[4.4.x][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES][UNIFIED][jflte] Omni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
Anyone not able to use open delta to update ? Mine isn't seeing the latest build for some reason. Suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Anyone not able to use open delta to update ? Mine isn't seeing the latest build for some reason. Suggestions?

I may be mistaken but I believe this has been answered here. I know for a fact it has been answered throughout XDA and G+. Google is your friend :good:

(Check my LG G2 thread, pretty sure it was answered there)

Basic flip cover support will be in next nightly.close cover turns screen off, open cover turns screen on. More implementation soon for s view stuff

Last edited:

Mine hasn't detected any of the nightlies for a few days either so I downloaded the full file and flashed it. It looks like it included a new kernel too. I am not sure if that's what caused it to not auto update. Jake I searched XDA and couldn't find any recent threads about Open Delta not updating. I'm not saying they aren't there just that they didn't immediately jump out at me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

keenblade

Feb 28, 2010
Mine hasn't detected any of the nightlies for a few days either so I downloaded the full file and flashed it. It looks like it included a new kernel too. I am not sure if that's what caused it to not auto update. Jake I searched XDA and couldn't find any recent threads about Open Delta not updating. I'm not saying they aren't there just that they didn't immediately jump out at me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
It is the same for note 2. I flashed a new nightly and opendelta started to update again. I think sometimes devs remove a problematic build and then you need to flash a newer build manually.

OpenCollective

Sep 13, 2012
Sorry for the delays with VoIP. My fix/temporary work around has been on gerrit for quite some time now. I may have found a way to fix it in the device trees rather than the audio hal though so if it works I'll get it in asap.

Thanks Jake, just happy to know you're still working on it and haven't forgotten it. It's the only major problem I have with the rom right now ;)

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
if im not mistaken, the only thing left should be HDR, correct?

At least, that's all I can see from looking around on the latest nightly

Gandalf

Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
For me, yes. Thanks for all your hard work. I have flashed pretty much every rom, but keep coming back to Omni. It works best for my needs. :good:
I just split off from official omni with my LG G2 builds, just because it makes my life 1000x easier with maintaining since omni's hardware and frameworks are debilitatingly outdated. I'm going to do the same here and will have HDR working shortly

update:

yea, i'll start working on it later this week. you'll just need to get your updates from HERE and NOT Omni. I'm going to include a modified OpenDelta as well that will allow you to update FROM MY BUILDS using opendelta ota updater too. stay tuned

Last edited:

lomistars

Jul 5, 2012
Hello Jake,

Thanks for fixing voip :) works like charm here,

Thank you

EDIT: sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

clshores

Sep 3, 2008
Middle Tennessee
I just split off from official omni with my LG G2 builds, just because it makes my life 1000x easier with maintaining since omni's hardware and frameworks are debilitatingly outdated. I'm going to do the same here and will have HDR working shortly

update:

yea, i'll start working on it later this week. you'll just need to get your updates from HERE and NOT Omni. I'm going to include a modified OpenDelta as well that will allow you to update FROM MY BUILDS using opendelta ota updater too. stay tuned

Thanks Jake for keeping us on the cutting edge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry, i've been VERY busy.

UPDATES:

Jake announced a while ago he was planning on dropping jflte due to lack of time.

He wound up unable to sell his jflte, so there's a chance that if he has time it'll get support, but in general, lack of time is proving to be a major issue for many of us. We're way behind as a result... Many of us have non-Android stuff going on, some of us are in the process of planning some Android-related stuff that is causing delays now but will hopefully have positive benefits in the long run. One thing being discussed is a few projects getting together to create a project dedicated to hardware support, strictly limited to only hardware stuff. Other projects could use that project as a base. (In some ways, we had visions of something like this with Omni, but as we didn't strictly limit scope to hardware, we sort of became "just another project" with the main benefit being we coordinated with other projects much better than in the past.)

yea, just to confirm, i WILL be working on galaxy s4.

I have put it on hold until I finish my note 10 kernel, but i just finished the last of the file merges, and now will begin the endless compilation error from merge derps healing process.

But to clarify to everyone: THERE WILL BE android-5.0 for galaxy s4 jflte QUALCOMM VARIANTS ONLY (sorry exynos)

Kernel merge complete for note 10(2014) , just need to fix it up and I'll start on jflte. :good:
    DO NOT post in this thread until you have read the first three posts and last two pages of this thread in their entirety!

"Me Too" posts for known issues with no useful debugging information WILL BE REPORTED.

What is Omni?

Omni Gerrit Review

OmniLog - changelog

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

ROM:
    Omni for Samsung Galaxy S 4

Gapps:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    (recommend the MODULAR FULL package, however, keep in mind that the STOCK package is intended for Nexus devices)

UPDATE FROM VARIANT OMNI BUILD TO UNIFIED BUILD
    Backup your apps and other pertinent data and DO A FULL WIPE.
    Don't complain about it. Just do it. If you try to post bug reports or complaints and you have not conducted a wipe of:
    • /system
    • /data
    • /cache
    • /dalvik
      I will completely and utterly ignore you, as well as report your post for not reading the clearly posted rules at the top of this post.

UPDATE FROM OMNI VIA OPEN DELTA UPDATER
    Settings -> System Updates -> Check for update
    You will NOT need to wipe anything with the delta updates unless it is explicitly stated or you start having strange issues.

Omni only supports TWRP recovery, use any alternate recovery at your own risk.

Kernel Source: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_samsung_jf

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omni for Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    jakew02, xplodwild
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/omnirom/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-05-28
    Last Updated 2015-04-20
    next 4.4 nightly will be fixed.

hoping to have 5.1 builds ready soon, just need to fix some stuff, but mostly everything is working on them.
    here's a build i just made with the updated gpu drivers, meaning you can use custom kernels on this one until the nightlies are up to speed

http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=6934

I'm still working on narrowing down exactly which specific commits in the repo are required, but i'll make sure to let you guys know as soon as the nightlies have them merged. until then, I can just post nightly builds in here for you guys with the required changes :good:

Oh yea, and with the audio HAL , hotword detection works again :highfive:

so to my knowledge:

TO-DO:
    • HDR (will probably wait for the camera to be rebased)
    • You tell me?!?
    I am dropping support for jflte once L source is released. I have too much going on with 18 credits per semester and my other projects.

The device trees and everything will remain on github and gerrit so if a brave souls decides to take the challenge of bringing the device up, the tools are available for you.