|*KERNEL*| *hells-Core* L/KK<test b80>18thJuly<b73 stable>21stApr[Q&A][DISCUSSION]

What is your opinion about the touch control feature

• Total voters
Search This thread

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
|*KERNEL*| *hells-Core* L/KK<test b80>18thJuly<b73 stable>21stApr[Q&A][DISCUSSION]

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

233680d1377019913-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_core_banner__02_white_by_r4yntv-d6iyvf9-klein.jpg

Hello fellas ! This is a thread for discussions, questions and answers

DOWNLOADS

mirror BOX

Kernel sources

CM 12.1: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4/commits/cm-12.1

Lollipop 5.1: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4/commits/l-mr1

AOSP: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/mr2-rebase

CM: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/cm-11-rebase

L: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/l-release

please check the 2nd , 3rd and the 4th post for some more info
thumb_light_bulb-13775B15D.gif

Starting with version b40 ( JSS, JWR and CM) the multiboot patch by Tasssadar has been applied so it can be successfully used for.

Change logs b65 onwards

(b81)
-temp threshold set to 70°C
-few commits from M
-updated toolchain

(b80)
-updated BFQ-reverted gpu patches to fix chrome issues-some little fs fixes-hellsCode from @Maxr1998

(b79)
-added back Franco`s input listener-added back Franco`s conservative
-added input boost logic to hellsactive

(b78)
-Reverted back to GCC 4.9.3 and reverted conservative changes, switched back to hellsactive.
-should be back to the state of b73 now, except updated faux sound, 5.1.1 commits from google and bfq I/O sched.

(b75)
-faux sound updated-hopefully screen freeze issue fixed

(b74) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60370527&postcount=10313(b73)-Merged a patch from stratosk to temporarly disable dt2w with the power key.
-Enable it with "echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/dt_wake_pwr_disable"
- If you use your power key to turn off the screen, dt2w will be disabled, until you turn it on with the power button again.

(b70)-compiled with UBERTC-build flags from shamu/hammerhead(b69)-some fixes from linux upstream (3.4.y)
-new build flag (floop-nest-optimize)
-rtmutex fixes-sched/nohz/irq/genirq improvements from linux mainline

(b66)
-Upstream changes from Linux upstream (refer to git)
-Some fixes for hellsactive/interactive-Removed boost framework from msm_mpdecision
-Added cpu-boost for input boost and thread migrations-Improved cpu-boost-Make scheduler aware of frequency state-writeback fixes-some other little things

(b68)
-misc kgsl updates from caf-disabled some debugging and tracing
-optimizazions for interactive and hellsactive-misc other little fixes for rq_stats and sched

(b65-L)
-Merged latest "L" commits-Merged some upstream stuff from my hh branch

Change logs - old kernels

as from b47 to b64 the kernel it is compatible ONLY with android 4.4.3/4/L

from b65 onwards the kernel works for L only

(b64)-Several ARM patches for suspend/cacheflush/MPU (little longer wakeup time from time to time - but a little less drain during sleep)-New build flags-kgsl: Wakeup only for touch events (to make sure the input event handler is called only for touch inputs)(b63)-kgsl upstream for using with the new drivers-UIO fixes(b60)reverted slimbus changescompiled with new boostedtcmisc fixes(b58)-smp fixes from upstream-mm, vmscan fixes from upstream-random fixes from upstream-smartmax is back!-memcpy optimizations for cortex A15 (i know we don't have a "real" A15, but lets test it)-lib: Use neon-vfpv(b57)-kthread fixes-sched/nohz fixes-tick fixes-cgroup fixes-slimbus controller from hammerhead-some improvement for the slimbus-msm_mpdecision: a tad more conservative, check-enabled sched_mc and cpupower-set fiops as default scheduler-set sched_mc = 2(b56)-merged some upstream fixes-reverted two cpuidle patches(b55)(b54)-New governor: hellsactive*-speedup late resume (faster wakeup)-ext4 patches-pm/bus patches to prevent reported crashes (feedback needed!)-some other little fixes here and there-compiled with boostedtc 4.9.2 by @aznrice2k4*hellsactive:-Based upon intelliactive-removed input boost (we have an input boost in the hotplug driver)-removed sync feature-removed sampling down factorFollowing was added:-Align timer windows for all CPUs*It's more advantageous to evaluate all CPUs at same time so that interactive governor gets a complete picture of the load on each CPU at a specific time. It could also reduce number of speed changes made if there are many CPUs controlled by same policy. In addition, waking up all CPUs at same time would allow the cluster to go into a deeper sleep state when it's idle.-Reset last evaluated jiffy in idle callback*When CPU has been busy for a long time, last evaluated jiffy will be quite behind because the timer would have been canceled. We don't want to schedule a timer to fire in the past as load will always be 100%. Reset last evaluated jiffy so that timer will be scheduled for thenext window.-Round up timer_rate to match jiffy*Timers are scheduled in unit of jiffies. Round up timer_rate so that it matches the actual sampling period.-Use del_timer/add_timer_on to rearm timers*Replace mod_timer_pinned() with del_timer(), add_timer_on(). mod_timer_pinned() always adds timer onto current CPU. Interactive governor expects each CPU's timers to be running on the same CPU. If cpufreq_interactive_timer_resched() is called from another CPU, the timer will be armed on the wrong CPU.Replacing mod_timer_pinned() with del_timer() and add_timer_on() guarantees timers are still run on the right CPU even if another CPU reschedules the timer. This would provide more flexibility for future changes.-Support variable frequency calculations**Use a threshold value up to which we are evaluating the current speed weighted by current load against each new choice of speed. Above switch to the original frequency calculation proportional to load relative to the max possible frequency which allows for more dynamic and fair changes.Default threshold is policy->min which guarantees minimal freqs and energy usage during (offloaded) media playback.Also, choose the highest frequency below or at target, which generally saves us one freq level.-Don't scale beyond min if the load is low***-Thread migration commit***http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55298804&postcount=7952I've just made some little changes on commits to suit my needs.credits:*CAF**myfluxi***franciscofranco(b53)-fixed cores getting stuck at input_boost if you've min 2 cores online: commit-updated msm_mpdecision with latest nexus 5 commits(b52)Compiled with Linaro 4.9.2-2014.08 by Christopher83New build flags from my hammerhead branch and @baromeCode is identical with b51. Just a newer toolchain and new build optimizations. Let's see if there are new stability issues. I think we've gained some little performance boost(b51)-Added some commits for the camera. We had some reports about reboots while using flash. Maybe there'll be less of them. I don't think I can fix them completely...-Removed some debugging-Some love for conservative governor (thx stratosk)-Added KERNEL_MODE_NEON-Changed some little things in the flags-Some little things here and there. Refer to git if you'd like to know it exactly (b50-test)-No problems occured, just merged some cool stuff :)-Merged backlight dimmer from stratosk-Added a ton of kgsl/adreno patches (L sources) and Franco`s interactive GPU governor-Added UIO Sharedmem (L sources)(b49-test)NO UNDERVLOTING ANYMORE , stock voltages by default Compiled with Linaro GCC-4.9.1 from Christopher83msm_mpdecision from showpintelliactive governor (default)ZEN scheduler (default)FIOPS schedulerMany many things under the hood (check git)Touch Wake (stratosk)DT2W (stratosk)and so on... ... ...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55061297&postcount=7579(b47-pre-release) STABLEMerged 4.4.3Update to Linux 3.4.93Linaro 4.9.1 from Christopher83IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!IF YOU COME FROM HELLSDOCTOR, PLEASE REFLASH YOUR ROM OR CLEAR YOUR INIT.D FOLDER!!! OTHERWAYS YOU'LL HAVE FC's LIKE HELL!(b46 test 4)-OOM Upstream to 3.14 from faux-S2W Fixes from AK-Linux 3.4.86(b44-45)-Upstream auf 3.4.84-Linaro 4.8.3 03.2014-Cpuidle Commit-futex Upstream updated-jbd2 commits optimized-LoUIS Cache-81mhz(b44 test t3)Lowest frequency 81 MHz Updated to linux 3.4.79Merged CM optimizations(b43)-Rebase auf 4.4.1 Sourcen-Linux 3.4.76-S2W/dt2w Port vom N5-faux sound 3.2-suspend_freq auf max angehoben-Kleine Fixes usw. siehe Git(b40)-Upstream from 3.4.65 auf 3.4.66-ca. 100+ SLAB/SLUB/SL[AU]B/mm... Commits-Module Support (for TouchControl)-Conservative GPU: Thresholds set slightly differently ( probably a little smoother when scrolling)-S2W Fix from fluxi-kexec Support (MultiROM)-3 epoll Commits from Upstream (b39)-Rebase auf CM/JSS/JWR Sources-Compiled with Linaro 4.8.2.09 Toolchain-Upstream from 3.4.65-O3 Support with Custom Build Flags-Conservative GPU Governor-msm_hotplug Hotplug Control (Tanks geht an fluxi)-dynamic fsync off

