|ROM |Oct 29 | Duttys Topaz WM6.5 LEO R8 RTM | OS 5.2.23016 |HTC SENSE||ONLINE||

Search This thread

Maalcari

Jul 14, 2009
This is the best rom i used in my TD2. Great !

I´m still having issues with messaging.. slowdows.. and other things.. but by far the best rom available with 2.5 :)

Just great. Keep up the good work.

This made me forget the dream of using Android in this handheld :D

elmalote

Dec 15, 2007
The ROM is great..
Can confirm I have the WiFi bug, any ideas on how to solve it? Have already disabled all automatic connections and Wifi in standby mode is disabled..

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro

fpow

May 18, 2009
Gothenburg
nice rom som minor issues

I have used ower one night now.

1, the wifi turns on still after a soft reset.

2, The sms are buggy and slow, get problem here and get strange time stamps on recived sms from some user. "the biggest problem for me!!!"

3, Cant get back from end call bottom in the sms msn menu. "can work with it any way but disturbin alot for me any way."

4, to day screen wheter are only update if i am in to the wheter aplication. i ahve sett it to update ewery three houers.

5, When restoring old sms its not working and get realy bad... i did a hard reset and dit not used the old ones and then it was working.

Other wise a briljant rom like it a lot.
Miner issues but disturbing me anyway. I will change to standard rom again. But this is what i would like to have!!! hope you fix the last of the SMS buggs..

Kind regards, Freddie

hermes77

Apr 20, 2009
paris
for me it is impossible to use this rom for everydays

- the batterie drain is very bad
- the radio reception with 4 48 radio rom lost 10 db !!!
- the clock don t change automaticaly with the provider, you have to set up manualy
- the calendar is always with barcelona (impossible to change my location) and i m in paris
- when you receive mms it freeze and impossible to come back in TF3D
- the handover between 3G and gsm doesn t work normaly and lost the radio reception
- the wifi always try to connect
- the reception icone is always with 2 bar

kangmas

Feb 13, 2008
youtube

This rom is near perfect. Sms works fine, battery usage is good. As with udk leo 2.08, don't restore your sms backup as it will mess your threaded sms. Only one problem for me. Internet connections is fast, but when I want to play youtube video, it says "Failed to find network." See screenshot:

Image Hosting

This rom can be skin almost fully using maxycy theme. Follow the link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=551489

See example screenshot:

Image Hosting

satishkbg

Jun 22, 2009
Great ROM. Can confirm wifi problem though, it's quite random. Not had issues with battery-drain so far. Otherwise one of the best cooked-roms around.

Thanks Dutty.

agent.m

Aug 16, 2006
leeds
djagentm.blogspot.com
Loved the features on the rom bigtime. But couldn't live with mamilla freezing on me so after a days use I've gone back to r1. Did a hard reset and turned off my location. It runs smoother than before. Those that can confirm Leo rom is stable and fast did u do anything special ie disable my location?

satishkbg

Jun 22, 2009
worldcard mobile WWE

The worldcard mobile from dutty's cab doesn't work for me. Did anyone manage to get it working? any links

Regards

pauloke

Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
The wifi bug is present but only rarely.

The only major thing is the messages bug. Cannot restore messages from pimbackup. maybe someone can try myPhone and see if that works.

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop

The only major thing is the messages bug. Cannot restore messages from pimbackup. maybe someone can try myPhone and see if that works.

sms restore from myphone works fine but knowing leo it does chug if you have say 150+ sms, i deleted loads so it had say 5-10 sms per contact and the speed of it is now fine,
im wondering if there is a way to revert to win mo 6.5 threaded sms when you click all messages, ive seen a cab somewhere but it puts it to the old 6.1 threaded sms (ie nasty scroll bar and couped up sms!)

real187

Mar 3, 2008

Pimbackup (2.8) works for me. it loads all my messages back 400+.
but with restoring more than 100 , when you go to alle messages it goes verry verry slow, its seems it almost freezes but it dont.

losdrivare

Jul 17, 2008
Trying out the ROM, just installed it an hour ago. So far I'm really impressed! Feels about as fast as most custom ROMs I've tried on Topaz, and the Leo UI is very nice. However, I didn't restore any sms'es, didn't activate My Location and I set the pagepool to 24 mb. If anyone is curious, just using the Pagepool Changer (search) works fine. Has to be done to the .nbh ROM file before flashing it, though... Will let you know if I experience any freezes, I'm hoping my bigger pagepool might help with this.

One thing that I find annoying is when I go to Start menu and choose settings, it takes me to the manila settings tab. I'm always expecting to come to winmo "all settings" instead. Also, manila Settings tab has no "All settings" soft button, instead I have to press "menu" and then "All Settings" - which is the only choice in the menu... Why have a menu with only one item? Not Duttys fault though, this is all Leo manila weirdness! ;)

where do you find it? i have looked everywhere and didnt found a 24h setting.. :confused:

settings tab/menu/all settings/system/regional settings/Time
Set Time style to HH:mm:ss

Try this cab file i make. Install it and restart your phone. It should change the start menu to 3 row. :D

Didn't work for me.

Last edited:

pauloke

Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
Battery drain is not so bad - was better on R0 and R1 of Dutty's Topaz roms.

Keep an eye out for the wifi bug. That is a primary reason. switch it off as soon as it appears.

xenocide976

Jun 16, 2008
no Messenger for this ROM? i can't find it anywhere...

**edit: found it. Its in Microsoft Services.
I thought that itself is an application but in fact its a folder... :D :D

Last edited: