Search This thread

kapil_dheer

I'm on latest maniac 103 nightly & using it for last 2 days. no batttery drain issue till now.

Works super smooth. Keep up the great work Maniac103.

Some time back I posted a point that render effects need to be reapplied after each boot. Really wish defy remembers this setting as well like other settings.

Also, the default screen autobrightness seems hard on eyes. The editing of levels in cyanogen display settings can modify this but still remains flickery.

it would be really great if you developers can implement a menu in which a user can select a certain %age of default screen automatic brightness like 70% of default screen autorightness to be implemented.

Keep on the great work............:)

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
I really wonder why you guys what this (remove the blurr of power menu).. :confused:
Is it only a problem when taking screenshoots?
Otherwise, it's when you have to reboot?

... then what's the point of having the OS as fast as possible there -for the few times this is being used?
That might even bring the risk of powering off by mistake.
I just don't see it.. sorry :confused:

I'd rather see small changes in the OS like having different USB connection type statusbar icons [small pic]. To avoid inadvertently unplugging my phone while in Memory Card Access mode for example.

Or even have the possibilty to save custom DSP equalizer presets [I thought we had that at some point; it disappeared?]. Because as it is, it doesn't even save one.. Set a custom preset, move to any other preset and go back to custom: its settings are gone...

Anyway, I'm in no way trying to argue here; just want to chip to the poll..

Attachments

• stat_sys_data_usb.png.jpg
    stat_sys_data_usb.png.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 701
  • usb_android.png.jpg
    usb_android.png.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 205
  • usb_android_connected.png.jpg
    usb_android_connected.png.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

motobird

Oct 10, 2010
oh, now i see that it really had to be fixed :) thx guys for mentioning this issue, you were right sry

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Same here: was a non-believer on it but I must admit that it speeds things up considerably when taking a screenshot while running a demanding game for example.
Camera exit transition is also better.

So good work once more Maniac103 - you da Man!

You have any interest in looking into the two things I've mentioned (different statusbar icons for USB connection types and the regarding custom DSP presets?
I know that Epsylon3 seemed to agree with the first one when I previously mentioned it; that was back around his 7-11-11 release and he got quite busy with ICS since then...

Anyhow, thanks again.

Last edited:

duendetuc

Jun 16, 2011
Tucuman
So i ask again. If i do a full data wipe, cache and dalvik cache. And reflash the rom, there is no old setting os script ir anything that keep saved? For example, after doing all that my baseband settings didn't reset. First time that this happen.

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk

motobird

Oct 10, 2010
getting back to one of my "real" issues: 2g/3g status bar switch has a bug sometimes, as 3g/hsdpa data is indicated on notification bar in 2g mode. i'm on maniac's latest but noticed this issue on all other roms (baseband is always ok). maybe not bug of the switch but false indication of signal. or a rare but completely buggy 2g/3g switching in the os?

petrolin

Oct 22, 2009
getting back to one of my "real" issues: 2g/3g status bar switch has a bug sometimes, as 3g/hsdpa data is indicated on notification bar in 2g mode. i'm on maniac's latest but noticed this issue on all other roms (baseband is always ok). maybe not bug of the switch but false indication of signal. or a rare but completely buggy 2g/3g switching in the os?

Same here, only have this issue when starting up.
Thanks for the good work.

Sent from my Defy CM7.2

Hellmanor

Jan 15, 2011
Since I had GT540 I've been using Cyanogenmod. Now I buyed Defy and CM is getting better and better ;)
But... i have some questions:
1. Is it possible to port linux drivers to android? I found for camera and maybe it'd be helpful at making 720p recording.
2. Why is so hard to make 720p recording? I mean... Quarx said that GB 2.3.3 is limited, but now we've got 2.37. Also, we've got working HD recording on other roms...
3. Can somebody tell how they made that we are able to change song witch volume rockers? It's really useful.
Peace,
Hell.

