What the heck happened? Sprint Apps and Icons back

Search This thread

howie411

Jun 23, 2011
So I picked up my phone today and it looks like some how Sprint took it over. All my set icons I had on my screens are missing. Sprint Zone, Next Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Sprint TV are all showing up now. Also they also all showing up on my list of apps, the odd thing is they are all at the bottom in Custom Mode (which happens obviously when you add a new app to your phone.

rellimdekim

Jul 5, 2008
So I picked up my phone today and it looks like some how Sprint took it over. All my set icons I had on my screens are missing. Sprint Zone, Next Radio, Sprint Music Plus and Sprint TV are all showing up now. Also they also all showing up on my list of apps, the odd thing is they are all at the bottom in Custom Mode (which happens obviously when you add a new app to your phone.

This happened to me too! Same exact thing! Also all the hidden apps I had in my drawer were showing, and it had reinstalled lookout security and kids mode and the rest of the Sprint bloat. Glad I want the only one that had this happen... Easily fixed but very strange!

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
seems there is alot of info missing... why was it with sprint? what were they supposed to do? were the rest of your apps still on your phone?

rellimdekim

Jul 5, 2008
seems there is alot of info missing... why was it with sprint? what were they supposed to do? were the rest of your apps still on your phone?

Yeh nothing else changed. All apps stayed on phone all preferences remained the same. Only thing affected was the home screen and all drawer. Even changed the number of home screens. All I saw before it happened was a overlay with Sprint badging saying update done then boom it was all changed.. don't notice any different sw versions or anything, and no tale tale signs of updated Sprint apps from the play store.. Had to be a push from Sprint.

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008
Yeh nothing else changed. All apps stayed on phone all preferences remained the same. Only thing affected was the home screen and all drawer. Even changed the number of home screens. All I saw before it happened was a overlay with Sprint badging saying update done then boom it was all changed.. don't notice any different sw versions or anything, and no tale tale signs of updated Sprint apps from the play store.. Had to be a push from Sprint.

It's just sprint installer I think. It keeps doing that. If I reset/power off my phone, it'll start to do that, because I manually uninstalled all of their apps. After the kk it seems to stopped or slowed down somehow. I rooted my phone recently and used titium backup to removed the sprint apps, although they are still in the ROM, seems to me they are no longer running. before rooting, I had been stopping and disabling as I could. If I failed, it'll wipe out my launcher screen.

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
It's just sprint installer I think. It keeps doing that. If I reset/power off my phone, it'll start to do that, because I manually uninstalled all of their apps. After the kk it seems to stopped or slowed down somehow. I rooted my phone recently and used titium backup to removed the sprint apps, although they are still in the ROM, seems to me they are no longer running. before rooting, I had been stopping and disabling as I could. If I failed, it'll wipe out my launcher screen.

Try disabling the SprintID app. I removed it completely and never had that happen.

Sent From My HTC One!

Last edited:

weidnerj

May 24, 2010
carp! The same thing happened to my phone and I decided to restore from backup. Don't know why they messed with it. It messed with my custom layout...

spacious

Jun 16, 2008
Now this has also happened to me, although it seems to have happened in two parts. First I opened my phone to see some sort of Sprint updater message, and Lookout as well as a few Sprint apps were installed. I uninstalled them, and went to sleep. When I woke up they were reinstalled and my home screen was rearranged and there was also a new Sprint Discovery widget.
I saw this thread last night, before it happened, or I probably would have freaked the F out.
Just to be clear - What process is doing this as I would like to disable it? Is it the Sprint Installer, or the Sprint ID? Do we even know for sure? It's wicked annoying. Auto installing apps is one thing, but they should not have the ability to change my home screen setup.

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Now this has also happened to me, although it seems to have happened in two parts. First I opened my phone to see some sort of Sprint updater message, and Lookout as well as a few Sprint apps were installed. I uninstalled them, and went to sleep. When I woke up they were reinstalled and my home screen was rearranged and there was also a new Sprint Discovery widget.
I saw this thread last night, before it happened, or I probably would have freaked the F out.
Just to be clear - What process is doing this as I would like to disable it? Is it the Sprint Installer, or the Sprint ID? Do we even know for sure? It's wicked annoying. Auto installing apps is one thing, but they should not have the ability to change my home screen setup.

disable SprintID

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008

There are four major Sprint related programs, and that visual voice mail, (at least that's all what I know of)
1. Sprint ID
2. Sprint Installer
3. Sprint Worldwide
4. Sprint Zone

While sprint installer and sprint worldwide can be disabled by going Settings/apps/All, and click and select disable, the other two can't be disabled, can only be force stop, also true is the visual voice mail. These three will start again in the running. I had been periodically clearing the cache and data on those apps and force stop. After root, I used the titanium backup to take them out of flash, I guess, they are still there in All, but not running anymore. But once I reset the phone, they will be back immediately.

mcerk02

Jan 21, 2011
Slatington, PA

sprint has some kind of updater app that comes with all they;re phones now I think,,,,remove it, or just install a custom rom with all that crap removed....

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
telling you, just disable/uninstall/remove SprintID.apk and it won't do that again. (Root needed to remove it.) Mine however did allow me to disable ID.

nohamSam

Oct 26, 2013
Fort Smith
telling you, just disable/uninstall/remove SprintID.apk and it won't do that again. (Root needed to remove it.) Mine however did allow me to disable ID.

My phone is rooted.
I have uninstalled SprintID.apk and it just comes back after reboot.
Same thing with disabling it, it enables itself after reboot and still does hands-free activation.
What is causing this?
This is the reason I rooted my phone to get rid of this HFA since I don't use Sprint service.