-=-=-

Thank you @hellsgod !
do you want to show gratitude ? donate to hellsgod HERE
all credits to him , i`m just a twitter :)
-=-=-
Thank you also to these awesome guys @aznrice2k4for his great toolchain
@faux123
@franciscofranco
@myfluxi
@stratosk
@ak
@flar2
@neobuddy89
@Christopher83
@show-p1984
@mrg666
hells-Core on G+
hells-Core kernel bloghells-Core kernel blog
banners
233112d1376855492t-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_banner_klein.png
233680d1377019932t-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_core_banner__02_white_by_r4yntv-d6iyvf9-klein.jpg

Last edited:

hellsgod

Oct 14, 2007
Earth
Q&A Game

Q: My kernel app tells me my min_freq is 918mhz. Why is that?
A: Its because of input boost. Your frequency will be boosted to 918mhz as soon as you touch your screen. It will be boosted for 1 second after touch. So you have smooth animations and no scrolling stutters.

Q: My device rebooted / didn woke up from deep sleep. What can I do to help you to find the cause?
A: Install "Syslog" from the Play Store and get me the "Last Kernel Log" or do it via terminal. You'll find the command one post under this.

Q: Will you add S2W/S2S again?
A: No. We're using dt2w from starosk now. If you want to use S2W with my kernel, clone my sources and add it by yourself.

Q: Why the cpu jumps to 1134mhz so ofter during idle?
A: Thats because we're using an interactive based governor. Interactive based governors jumps to hispeed_freq (1134mhz) if the load reaches 99%. Don't forget, even if you're doing nothing, you always have some background load. The lower you set your min_frequency, the faster it reaches 99% load and will jump to hispeed_freq more often.

Battery Profile:

I've made a battery profile for hot plug settings. Following is changed:

echo "20" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_0 = Threshold for cpu1 to kick in
echo "85" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_2 = Threshold for cpu2 to kick in
echo "10" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_3 = Threshold for cpu1 to kick out
echo "99" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_4 = Threshold for cpu3 to kick in
echo "45" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_5 = Threshold for cpu2 to kick out
echo "60" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_7 = Threshold for cpu3 to kick out

Most of the time you'll be running on dualcore mode (cpu0 and cpu1). If the load reaches a high level with both cores maxed out, the other cores kicks in and will go off again really quickly. The profile will be active after 90 seconds (counted from bootanimation) so your device boots up with full power first. It'll be stupid to limit it on bootup.

Balanced Profile:

echo "15" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_0
echo "35" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_2
echo "8" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_3
echo "55" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_4
echo "20" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_5
echo "40" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_7

Its a little less conservative than the battery profile and a little less aggressive than the default values. I've tried to make something in between. Try it and left a comment :)

Attachments

• battery-profile.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 4,429
  • balanced-profile.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,347
Last edited:

xanthrax

I will post here the most common issues , if any and a collection of tricks and tips based on all users experience , then will be easier for everyone to track them ;)
i will keep an eye on every post :cowboy:
-=-=-
Please have a look first at this thread
[Repository] [MakoStuff] [Nexus4 Tools] by @gorilla p

then >>> Troubleshooting Synapse

also >>> Installing Synapse and importing profiles

-=-=-
as from version b49 the kernel has been completely rebased therefore I will add below some new tips and tricks

- first check the change log from b49 onwards and also the discussion starts with that post

- the kernel isn`t undervolted anymore by default so , heating occurs due to stock voltages , I`m sure you know what to do then

- new dt2w by stratosk dropping the s2w/s2s feature

- some inputs here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55232079&postcount=7836
terminal command for dt2w
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/dt_wake_enabled
thanks @steviemch for heads up

- try this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55214263&postcount=7820 if you`re facing in call delay , thanks @eurochild
- fsync status
-=-=-
For those who wants to use the latest hellscore based on KK 4.4.2 on a ROM based on 4.4.3/4/L , here is a fix for loosing WIFI

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53132436&postcount=6487

new2.gif

-=-=-=-
and thanks to @themike10452 we have ...
Hellscore Kernel Manager
original thread here >>> http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/app-hellscore-kernel-tweaker-t2669442
playstore
Hellscore Kernel Manager
-=-=-=-

SCRIPT CREATOR
thanks @Maxr1998

hells-Core Init.d creator

-=-=-=-
Hells-Core kernel with OTG support for Nexus 4 KK
thanks @justvarshney

-=-=-=-
as some other kernels comes with their own ramdisk which will remain over after flashing hellsCore and an unpredictable negative impact on your phone stability may occur , i would recommend you to flash a STOCK KERNEL from below prior flashing

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.3 KTU84L >>> http://d-h.st/qxB

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H >>> http://d-h.st/W8P

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4 KRT16S >>> http://d-h.st/HwN

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4 >>> http://d-h.st/apv

Nexus 4 Stock 4.3 >>> http://d-h.st/TRC

Nexus 4 AOSP 4.3 >>> http://d-h.st/NuC
-=-=-=-
the recommended applications to control/modify the kernel are
Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
Faux123 Kernel Enhancement

-=-=-=-
to be used only for 4.3/1 kernels
doesn`t affect kk kernels , in case of a broken wifi , just re-dirty-flash your rom and then the kk kernel
dePRIMAtor

-=-=-=-
please provide logs in case of troubles
use the command below in terminal emulator to extract the last_kmsg in case of a sudden reboot

su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

-=-=-=-
A nice collection of terminal commands to manually modify the kernel settings as per your desire made by @shengovind
thanks pal ! ... i must write a song for him now ... oh well
To Set CPU Governor:

Su
echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor

NAME can be replaced by intellidemand, interactive, conservative, wheatley, ondemand, performance
Default is intellidemand. Changing NAME to conservative changes CPU governor to conservative

FOR SETTING GOVERNOR PARAMETERS:

First set governor then you will be able to edit these..
I do not know what each and every parameter does so these won’t help normal users’ and those who know what these mean will probably know how to edit these. But I’ve included them just because i had to …

INTELLIDEMAND :

echo "FREQUENCY" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boostfreq

Change FREQUENCY to required value of frequency. This is the frequency cpu is boosted to when screen is touched.

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boostpulse

not sure what this does and what the set of values are

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boosttime

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/down_differential

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_active_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_active_max_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_browser

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_inactive_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_inactive_max_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/optimal_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_rate_min

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sync_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/two_phase_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold_any_cpu_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold_multi_core

INTERACTIVE

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_high_speed_delay

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration

AFAIK this is the time for which cpu is boosted

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack

CONSERVATIVE

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/boostfreq
As told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/down_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/freq_step

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/up_threshold

WHEATLEY

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/allowed_misses

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/boostfreq

told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/target_residency

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/up_threshold

ONDEMAND:

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/boostfreq

told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/down_differential

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/optimal_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sync_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold_any_cpu_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold_multi_core

GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND MAKE SENSE OUT OF ALL THIS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

CHANGING GPU GOVERNOR

echo “GOVERNOR” > /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/policy

Change GOVERNOR to conservative, performance, simple, or ondemand.
echo "1" > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled

TO ACTIVATE DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE

echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

TO DEACTIVATE DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE

echo 0 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

TO ACTIVATE S2W

echo "1" > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

TO DEACTIVATE S2W

echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

BOOST ON TOUCH

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/cpus_boosted

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets number of cores to be boosted on touch,
Default is 2. Changing X to 4 boosts 4 cores on touch.

MINIMUM NUMBER OF CPUS ONLINE

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/min_cpus_online

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets number of cores to be online at all time,
Default is 1. Changing X to 2 makes sure 2 cores are online all the time.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CORES ONLINE

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/max_cpus_online

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets maximum number of cores that can go online,
Default is 4. Changing X to 2 makes sure your phone dual core.

MAXIMUM FREQUENCY WHEN SCREEN IS OFF

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/suspend_freq

X can take values 192000, 384000, 540000, 702000, 1026000, 1242000, 1350000, 1512000
Default is 702000. Changing X to 1026000 makes maximum frequency when screen is off to 1ghz

Someone tell how to set gamma manually... Thank you.
There might be a lot of mistakes, so try and correct them..

-=-=-
Color profiles scripts

by @mohitgalaxy3

Last edited:

xanthrax

How to take a kernel LOG after random reboot

an easy way to get the last-kmsg is by using the script below , thanks to @Maxr1998
GetLog
the log will be saved in a folder in your sdcard called Logs
run the script and the log will be there
original post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50436922&postcount=3234
-=-=-
Once in a while, a software bug in the kernel will cause a random reboot, so in order to help kernel developers to fix and troubleshoot the reboots, a kernel log need to be submitted to the developer for further analysis and hopefully lead to a bug fix.

Most Android Kernels have "RAM Consoles" to save the necessary kernel logs immediately after reboot in the RAM. *The users can then retrieve this RAM log on a subsequent reboot to submit to kernel developers.

[ Using ADB ]

adb shell
su
exit
exit
adb pull /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
open last_kmsg.txt using text editor of your choise
then copy the content
open web browser and go to pastebin.com
paste the content to pastebin.com
then send the developer the link to pastebin.com link

[ Using android terminal app ]
su
exit
exit
adb pull /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
open /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt using text app of your choise
then copy the content
paste the content to pastebin.com

[ Using Root Explorer / ES Explorer with Root ]
go to /proc folder
then copy last_kmsg to /sdcard/
rename last_kmsg to last_kmsg.txt
open last_kmsg.txt
copy the content
then copy the content to pastebin.com
-=-=-
Thank you https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+...g6p&sview=25&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1 aka... Faux

Last edited:

bhanumagotra

Jun 15, 2011
Jammu
WOW!! .... the day I install hellscore .. a Q&A and HELP thread is created ... Thanks @xanthrax for creating the thread...

here's my issue :

I've exprienced 4 reboots since I installed b39 version this afternoon.. I have attached the kmsg log ..

I installed this kernel over semaphore N4 1.7.1 without clearing any cache/dalvik cache ( cudnt find any installation instructions) .. I am on rooted stock ..

The reboots occured when i was charging the phone ..
View attachment last_kmsg.rar

Last edited:

FalenDemon

Mar 31, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
Xiaomi Mi 11
WOW!! .... the day I install hellscore .. a Q&A and HELP thread is created ... Thanks @xanthrax for creating the thread...

here's my issue :

I've exprienced 4 reboots since I installed b39 version this afternoon.. I have attached the kmsg log ..

I installed this kernel over semaphore N4 1.7.1 without clearing any cache/dalvik cache ( cudnt find any installation instructions) .. I am on rooted stock ..

View attachment 2345207

Davlik and cache should be wiped when u change kernel. Try reinstall it with proper wipes.

Reactions: bhanumagotra

xanthrax

here's my issue :

View attachment 2345207

tell us please which rom are you using , base and some kernel settings

Reactions: sachin.parmar100

bhanumagotra

Jun 15, 2011
Jammu
Davlik and cache should be wiped when u change kernel. Try reinstall it with proper wipes.

thanks ,.. I will wait for a few more hours before reflashing to see if any more reboots occur ..

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

tell us please which rom are you using , base and some kernel settings

ROM : Rooted Stock 4.3 JWR66Y

Kernel : hellscore b39 JWR build

Settings : CPU - 192 Mhz - 1242 Mhz
Governer : Intellidemand
GPU : 320 Mhz max
Undervolting : default settings

xanthrax

ROM : Rooted Stock 4.3 JWR66Y

Kernel : hellscore b39 JWR build

Settings : CPU - 192 Mhz - 1242 Mhz
Governer : Intellidemand
GPU : 320 Mhz max
Undervolting : default settings

ok then , i would suggest you to update to the latest b40 JWR
if you`re using any tweak kernel app , uninstall it first and then flash the new kernel
-=-=-
also , a 1242 MHz freq seems to be a little bit too low if you are using the phone for games , heavy games ... 1350 would be better i guess
and lets see what hellsgod says about your last_kmsg , i`m sure he will pop up in here soon :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012

Thanks , you are so quick man.... appreciated...

