[ROM]Droid X GingerAle 3.0 Stable Release!

Search This thread

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010
GINGERALE 3.0 STABLE RELEASE

My first ROM ever! I decided to make it on Gingerbread. Some things that you should know are that...

-First GB Leak only! - If you want to port framework and other files to .588, .591, .595, or .596 be my guest but that's not my job!

Updated: GingerAle is now in ROM Manager under TeamChargeDev (The new developer team I'm part of)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Included:
-Themed GingerBlur Home
-CRT Animation
-Lots of Status Bar Changes
-Bloatware Removed
-DX2 Boot Animation (DX Boot Anim. w/ Sound)
-DX2 Wallpapers
-Themed Dialer
-All Red and Blue Highlights
-Old Blur Load/Spinner Sequence
-Build.prop Edits
-Eri.xml heavily edited
-...and much much more!

Screenshots:

CAP201105291144.jpg
CAP2011051721511.jpg
CAP201105172149.jpg
CAP2011051721521.jpg
CAP2011051721491.jpg
CAP2011052911471.jpg

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1q27phrn8oz9363

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Get Rooted on any System
2. Get DX Bootstrap Recovery
3. Flash DXBR or D2BR Depending if on GB already!
4. Wipe Data/Cache
5. Install from SD Card
6. When done reboot system!
7. Enjoy

-If you are coming from the beta...NO NEED TO WIPE DATA/CACHE JUST INSTALL!

-It may boot loop...Just go into stock recovery and wipe data again then reboot!

-You can now simply Download from the ROM Manager App and follow the directions there!

ChangeLog: 3.0
Took Out Netflix (Only Works on 2.2)
Added Gtalk Working! (Works with set Per.)
Deleted FriendShare
Maximum Bloatware Gone
Themed Press to Red
Heavy Edits on Binary
Superuser Running Smoother
Minor Tweaks to Scrolling
and much much more! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If you have any bug reports or complaints report them to me on Twitter...@TeamChargeDev or by Email.... SeanMyers10@gmail.com

ENJOY!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8deaa77efc63a6eb429928d42bdf5d9d2c

Donate :)

Last edited:

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
It's good to see Gingerbread ROMs starting to appear in this forum!
Definitely going to see how this ROM performs.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

GulMiguel

Oct 2, 2008
Cusseta, AL
Many congrats - I've been waiting with baited breath for someone to put out a new DX ROM. Thanks for the love.

One question though....since GB, I thought that DXBR didn't work anymore, I thought we had to use D2BR now?

Jmoney47

Nov 9, 2010
THANK GOD! This is the first new rom posted here since liberty 1.5. Keep up the good work!

TheEnzyteGuy

Mar 23, 2010
Oklahoma City
So far I like it, gonna use it for a couple days and see how it does :) keep up the good work. Also I'm glad to see a rom for GB woot.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010
Many congrats - I've been waiting with baited breath for someone to put out a new DX ROM. Thanks for the love.

One question though....since GB, I thought that DXBR didn't work anymore, I thought we had to use D2BR now?

That is very true...I'm assuming that yuor flashing from 2.2 which in that case it would work, if not use D2BR! I'll fix that in the post, sorry for the mix-up!

Reactions: cdcarney

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
super excited about this!!! not sure if i want to move on it yet because i'm really worried about stability... i sbf'd my boyfriend's phone back to froyo stock and it STILL reboots and i'm getting tired of it. considering how this is the first real gingerbread rom that i've found i'm willing to follow it and see how it goes. i'll probably break down in a couple days here and install it anyway... basically... THANK YOU!! :D

Jmoney47

Nov 9, 2010
Since I can't tell from the description or the screenshots, is this rom blur-based or aosp-based?

brd912

Sep 7, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7
super excited about this!!! not sure if i want to move on it yet because i'm really worried about stability... i sbf'd my boyfriend's phone back to froyo stock and it STILL reboots and i'm getting tired of it. considering how this is the first real gingerbread rom that i've found i'm willing to follow it and see how it goes. i'll probably break down in a couple days here and install it anyway... basically... THANK YOU!! :D

Wow,you flashed for your boyfriend:D lol on topic,great to see something new. Ill test shortly

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

ILikeBubbles

Dec 18, 2010
Have you guys not heard of ApeX 2.0 or ZombieStomped, or Liberty GB even?

i've heard of Liberty GB but after doing a lot of research i kind of don't want to use it.. that and i can't really find liberty gb .5 online and they say you have to buy the app or whatever and i've already paid for the bootstrap for Dx and D2 for my boyfriends phone and... well maybe i just gave up because i became very frustrated on what i couldn't find after like a week of straight looking. but i think he'd be interested in ZombieStomped. :D sounds epic. could you link it? along with ApeX if you don't mind :eek: just in case i can't find it myself :) ty though for the tip!!

