Paranoid Android 7.3.0 - AOSPA - Google Nexus 5

Search This thread

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
UP996O1.jpg

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:
- Reworked Pie
- Color engine
- Immersive mode
- Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
- On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
- SafetyNet Compatibility
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Recent tasks locking
- Battery icon customization
- Google now page in default launcher
- Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
- Quick pulldown
- Various performance and battery improvements
- Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
- Pocket Lock
- More to explore :)

Device specific features for Google Nexus 5 (List is being updated):
- Replaced MPDesicion with a better & improved AutoSMP (improves battery life)
- aptX and aptXHD support

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Q7khaME.jpg

Download

Get our latest Google Nexus 5 build here.

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Special Thanks
- @CertifiedBlyndGuy for all the help and improvements done in the kernel
- @berbat0v & the other testers for all the help provided.

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
SuperSU root package
Paranoid Android Community (G+)
Our kernel sauce (hammerhead)

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @marcomarinho, @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSPA, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
marcomarinho, CertifiedBlyndGuy, xboxfanj, thecrazylex, thecrazyskull, herna
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/AOSPA[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 7.2.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-20

Created 2017-07-20
Last Updated 2017-07-20

Last edited:

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Install instructions

We highly recommend you to follow these instructions very carefully. Users usually tend to skip a few steps and eventually fall in trouble. Are you with me? Good. Let's get this train going.

Just a few things to keep in mind first -
If you're coming from another ROM / Stock, your system data (not internal storage) will have to be wiped. This includes apps, accounts, messages, call logs etc.
There's been some users complaining about different GAPPS variants messing up installs and causing a ton of issues. Upon investigating it seems OpenGapps Pico work best.
Understand that Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and it might lead to addiction as it's relatively good. We shouldn't be accused of anything just incase your cat starts drinking wine. Things get a little woozy in the Paranoid World.
Some brain might be involved if things go wrong. Not a lot though, as much to solve what's 1+1.
Okay let's get to the main bit.

We recommend a full wipe.

Flashing order:
1. Back up to PC everything you would need (whole of Internal Storage including and not limited to
Titanium Backup folder, Music, Pictures, etc)
2. Reboot into TWRP Recovery
5. Format all partitions except the "internal" partition**
6. Flash AOSPA zip
7. Flash Gapps zip
8. Flash SuperSu or Magisk (optional)
9. Reboot System

** For F2FS on /data the internal partition needs to be wiped too.

First boot time would be about 3-4 minutes on an average.

Introduction by @arzbhatia
Instructions by @thechints

Last edited:

Sashko98

Apr 15, 2016
Feeling kind of bad to deliver the bad news so fast, but i am stuck at Google logo. I doubt it is a ROM fault, more likely incompatibly between the CAF kernel and my chineese non-oem cheap screen I use. The logs are given below, if you could help me.

Attachments

• last_kmsg1.txt
    111.2 KB · Views: 247

berbat0v

Mar 30, 2017
Nice Marco :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Feeling kind of bad to deliver the bad news so fast, but i am stuck at Google logo. I doubt it is a ROM fault, more likely incompatibly between the CAF kernel and my chineese non-oem cheap screen I use. The logs are given below, if you could help me.

Yup, unfortunately non-OEM screens do not work with CAF roms. I dont think there is anything you can do..

Reactions: pankaj kr

ajeesh vijayan

Sep 10, 2012
kerala
@marcomarinho
on the other thread (general) you said that you were trying to fix the camera Error happening since lollipop..does this build include the fix..??

and thank you for your great effort...

Last edited:

pablomancera

Jan 14, 2015
Cartagena
+1 here
What I did was mount /system and then remove some aosp apps using TWRP's file manager
Specifically Calendar, Email, Pa browser, and MusicFX. It worked :)

Gotta wait to see how this is going to work with ota updates tho

I prefer PA apps over the google app, so I have preferred pico gapps, but that info should be added to the op :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UP996O1.jpg

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
    We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
    We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Major features:
    - Reworked Pie
    - Color engine
    - Immersive mode
    - Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
    - On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
    - SafetyNet Compatibility
    - Battery/Notification LED control
    - Recent tasks locking
    - Battery icon customization
    - Google now page in default launcher
    - Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
    - Quick pulldown
    - Various performance and battery improvements
    - Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
    - Pocket Lock
    - More to explore :)

Device specific features for Google Nexus 5 (List is being updated):
    - Replaced MPDesicion with a better & improved AutoSMP (improves battery life)
    - aptX and aptXHD support

Note: Custom kernels are explicitly unsupported and will cause issues
    unless they state that they are AOSPA compatible or AOSPA based!

