How To Disable Hisearch - Guide

Search This thread

Nicelysedated

Dec 1, 2011
Yorktown
Perform at your own risk! I am not responsible for your device!

I was trying to figure out how to disable Hisearch and found the package for it. I have successfully deleted it. Hisearch is no longer present when I swipe down on a blank space.

It does not seem to be having any adverse affect on my phone.

1) Download ADB
2) Enable USB Debugging on your device
3) Connect to computer and verify your device is listed with command "adb devices"
4) Type "adb Shell"
5) Type "pm list packages", this will show you all packages installed on phone.
6) Type "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.search"
7) you should see the word "Sucess" pop up
8) enjoy having the utterly useless, ****ing annoying search gone!

Last edited:

panrix

Jun 4, 2012
Is there a way to extract a program somewhere in case its removal does have a negative impact? I would be willing to start removing some of the bloat but I'm a little worried that I remove something the rest of the system relies on :(

Reactions: codified_canon

ginglygangly

Aug 16, 2015
This is awesome. Thank you.
A quick and painless way that anyone can use to get rid of this annoying non-feature.
Thank you very much for the clear instructions...

Let's hope an update doesn't re-install it!

the_real_fosgate

Sep 5, 2008
Obertaufkirchen
One question to someone who already uninstalled HiSearch.
When you go to the camera, is there still the possibility to scan things (regognizing Brands, or scanning QR-Codes)?
Or is this also gone with this package?

Slapyou

May 20, 2010
Really appreciate this. Can this method be used for disabling other stock apps, like the music app? Like half the time I start up my car, the bluetooth opens the stock app instead of Blackplayer EX (which I have designated as the default)

May 25, 2016
Glasgow

I was trying to figure out how to disable Hisearch and found the package for it. I have successfully deleted it. Hisearch is no longer present when I swipe down on a blank space.

1) Download ADB
3) Connect to computer and verify your device is listed with command "adb devices"
4) Type "adb Shell"

Worked a treat, many many many thanks!

b3ns0nUK

Nov 1, 2018
Worked for me ? thanks for sharing.
On another note has anyone successfully removed any of the other items on the package list without any dramas?

Reactions: michlemt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Download ADB
    4) Type "adb Shell"
    Is there a way of doing something like pm disable instead, so you can restore it easily if there's a problem?

pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.apps.tag
    * TO UNDO: pm enable --user 0 <Package Name>
    After a few days still no issues from deleting Hisearch. I will say it's safe to get rid of.
    OMG you did it son of a ***** you did it
    Any experience regarding firmware updates? How do such updates work in general regarding patches? I fear that in case of binary patches, the complete update may fail in case the huawei.search package is no longer present. Or would it simply re-install a new huawei.search package (which would be fine, given that we can easily remove it through the same method again).

It will reinstall a new huawei search file. No problem whatsoever with it. You'll need to remove it again on the latest patch