[edit] um.. just fyi i'm looking for a blurless build, i'm assuming any rom i could download will also be bloat free... but there shall be no blur on any phone i control. xD

Last edited:

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010

yes i have heard of all of them..and ik the developers..Doesn't mean I can't make one too.. People are just excited cause someone like me finally took the time to give the droid x Xda forums some love by posting it here! t's very stable right now guys I'm gonna release the full version by the end of this weekend!

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 2 XL
i've heard of Liberty GB but after doing a lot of research i kind of don't want to use it.. that and i can't really find liberty gb .5 online and they say you have to buy the app or whatever and i've already paid for the bootstrap for Dx and D2 for my boyfriends phone and... well maybe i just gave up because i became very frustrated on what i couldn't find after like a week of straight looking. but i think he'd be interested in ZombieStomped. :D sounds epic. could you link it? along with ApeX if you don't mind :eek: just in case i can't find it myself :) ty though for the tip!!

[edit] um.. just fyi i'm looking for a blurless build, i'm assuming any rom i could download will also be bloat free... but there shall be no blur on any phone i control. xD

Check your pm :D

yes i have heard of all of them..and ik the developers..Doesn't mean I can't make one too.. People are just excited cause someone like me finally took the time to give the droid x Xda forums some love by posting it here! t's very stable right now guys I'm gonna release the full version by the end of this weekend!

I figured you would have heard of them, just some replies here made it seem like this was the only ROM available for GB DX.

Last edited:

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010
2.3.3 GingerAle Official is now here download it from the same place. Working on a Blurless GingerAle for all you blur haterz come and get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: agentofchaos

Jmoney47

Nov 9, 2010

Everyone has heard of them, however they are by well-established developers. I was happy that someone is taking time to get development going again. We have maybe 3 good developers left for the droid x. That is why I am happy for another.

Reactions: Darkness_Invade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GINGERALE 3.0 STABLE RELEASE

My first ROM ever! I decided to make it on Gingerbread. Some things that you should know are that...

-First GB Leak only! - If you want to port framework and other files to .588, .591, .595, or .596 be my guest but that's not my job!

Updated: GingerAle is now in ROM Manager under TeamChargeDev (The new developer team I'm part of)!

What's Included:
    -Themed GingerBlur Home
    -CRT Animation
    -Lots of Status Bar Changes
    -Bloatware Removed
    -DX2 Boot Animation (DX Boot Anim. w/ Sound)
    -DX2 Wallpapers
    -Themed Dialer
    -All Red and Blue Highlights
    -Old Blur Load/Spinner Sequence
    -Build.prop Edits
    -Eri.xml heavily edited
    -...and much much more!

Screenshots:

CAP201105291144.jpg
    CAP2011051721511.jpg
    CAP201105172149.jpg
    CAP2011051721521.jpg
    CAP2011051721491.jpg
    CAP2011052911471.jpg

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1q27phrn8oz9363

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Get Rooted on any System
    2. Get DX Bootstrap Recovery
    3. Flash DXBR or D2BR Depending if on GB already!
    4. Wipe Data/Cache
    5. Install from SD Card
    6. When done reboot system!
    7. Enjoy

-If you are coming from the beta...NO NEED TO WIPE DATA/CACHE JUST INSTALL!

-It may boot loop...Just go into stock recovery and wipe data again then reboot!

-You can now simply Download from the ROM Manager App and follow the directions there!

ChangeLog: 3.0
    Took Out Netflix (Only Works on 2.2)
    Added Gtalk Working! (Works with set Per.)
    Deleted FriendShare
    Maximum Bloatware Gone
    Themed Press to Red
    Heavy Edits on Binary
    Superuser Running Smoother
    Minor Tweaks to Scrolling
    and much much more! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If you have any bug reports or complaints report them to me on Twitter...@TeamChargeDev or by Email.... SeanMyers10@gmail.com

ENJOY!

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8deaa77efc63a6eb429928d42bdf5d9d2c

Donate :)

That is very true...I'm assuming that yuor flashing from 2.2 which in that case it would work, if not use D2BR! I'll fix that in the post, sorry for the mix-up!
    2.3.3 GingerAle Official is now here download it from the same place. Working on a Blurless GingerAle for all you blur haterz come and get it!
    you said the magic word. blurless. eagerly waiting. thanks.

gotta wait till sunday unfortuantely i have a life un;like some other devs lolz jk but seriously Sunday is the day!

Everyone has heard of them, however they are by well-established developers. I was happy that someone is taking time to get development going again. We have maybe 3 good developers left for the droid x. That is why I am happy for another.