[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ryanlimdx

Jan 19, 2016
Yo I appreciate the hard work! However, the theme seems to be better designed previously. For example, the "share" page is not themed, and there are now list dividers in the homepage, along with the video page. Since I can't describe it well, I've attached screen shots! (of the previous app) Sorry if I'm a bit nitpicky. It's alright if there's no time to do these developments!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180305-222446.jpg
    Screenshot_20180305-222446.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Screenshot_20180305-222430.jpg
    Screenshot_20180305-222430.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 1,061

Habibmustafa

Feb 22, 2018
Great work, team Vanced. Just wanted to report that while black theme is enabled, the comment input field is off-white background on white text. Making it hard to see what it being typed. Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

Sharfuddin Ahmed

Aug 16, 2017
My earphone buttons are not working (volume up and down works but not the pause/resume).... Anyone else facing the same issue? It was working fine in the previous version. :confused:
Logs attached.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Attachments

• 2018-03-05_20.41.zip
    211.2 KB · Views: 36

Razerman

Jun 30, 2012
Great work guys!
Only thing I wanted to ask is, can the classic light version have the regular splash screen?
I mean, the regular youtube icon and the white background? At least the white background :)

No, because the runtime theme doesn't support it yet. The whole theme is built upon the unfinished theme currently being developed by Google. I've done the best I can to fix the unfinished parts but there are parts which would require code changes which are quite hard to do without the source code. Let's just wait for the future updates and see what can be done. For the time being there is a compromise to make, either keep it suitable for white or dark/black theme. I think it's better to make it black as then the only inconvenience is the "ugly" look of a window that is there for a second. While the white background wouldn't be nice to your eyes when you boot up YouTube in dark environment and it lights the whole room.

However, the theme seems to be better designed previously. For example, the "share" page is not themed, and there are now list dividers in the homepage, along with the video page.

As replied to above quote, the theme is not built the same as before. I can change the share page background but couldn't figure out a way to change the text so it would be either white text on white background or black text on black background so not really ideal to do changes at all. What's wrong with the dividers? They are there for a reason.

I have white background in share window. How to change to black? Generally YouTube is black.

Read the first post as you should always do before posting, thank you.

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
I have white background in share window. How to change to black? Generally YouTube is black.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 Tapatalk
Known bugs:
[*] What bugs? Never heard of them. :D
[*] Preferred quality and Preferred speed not working for playlists (Trying to find a better hook).
[*] Share window, Accounts dialog and Live chat are not themed (Will be fixed in the future updates).

It's right there in op. Read people, read.

Reactions: sjamie

Zgadnijcie

Mar 6, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Known bugs:
[*] What bugs? Never heard of them. :D
[*] Preferred quality and Preferred speed not working for playlists (Trying to find a better hook).
[*] Share window, Accounts dialog and Live chat are not themed (Will be fixed in the future updates).

It's right there in op. Read people, read.
Sorry, in post above my, user has black share window and it confused me. I thought something is wrong on my phone.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 Tapatalk

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
hello.suddenly I cant open youtube both on my phone and tablet!!!!here is the f.close log.
it doesn't work even after clean install!!!

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class android.support.design.widget.FloatingActionButton
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:539)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.invokeOriginalMethodNative(Native Method)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:334)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate()
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:423)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.invokeOriginalMethodNative(Native Method)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.handleHookedMethod(XposedBridge.java:334)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate()
at com.google.android.apps.youtube.app.common.ui.bottomui.BottomUiContainer.a(SourceFile:17)
at dfq.a(SourceFile:83)
at dfq.a(SourceFile:67)
at eos.a(SourceFile:40)
at eoc.b(SourceFile:290)
at eod.a(Unknown Source)
at fis.a(SourceFile:42)
at euw.a(SourceFile:21)
at eoc.a(SourceFile:5)
at eob.a(SourceFile:5)
at eob.onResponse(SourceFile:28)
at uhv.onResponse(SourceFile:10)
at ugv.a(SourceFile:137)
at ugv.a(SourceFile:244)
at sfg.run(SourceFile:6)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:234)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5526)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:102)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #6: Error inflating class android.support.design.widget.FloatingActionButton
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:645)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:764)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:704)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:835)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflateChildren(LayoutInflater.java:798)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:515)
... 30 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:619)
... 35 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.graphics.drawable.Drawable android.graphics.drawable.Drawable$ConstantState.newDrawable()' on a null object reference
at android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable$ChildDrawable.(LayerDrawable.java:1723)
at android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable$LayerState.(LayerDrawable.java:1792)
at android.graphics.drawable.RippleDrawable$RippleState.(RippleDrawable.java:998)
at android.graphics.drawable.RippleDrawable.createConstantState(RippleDrawable.java:989)
at android.graphics.drawable.RippleDrawable.createConstantState(RippleDrawable.java:96)
at android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable.mutate(LayerDrawable.java:1652)
at android.graphics.drawable.RippleDrawable.mutate(RippleDrawable.java:975)
at android.view.View.applyBackgroundTint(View.java:17505)
at android.view.View.setBackgroundDrawable(View.java:17381)
at android.support.design.widget.FloatingActionButton.a(SourceFile:278)
at ft.a(SourceFile:15)
at ge.a(SourceFile:17)
at android.support.design.widget.FloatingActionButton.(SourceFile:37)
at android.support.design.widget.FloatingActionButton.(SourceFile:3)
... 37 more
I see Xposed in your log I ignore. Don't use modules on top of this mod such as YouTube adaway and expect everything to work fine thanks.

downloaderfan

Apr 28, 2014
Can we please get horizontal swipe to seek & vertical swipe to change volume? It's the feature still keeping me on OGYouTube. There is an xposed module to get this functionality but it 1) Breaks safetynet 2) Doesn't work on non root version due to different package name.

krule031

No, because the runtime theme doesn't support it yet. The whole theme is built upon the unfinished theme currently being developed by Google. I've done the best I can to fix the unfinished parts but there are parts which would require code changes which are quite hard to do without the source code. Let's just wait for the future updates and see what can be done. For the time being there is a compromise to make, either keep it suitable for white or dark/black theme. I think it's better to make it black as then the only inconvenience is the "ugly" look of a window that is there for a second. While the white background wouldn't be nice to your eyes when you boot up YouTube in dark environment and it lights the whole room.

As replied to above quote, the theme is not built the same as before. I can change the share page background but couldn't figure out a way to change the text so it would be either white text on white background or black text on black background so not really ideal to do changes at all. What's wrong with the dividers? They are there for a reason.

Read the first post as you should always do before posting, thank you.

Thanks for the great explanation. :)

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Can we please get horizontal swipe to seek & vertical swipe to change volume? It's the feature still keeping me on OGYouTube. There is an xposed module to get this functionality but it 1) Breaks safetynet 2) Doesn't work on non root version due to different package name.
The Xposed mod works great on the root version fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)