Quarx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 19, 2007
Omsk
www.quarx2k.ru
2. Why is so hard to make 720p recording? I mean... Quarx said that GB 2.3.3 is limited, but now we've got 2.37. Also, we've got working HD recording on other roms...Hell.
Not kernel limited... we have 720p encoder which is written for OpenCore stuff... in 2.3 AOSP, OpenCore is deprecated..
Motorola in his roms is backported OpenCore to gb.
I have some ideas how to get it working..will try after recieving the defy+

Garuxa

May 12, 2011
Santiago
A bug (I think Or maybe he just happens to me :confused: ) in last maniac build: Rarely, time in the status bar freezes and soon returns to normal :(

Not kernel limited... we have 720p encoder which is written for OpenCore stuff... in 2.3 AOSP, OpenCore is deprecated..
Motorola in his roms is backported OpenCore to gb.
I have some ideas how to get it working..will try after recieving the defy+

This is just to Defy+? Or you could serve a Defy with red lens? . Sorry if my question is noob lol :eek:

Enviado desde mi MB525

Last edited:

zorofroozo

Jul 2, 2011
I'm using the previous maniac build, the one without the power menu fix. The alarmbug is gone:)

Seems the phone does not decently go in to deepsleep. Only 2 hours on a 8 hour night of airplane mode...
Battery dropped from 70% to 55%, anyone seeing this?

(went from latest cm7, non nightly, to maniacs build with a wipe cache and wipe dalvik)

#Sent from my motorola defy
#Cyanogenmod nightly 7.2.0-RC0 by Maniac

Hellmanor

Jan 15, 2011
A bug (I think Or maybe he just happens to me :confused: ) in last maniac build: Rarely, time in the status bar freezes and soon returns to normal :(

This is just to Defy+? Or you could serve a Defy with red lens? . Sorry if my question is noob lol :eek:

Enviado desde mi MB525

It'll work with "regular" Defy with red lense.
Even now you can install Defy+'s rom on Defy.

Reactions: Garuxa

motobird

Oct 10, 2010
I'm using the previous maniac build, the one without the power menu fix. The alarmbug is gone:)

Seems the phone does not decently go in to deepsleep. Only 2 hours on a 8 hour night of airplane mode...
Battery dropped from 70% to 55%, anyone seeing this?

(went from latest cm7, non nightly, to maniacs build with a wipe cache and wipe dalvik)

#Sent from my motorola defy
#Cyanogenmod nightly 7.2.0-RC0 by Maniac

got 3% battery drain of 8 hours in airplane mode with that rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Defy

Status CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Stable:

Changelogs:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]7.2.0[/COLOR]:[/B]

The official 7.2.0 and actual official nightlies doesn't include
      all our features. That is the purpose of the this release.

Common: Connection Profiles and Notifications Enhancements
    Common: Lockscreen Calendar and options
    Common: Phone Landscape Dialpad Layout*
    Common: Keyboard : Swipe Gestures (caps, keyboard modes)*
    Common: Device specific Settings Menu
    Jordan: Multitouch and LED mode settings
    Jordan: Compass calibration and DSP settings (from motorola)
    Jordan: Better Battery Life
    Jordan: Button Backlight Tuning
    Jordan: Camera and videos Enhancements, enhanced stability*
    Jordan: Fake pds partition to prevent alterations
    Jordan: Enhanced ADB over Network (Notification icon)*
    Jordan: Recovery 5.0.3.1 with devtree support
    Jordan: Open source ADBD and Busybox "adb shell" with history saving
    Jordan: Busybox 1.19.3*
    Jordan: Market fingerprint and stability

(*Not merged in upstream for the moment)

