROM toolbox and followed the instructions provided. When I restart my Note I get the Galaxy Note 2 logo, the boot sounds, but no animation. I know the Star Trek bootani is in a zip folder and if I go inside that folder there are two folders and a desc file The folders are labelled part 0 Part1. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance:laugh:

Are yourbimgs the right size?
Depending on the img format you cannot just change the size in the desc file.

I thibk png is scalable but jpef and bmp are not and png with transparencies are not. You haft to change the size one by one.

Screen rrsolution should be somewhere in this post, I dont remember off hand [or just give it a google]

Makes sure also your not using a cwm install zip and just the boot animation zip

Makrs sure your siping under store obly setting NO COMPRESSION.

Win rar dose this and its straight forward.

If you try all this with no luck let me know.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use rom toolbox to install or rename to bootanimation.zip and place in system/media using root explorer

Note rom toolbox defaults to data/local
    This directory will work too but if u cwm flash another boot ani later, it will not take, data/local has priority, so change it in rom toolbox or pull the bootanimation out of the cwm zip [zip within a zip]

You must also
    Navigate to system/media
    Delete or rename bootsamsungloop.qmg and bootsamsung.qmg
    Navigate to system/bin
    Delete or rename samsungani
    Rename bootanimation to samsungani

Update, the previous segment dose not need to be done in most if not all roms for this device now.

Update, That also means that the following will not restore stock boot animation if that is the case.

Now if you want to revert back to stock
    Rename samsungani to bootanimation
    Take _bk off the ends of the three other files.
    If you deleated the files see the links at the bottem of the post.

To add stock shutdown to a rom rename bootsamsung.qmg to shutdown.qmg and place in system/media/video

You may haft to make the folder called video

IMPORTANT NOTE: TO DO BOOT ANIMATION MODS NO CHANGE OF PERMISSIONS IS NECESARY

If I helped you find a boot animation u like, please hit that thanks button

Update, spinning mario not working.
    androidarea51spinning_320x480zip_zpsb7db0192.gif

DOWNLOAD

tumber_zpse58f8c6b.gif

DOWNLOAD

FightClubPunchingYourself_zpscb4b415b.gif

DOWNLOAD

8-bit_3d_mario_zpsea9f588e.gif

DOWNLOAD this has been fixed

soundwave_zps34befb0a.gif

DOWNLOAD

tesseract_zpse3a6e919.gif

this preview is a little off from the real boot ani
    DOWNLOAD

Further note, you can resize any png img boot ani using desc
    If the imgs r jpeg you must convert them to ping then edit the desc, or resize every img if that did not work.
    Imgs with transparancys MUST BE RESIZED
    Change first two values in desc to 720 1280
    Zip part0 and other parts n desc.txt to root of zip, using winrar and make sure its a .zip and your just storing, no compression
    DO NOT ZIP THE PARENT DIRECTORY
    THAT IS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT
    ONLY ZIP THE FOLDERS PART0 ECT AND DESC.TXT TO THE ROOT OF THE ZIP

Files to revert to stock

These two files go in system/media
    Bootsamsung.qmg.qmg
    http://db.tt/Y0q8nWft
    Bootsamsungloop.qmg
    http://db.tt/SWW8IrKP
    These two files go in system/bin
    Bootanimation
    http://db.tt/soJp0Mb5
    Samsungani
    http://db.tt/8RPQ9d6F

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, I'm no graphics design artist, but I did make a new boot animation for my Note II. Not sure how to export it as a gif, but here's the video that it's from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8&t=0m27s

It'll definately put you into a good mood every time you restart your phone! :laugh:

PS: Created in Boot Animation Factory, flashed via Rom Toolbox.

ok, make a boot ani from gif 101
    get gif cutter.exe for windows
    open giff and cut.
    now get photoshop and resize each img to 720x1280 and save as a png
    now put all that in folder called part0
    now pull a desc.txt from another boot ani and repace the first two values with 720 and 1280
    put all that in a folder called bootanimation [bootanimation/part0 &desc.txt]
    now get winrar
    now open bootanimation folder and select both desc.txt and part0
    rightclick
    add to archive
    choose zip and store only
    put that zip in system/media after following the op instructions for file renaming [if on saber kernel you do not need to rename, but perseous and bullet kernels you must rename]

reboot

as a caution before you replace bootanimation with an untested one, makr a backup [if the boot dosent load you must restore cuz it wont kick to your lock screen]

if you do all this and no luck. let me know and i will try, but you try forst and see if you get this to work.

as for led colors there are apps on this forum and in play store to solve this. happy hunting.

just search for "led color" or "led notifacation" in play store

Sent from my SGH-T889
    First. Did u change the names or deleate the files in the op?
    Boitanimation must be renamed samsungani in those directions but u can delet the rest
    To disable sound for poweron/poweroff you need to look in system/media.
    To disable shudown thats in media/video

Names are what they do

Now your boot

Put it on ur computer
    Unzip it
    Check to make sure the imgs are 720x1280, if they are not you MUST change them to this.
    Then change the first two values in the desc txt to 720 1280
    Then select the part folder and desc.txt and right click and add to archive [I use winrar.
    Then at that screen choose zip, choose store only under compression.

[Note png files that have no transparancys you may he able to just change the desc file size notes, key word may; jpg you MUST RESIZE EVERY IMG]

Now drop that into system/media

Go check data/local

Make sure theres not a boot ani their [or u can use this location too, it will work]

And presto your boot animation should work

If u do all of this and still have problems, pm me. Because these are the steps I take for all my boot animations and mine 99% work on various devices [8bit mario gave me some trouble <transparancys>]

I hope this clears up some problems for you do it yourselfer boot ani lovers

Ohh side note

Gif splitter

Reaize imgs n save as jpeg or png
    Write a desc.txt or copy n mod one and presto, a boot animation for you

Sent from my SGH-T889
    Screenshots please! :p
    And would this work on the Samsung version of Note 2? :p Not sure how the naming goes!
    to carlton poster. are you wanting this ported to note ii?

Sent from my SGH-T889