No Charging/USB connection, or pogo.

Search This thread

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
Hey guys, I am having an issue with my one X+, I can't charge it, I have tried through USB and through the POGO pins, it won't seem to charge.

As far as the pogo pin charging, will it show a charge light?

The device also won't connect to USB on the PC. I haven't tried in fastboot, but it won't work while on.

I still have some battery life left, about 12%, but that's about it.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix or possible issue this could be.

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
It should always light red when charging, also when connected by pogo. Here's the proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsXu7IQomo
Skip to 4:20. The red light is barely visible (because it's small, shame you HTC!), but when the reviewer waves his hand it becomes slightly visible.

What happened with your phone? Had your phone contact with water?

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
It should always light red when charging, also when connected by pogo. Here's the proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsXu7IQomo
Skip to 4:20. The red light is barely visible (because it's small, shame you HTC!), but when the reviewer waves his hand it becomes slightly visible.

What happened with your phone? Had your phone contact with water?

No water damage on it, I purchased it as is, it boots and seems fine, it was charging for maybe 20 minutes before I factory reset it, after that is when it stopped seeming to charge.

As far as the HTC cable, I have not, I have one here at work I am going to take to try.

Last edited:

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
Ok, so update on the Situation, I used the HTC cable, No change, no charging light, no fastboot to PC. PC doesn't detect device.

Update: I tested with a micrometer, when USB is plugged in, it sends 5v to the battery as it should, could it be a software issue that it's not charging?

Also, if the battery is the issue, would it allow USB connection when it's booted? If it is damaged, would it even show a charge light?

Last edited:

Silentwidow

Apr 24, 2013
Kannapolis
If anyone can, and maybe has time, and patience, I would very much like to know the voltages on the battery slot on the motherboard when USB is plugged in, I seem to get around 4.5-5v, but I get that on each of the 5 prongs.