Galaxy S4 browser?!?!

Search This thread

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
As Samsung continues its apparent march towards closed source am I the only one surprised at how bad Galaxy S4 browser is? It is slow, unresponsive at times, has no real fullscreen option and quick settings have been removed. It also has no ability to sync with Google accounts. Am i the only seeing this?

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
It has its perks on Some things then there's other stuff like you mentioned that doesn't make it good. I usually use chrome but I'm just trying to find another alternative that has flash options besides xscope and firefox. I really love dolphin browser but can't figure out how to run the flash option for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

lyrad12

Nov 19, 2010
running aosp browser right now, d best browser for me so far. full screen, quick side controls and full flash enabled! beast!:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374464412529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374464412529.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 985

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
running aosp browser right now, d best browser for me so far. full screen, quick side controls and full flash enabled! beast!:)

I agree with you, that's the browser I'm using a well. It just seems that Samsung took a huge step backwards with the GS4 browser when compared to the GS3.

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN

I would love to run that browser but still stock at the moment in case anything happens to my phone I wouldn't have to hassle with reverting it back to stock but I'm on MF3 also so I can't root.

drsiddiqui1

Oct 14, 2012
It does suck. I use Chrome. I wish the air view features worked with chrome tho

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
+5 it isn't as good as the previous Samsung browsers. No Google bookmarks sync and what I really don't like is how slow switching tab is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

sixftsix

Mar 10, 2012
my button to view open tabs seems to go unresponsive occasionally. someone please tell me I am doing it wrong.

Reactions: j510

Febby

May 19, 2010
It sucks badly. The browser from the note2 works on it but the bookmarks tab crashes every now and Then.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

haloimplant

Aug 19, 2010
It seemed OK at first but the more I use it the more awful it seems.

It can't reflow text so you have either zoom out and read tiny text (the text size option helps a bit but not as good as reflow) or zoom in then scroll sideways back and forth. The f-ing SGS1 had this!

The window manager (ie. tab selector) thing takes forever to come up. Does anyone else have it refuse to come up at all? (sixftsix apparently) That happens to me about once a week.

Radukk

Jul 25, 2010
GS4 Stock browser is chrome based... which is not updated sloppy old chrome :( plus some airview/multiwindow support.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium

jgotti107

Sep 30, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I agree the browser does suck. I recently started using Lightning Browser and it is really fast compared to the stock one. I even got flash enabled although it isn't the best.

I downloaded Lightning Browser here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=acr.browser.barebones

I downloaded flash from here (uploaded by ashik992):

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1936895&d=1367734159

You do have to access the settings menu and enable flash after you install it.

I've only been using it about two days but I'm considering purchasing the paid version.

If you guys give it a shot let me know what you think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my button to view open tabs seems to go unresponsive occasionally. someone please tell me I am doing it wrong.