Q7khaME.jpg

Download

Get our latest Google Nexus 5 build here.

Changelogs

As we're getting back into the thread game, keeping up with threads and updating them as per changelogs can be too hectic given our schedule. However, very detailed changelogs always go up on our Google+ page, follow us for constant updates!

Special Thanks
    - @CertifiedBlyndGuy for all the help and improvements done in the kernel
    - @berbat0v & the other testers for all the help provided.

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    SuperSU root package
    Paranoid Android Community (G+)
    Our kernel sauce (hammerhead)

As always, we listen to what you have to say. Help us make PA better by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here. Submit bug reports and we'll try to iron out issues as soon as possible - it really helps a lot.

Our device maintainers and CAF caretakers @marcomarinho, @TheCrazyLex, @xboxfanj, @arter97, @ChrisLahaye @Thecrazyskull are right here at xda. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    marcomarinho, CertifiedBlyndGuy, xboxfanj, thecrazylex, thecrazyskull, herna
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/AOSPA[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-20

Created 2017-07-20
    Last Updated 2017-07-20
    Install instructions

We highly recommend you to follow these instructions very carefully. Users usually tend to skip a few steps and eventually fall in trouble. Are you with me? Good. Let's get this train going.

Just a few things to keep in mind first -
    If you're coming from another ROM / Stock, your system data (not internal storage) will have to be wiped. This includes apps, accounts, messages, call logs etc.
    There's been some users complaining about different GAPPS variants messing up installs and causing a ton of issues. Upon investigating it seems OpenGapps Pico work best.
    Understand that Paranoid Android is a custom ROM and it might lead to addiction as it's relatively good. We shouldn't be accused of anything just incase your cat starts drinking wine. Things get a little woozy in the Paranoid World.
    Some brain might be involved if things go wrong. Not a lot though, as much to solve what's 1+1.
    Okay let's get to the main bit.

We recommend a full wipe.

Flashing order:
    1. Back up to PC everything you would need (whole of Internal Storage including and not limited to
    Titanium Backup folder, Music, Pictures, etc)
    2. Reboot into TWRP Recovery
    5. Format all partitions except the "internal" partition**
    6. Flash AOSPA zip
    7. Flash Gapps zip
    8. Flash SuperSu or Magisk (optional)
    9. Reboot System

** For F2FS on /data the internal partition needs to be wiped too.

First boot time would be about 3-4 minutes on an average.

Introduction by @arzbhatia
    Instructions by @thechints
    https://plus.google.com/+ParanoidAndroidCorner/posts/DkPnZFwdBXp

Hammerhead: reverted back to mpdecision leading to finally fix battery drain bug
    @marcomarinho hi. Will you build pie for hammy? I asked it on G+ and Arz said that it could be possible if we can convince a developer....

Nexus 5 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
    I can't give you a certain, although I promise that I'll work on it in the next weeks.
    So let's talk about bug reports & feature requests

First let me tell you something!
    REPORTING BUGS WITHOUT A LOGCAT WILL BE IGNORED! I can't fix a bug without a logcat. So you can't report a bug without it too. Unless of course you want to report a bug and don't want me to fix it, in that case just don't ;)

Bugs that we're aware of and will be fixed in the upcoming releases:
    • GPS problems on Waze & other apps.
    • Ok Google anywhere
    • Battery drain when device is in stand-by
    • Scrolling lags in some apps (fixed)
    • IMS & call barring settings

Feature Requests:
    It's useless to do feature requests I will ignore because it's not up to me. AOSPA is focused on system-level optimizations & bringing useful and original features. So we won't be as every ROM out there full of "features". This thread is to talk about N5 related stuff, other than that ask in G+.

Ambient Display
    I know many of you are dealing with ambient display to act wierd by waking up the device while moving. This is a know "issue" and will be "fixed" in the next update.

One more thing: We're working in this project as a hobbie not a job, so don't dare to demand something! Learn how to ask for things nicely!

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're doing our best to fix the minor bugs and give you the best experience possible!

#StayParanoid