[B]03.09.11 7.1.0-RC1.5 Jordan (3 Sep 2011):[/B]
    USB/Wifi/Bluetooth Tethering.
    New set of kernel modules built from sources: MMC-fix, overclocking, multitouch
    Camera: Touch to focus
    Camera: video flashlight for red camera
    N-point MultiTouch (persist.sys.multitouch)
    Fixed geotags in the photos
    Fixed dual SIM adapters which use Stk not working
    Increase boot speed. (merged in CM7)
    Bionic libc optimization (merged in CM7)
    CrystalTalk (Voice filter)
    Bootmenu 1.0.4 with adb modes and new Mass storage modes
    Overscroll custom color (not only set by themes)
    Adb over Network with warning
    Camera shutter mute setting (persist.sys.camera-mute)
    BusyBox v1.19.1-cm71 bionic
    [B]28.06.11 RC1v2:[/B]
    179 Kernel
    Wifi indicator fix
    Fix BT when FMradio is started
    Fix FMradio APP
    Added 'ro.battery_light=true' in build.prop, true - enable BatteryLight while charging
    CIFS module.
    Widescreen photo.
    Some improvements in 3D..
    Overclock configuration is automatically backuped and restored, if you install new version of rom.
    Fix zoom problem.
    Fix Secure login by wifi (MotoPortal, IE Only)
    Fixed exposure setting in camera app
    Fixed camera timestamps for green lens
    Cosmetic fix 'Scaling Range' & 'CPU Frequency Range'
    Fix camera timestamps for BAYER camera
    [B]04.06.11 RC0:[/B]
    fixes SMS troubles for Chinese users
    Fix 100% CPU usage.
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1033654&page=370"]1% step for battery[/URL]
    Removed "factory reset" from settings.
    Removed  reboot dialog.
    Latest CWM/Bootmenu
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]New safe frequencies:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]300-30
    600-46
    1000-58[/COLOR]
    Adobe flash HW.
    New Wifi.
    Speakerphone fix
    Pattern lock timeout (same as stock froyo) (author quarck 4pda)
    WVGA video recording for green camera (author vick33)
    Added NetworkMode in settings: GSM only, WCDMA only, GSM/WCDMA auto, GSM/WCDMA preferred
    Increase boot speed.
    Proximity workaround patch (author quarck 4pda)
    [B]13.05.11 Beta6:[/B]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13563743&postcount=2835"]Fixed a problem waking device when switched off the lock screen. If you press the volume buttons and the headset button.[/URL]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13569142&postcount=2865"]issue #130 - Beta 5.1 Can't charge when shutdown![/URL]
    fix 2USB Storage icon 
    Enables SIP on WIFI only - False 
    Fix Autobrightness levels
    Fix camera frame drops.
    Maybe fix batt drain.
    Busybox 1.19
    Increase of brightness
    Increase of brightness flashlight (High brightness) so as ledefy on max.
    Clockwork 3.0.2.8
    Bootmenu 0.8
    latest Android.
    Some small fixes

[B]07.05.2011 Beta5.1:[/B]
    AGPS...
    Some fixes.
    New Update.zip
    [B]03.05.2011 Beta5:[/B]
    Added SIM Toolkit app
    Fm-Radio
    Re-Reworking sensors.
    Some changes in Wifi and Video codec's.
    Stock Torch APP/Widget. 
    Update to 2.3.4 -> CM 7.1.0-RC0:
    - DSP Manager: equalizer presets
    AAC+
    Maybe even have forgotten ...

[B]29.04.2011 Beta4.1:[/B]
    Fix DroidWall/Iptables ( kang.project-voodoo.org/f/iptables-cm7-kang.zip )
    Reworking Wifi.
    Update busybox to 1.19 - [COLOR="Red"]Disabled in beta4.1[/COLOR]([URL="https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_device_motorola_umts_jordan/issues/57"]issues #57[/URL]) )
    720p Playback. [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13136257&postcount=1526[/url]  - [COLOR="red"]Disabled in beta4.1[/COLOR]
    Reworking Overlay & Codecs (No more proprietary)
    CM -> 7.0.2
    AAC/WMA codec in the video now has hardware acceleration. (improvement 720p )  - [COLOR="Red"]Disabled in beta4.1[/COLOR]
    Added MotoPortal.
    GPS_fix2 included.
    basebandswitcher V3.1 multilanguage V0.1  included.
    Fix Auto-Brightness
    min_free_kbytes -> 4096
    Fix red camera.

[B]20.04.2011 Beta3:[/B]
    Fix Skype and some other programs. 
    Fix Red Camera... thanks for solution to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3911109"]pabx [/URL]
    Fix Headset button ([URL="https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_device_motorola_umts_jordan/issues/1#issuecomment-1021778"]issues #1[/URL]) - [URL="http://ge.tt/4mEYIiv/Fix_Headset_button.zip?type=download"]Update.zip for beta2[/URL]
    GPS icon fix -  ([URL="https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_device_motorola_umts_jordan/issues/4"]issues #4[/URL]) - [URL="http://ge.tt/6CLUIkP/Fix_GPS.zip?type=download"]Update.zip for beta2[/URL]
    Fix double USB icon.
    Small fix for GPS(Searches faster satellite)
    Added Baseband Switcher.
    Fix Camcoder (big thanks to [B]morpehus[/B] (4pda.ru))
    Charging of battery with the phone off  ([URL="https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_device_motorola_umts_jordan/issues/36"]issues #36[/URL])

[B]17.04.2011 Beta2:[/B] 
    Fix RIL.
    Fix APN's
    Fix Compass.
    Fix Opengl 2.0
    Fix Live Wallpapers.
    The volume keys do not wake device

[B]16.04.2011 Beta1:[/B] 
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]RIL Now Works![/COLOR][/B]
    All sensors works
    GPS now Works
    Reworking Audio
    Rooted.
    Kernel from new 3.4.2-177

[B]15.04.2011 Alpha2:[/B] 
    Bluetooth now working for transfer files
    USB Fully working.
    Camera: Photo working with prewiev. FLASH working.
    Added more languages
    2nd-init by default (unstable)
    Audio and DSP Manager now works
    G-Sensor(KXTF9), LM3530, AK8973.
    LED: All colors
    DSP: H264 Video
    3D:  Improve Performance
    Superuser added / not works correctly.

