[Q] Cannot update CM11 nightly anymore because I get fault messing’s.

Search This thread

Scenic-3

Oct 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A51
Hello, first I like to say “what a great job you have donned with creating this rom for the Galaxy S I9000”.
I’m updating my phone with every nightly that is coming out, bud after the “cm-11-20140118-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd” with every update I get a popup on my screen that the Google keyboard has stopped, also the back key doesn’t work anymore.
When I want to restore a backup with rom manager then the program will not open so I do this with the 3 buttons and put the backup on the phone and it works again.
Is there something that I do wrong ore what do I missing here?
Please advise what I can do so I can use the newest version of this rom, because I think it’s getting better and better with every update.
Thanks for the efforts you put in this project. :good:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Hello, first I like to say “what a great job you have donned with creating this rom for the Galaxy S I9000”.
I’m updating my phone with every nightly that is coming out, bud after the “cm-11-20140118-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd” with every update I get a popup on my screen that the Google keyboard has stopped, also the back key doesn’t work anymore.
When I want to restore a backup with rom manager then the program will not open so I do this with the 3 buttons and put the backup on the phone and it works again.
Please advise what I can do so I can use the newest version of this rom, because I think it’s getting better and better with every update.
go here [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S & S Plus [i9000][i9001 look at the FAQ and tutorial on how to flash an also solve problems

Scenic-3

Oct 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A51

Today I did the update to CM20140125 and still have the same issue.
Now I have made a logcat on this update, maybe someone can see what is going wrong.

Thanks for any help. :good:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Now I have made a logcat on this update, maybe someone can see what is going wrong.

Forwarded your post in CM thread for @pawitp here
Its also best to understand his requirements for submitting issues as given by him like this in CM thread

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
ART Runtime:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok

Get the output of "df" command. I suspect your /system partition is full (maybe due to third party mods you've installed to your /system partition). You should format /system, install CM, install gapps and avoid installing any other large mods.

absinth80

Jan 27, 2014
Same problem

Hi,

I have exactly same problem with last 2 nightlies builds (cm-11-20140126-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip & also cm-11-20140127-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip). before update to nightly 26 I'm not sure but I think I had 20140124 and keyboard was working well. Now I can't write anything and also volume, menu and back button are not working. Only Main and power buttons works :)

If I should post some log please let me know also how to generate it because I'm new here. I checked if I had full storage but I have 390MB free on internal storage and 2.54GB free on SD card.

Maybe another question: is there any (safe) way to downgrade to previous nitghtly builds? But I'm aware that this is something else while first post is for 20140118 and keyboard worked for me on that build. So I think it is not dependent from version of nitghly build.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

shubhkirtisharma

Sep 1, 2012
Chandigarh
OnePlus 6
Hi,

I have exactly same problem with last 2 nightlies builds (cm-11-20140126-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip & also cm-11-20140127-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip). before update to nightly 26 I'm not sure but I think I had 20140124 and keyboard was working well. Now I can't write anything and also volume, menu and back button are not working. Only Main and power buttons works :)

If I should post some log please let me know also how to generate it because I'm new here. I checked if I had full storage but I have 390MB free on internal storage and 2.54GB free on SD card.

Maybe another question: is there any (safe) way to downgrade to previous nitghtly builds? But I'm aware that this is something else while first post is for 20140118 and keyboard worked for me on that build. So I think it is not dependent from version of nitghly build.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

As long as you have the latest CWM required for cm11 nightlies you can flash any cm11 based rom but make sure you make a complete wipe and also recommend you to format your /system since you were having trouble with Google Keyboard

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Scenic-3

Oct 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A51
Get the output of "df" command. I suspect your /system partition is full (maybe due to third party mods you've installed to your /system partition). You should format /system, install CM, install gapps and avoid installing any other large mods.

Hello Pawitp.
I did what you suggested and it works well again, thanks for the tip.

Best regards.:laugh:

absinth80

Jan 27, 2014
As long as you have the latest CWM required for cm11 nightlies you can flash any cm11 based rom but make sure you make a complete wipe and also recommend you to format your /system since you were having trouble with Google Keyboard

Hi TeKnoGin,

thanks for your suggestions. With wipe and install ma previous backup, keyboard worked again. Also after update to last CM nightly everything is working now.

Thanks guys :) It was strange error.

Reactions: shubhkirtisharma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi TeKnoGin,

thanks for your suggestions. With wipe and install ma previous backup, keyboard worked again. Also after update to last CM nightly everything is working now.

Thanks guys :) It was strange error.