How's the official Nexus wireless charger?

Search This thread

lsquare

Aug 30, 2010
I want to ask is how's the official Nexus wireless charger? Does it keep the phone charged up at 100% even after it's fully charged? Is the Play Store the only place to buy the wireless charger? Any negatives about the wireless charger that I should know about?

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Perfecto, I love it.:good:

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I want to ask is how's the official Nexus wireless charger? Does it keep the phone charged up at 100% even after it's fully charged? Is the Play Store the only place to buy the wireless charger? Any negatives about the wireless charger that I should know about?

From what I know, Yes the wireless charger does keep it charged at 100% even after it being fully charged. I've searched other places for this specific charger and couldn't find it elsewhere other than the play store. no negatives about the charger here. Trust me you get what you paid for ;)

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach

It's good imo. Yes it does, none of that discharge, charge again crap. I got my charger from amazon. I wouldn't say it's a huge negative per say, but on mine the glass isn't fully flush (and I mean you would not notice unless you put it to your eye and REALLY look). But still works fine so meh.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
I got the official nexus charger and official nexus 5 case from google. Works great. Stays fully charged and its great when going to bed and just setting my phone on the nightstand to charge. Less chance for damaging micro usb also. The wireless charger and unlocked boot loader were what made me make the switch from my s4.

thfreedumb

Aug 27, 2012

UnicOrnseeD

Oct 6, 2012
I just got mine last week. I swear by it now. Its more practical than it seems at first. Very happy with it. Although, I think the nexus 6 should come with one for free.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

raptir

May 4, 2010
My only complaint about it is that it can be tough to get the device lined up to charge if you have a case on the phone. Without a case it lines up pretty easily because of the magnets, but with a case on (even a thin TPU case) you have to make sure you're positioning it correctly because the magnets barely grab it.

seeeb

Mar 23, 2014
it even works with my cruzerlite bumper.

this even has the advantage, that the magnetic effect isnt that strong so that it doesnt always almost rip off the charger of my desk ;)

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Love mine. I barely use the stock charger anymore. It's so easy to grab the phone on the go especially for a phone call.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Mine works great. It keeps the 100% charge, no problem. You can get them from Amazon too, that's where I got mine. Mine is also mounted vertically on the side of my nightstand and has stayed in place perfectly now for about a month. Honestly, when I tug at the charger plate, I don't think it'll be easy to remove...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app