[B]13.04.2011:[/B] 
    First release for demostration work CM7 on Defy. (and not fake)
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Flash froyo
    2. Copy *.zip to sdcard
    3. Reboot your device in BootMenu/ClockWork
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the *zip
    6. reboot

If you liked this project, you can donate
    Paypal: quarx@yandex.ru
    WebMoney:
    USD:Z319203344726
    Yandex money: 4100188263979
    Or you can buy this app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.donatecm7
    ---------------------------------------
    Donate to Epsylon3 (tpruvot)
    PayPal: epsylon3@gmail.com
    http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=803131
    ---------------------------------------
    Donate to Maniac103
    PayPal: dannybaumann@web.de
    http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=765758

All the found issues, please send to GITHUB - https://github.com/CyanogenDefy/android_device_motorola_jordan/issues

Sources on github:
    Download:
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenDefy/android.git -b gingerbread
    repo sync
    Build:
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch jordan

F.A.Q

Latest Google APPS

Download:
    Official cyanogen builds
    Epsylon Nightly Builds
    Quarx Nightly Builds
    Maniac103 Nightly Builds
    Disclaimer: The next lines are by no means meant offensive or as a personal attack. It's just my personal opinion that I feel needs to be expressed.

Yea, indeed. There are so many extra function in CM7 that I don't use it. I hope that the experimental phase will be transferred to ICS project. XDA's CM7 need to be finished by removing as many bugs as it's possible.
    I think you should get your expectations correct (refering to 'need to be finished'). Unlike e.g. Motorola, we don't need to deliver a completely finished, totally bug-free 'product'. Unlike e.g. Motorola people, we aren't paid to work on this stuff, we are volunteers working on this stuff for fun in our free times. That includes the fact that we are free to choose what we want to work on, including working on e.g. ICS (if we, or in this particular case, Epsylon3) are interested in that or not working on anything at all for some time and devoting time to the new-born son instead (in this particular case, me at the moment).

You also need to understand that some things are incredibly hard to fix (due to the complexity of the code) or near to impossible to fix (because we're dealing with binary blobs).

Edit: I guess it boils down to one thing: Writing bug reports is nice and welcomed, but they shouldn't be understood as tasks, but as information to us (the developers).

Talking about your particular examples:

Is this happening with headset only? The report is lacking details.

This is the 'dealing with binaries' case. If you feel like spending countless hours hacking smali disassembly code, go for it. If you feel like spending weeks writing a replacement: Even better.

This is fixed in our nightlies since some time. I invested a number of hours debugging this in the complex video recording code, BTW, without even having personal interest in the video recording feature.

Never encountered that issue so far, how am I supposed to debug this now?

6. Screen locks after hang up the conversation if the talk was longer than time for screen off.
    It should go back to call log according to:
    Settings > Call settings > Always back to call log - checked.
    I think that's behaving as desired from the code. When you unlock the screen, you should see the call log.

7. Battery lifetime
    8. Battery lifetime
    9. Battery lifetime
    Sorry, but without giving any particular battery drain scenario, ruling out e.g. apps or 3G usage etc., it's a waste of time to even talk about this. I personally got 2.5 to 3 days of battery lifetime from the stock ROM, and I get the same from CM7.
    This 'CM7 drains my battery' story really is getting old, especially without any data backing it.

Maybe the devs should start a vote for the most annoying bugs the users want to have fixed? I'd rather like to see a very stable CM7 than another 5 months with a pre-beta CM9. Just my 2 cents.
    We don't need a vote, we need people helping with the code, devoting time and fixing bugs. See first paragraph ;)
    maniac has branched Qkernel for gb :silly:

Don't hold your breath ;)
    I'm experimenting with it, mainly to see whether I can get it working stably.
    At least it's booting already ;)

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2
    Uploading new build.
    Main change is 720p rec for red lense.
    In defy+ hd rec enabled by default.
    In defy build hd rec available too, but not in media_profiles.xml.
    Yes, there is still a kernel problem regarding the wifi module... But its the first bootable (and moddable so) kernel built from sources... for cm7

to be continued....

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app