I used to wipe before flashing the kernel... :p

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Some blogs & post here are saying that we should wipe dalvic before flashing kernel or anything.

xanthrax

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Some blogs & post here are saying that we should wipe dalvic before flashing kernel or anything.

anyway , you can do it both , before and after , won`t harm at all , but , you know what ? i NEVER wipe cache or dalvik when flashing kernels ... :cowboy:

Reactions: RohanM

xanthrax

please follow the template found here fellow RC: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474979
also, post that you made a Q&A thread of that kernel.

thank you.

thanks mate ! i`ll request that to a moderator even though a moderator suggested me to post it here ...
Hey

You've got several options here:
1) Open a discussion thread in general section (translated OP if possible), say that it is his work and (if he's fine with it) post the DL links together with the github link. Also include a link to the german thread
2) You create the (dev) thread for him and ask mods to give the thread to him (basically you create his thread), and also include all needed information like sources, ...
3) You open a Q&A thread about the kernel, provide all needed infos in it and wait for him to create the OP

Also, what does he need permissions for? He can open a dev thread at any time

If you need/want further information, just ask
... and i chosen the first option ...

Reactions: Chromium

OhDae-su

Aug 14, 2013
what about wiping cache/dalvik cache ... and do i have to install stock kernel first??

here's my issue :

View attachment 2345207

Ok guys, let me jump in... :)
Flashing a kernel doesn't need any wipes!
Switching custom kernels that are using anykernel updater (which Semaphore and Hellscore do) usually needs a dirty flash of the current rom...reference:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45374233&postcount=3186

Or, in your case you can also flash the stock kernel which gives you the same result as dirty flash. link to stock flashable kernel (the JWR66Y one):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2381128

Also, as @xanthrax stated disable or better uninstall any kernel tweaking apps before you flash a different kernel. And leave the kernel settings by default to see if you're getting any reboots or not. If not you can tweak it step by step. Though Hells mentioned more than once that his kernel is a flash-and-forget-one...so, usually there's no further tweaking needed. But you can :)

regards

carepack

Sep 21, 2010

is 192MHz default value or have you set it?

I can remember that too low frequency can cause problems!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

233680d1377019913-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_core_banner__02_white_by_r4yntv-d6iyvf9-klein.jpg

Hello fellas ! This is a thread for discussions, questions and answers

DOWNLOADS

mirror BOX

Kernel sources

CM 12.1: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4/commits/cm-12.1

Lollipop 5.1: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4/commits/l-mr1

AOSP: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/mr2-rebase

CM: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/cm-11-rebase

L: https://github.com/hellsgod/kernel_msm/commits/l-release

please check the 2nd , 3rd and the 4th post for some more info
    thumb_light_bulb-13775B15D.gif

Starting with version b40 ( JSS, JWR and CM) the multiboot patch by Tasssadar has been applied so it can be successfully used for.

Change logs b65 onwards

(b81)
    -temp threshold set to 70°C
    -few commits from M
    -updated toolchain

(b80)
    -updated BFQ-reverted gpu patches to fix chrome issues-some little fs fixes-hellsCode from @Maxr1998

(b79)
    -added back Franco`s input listener-added back Franco`s conservative
    -added input boost logic to hellsactive

(b78)
    -Reverted back to GCC 4.9.3 and reverted conservative changes, switched back to hellsactive.
    -should be back to the state of b73 now, except updated faux sound, 5.1.1 commits from google and bfq I/O sched.

(b75)
    -faux sound updated-hopefully screen freeze issue fixed

(b74) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60370527&postcount=10313(b73)-Merged a patch from stratosk to temporarly disable dt2w with the power key.
    -Enable it with "echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/dt_wake_pwr_disable"
    - If you use your power key to turn off the screen, dt2w will be disabled, until you turn it on with the power button again.

(b70)-compiled with UBERTC-build flags from shamu/hammerhead(b69)-some fixes from linux upstream (3.4.y)
    -new build flag (floop-nest-optimize)
    -rtmutex fixes-sched/nohz/irq/genirq improvements from linux mainline

(b66)
    -Upstream changes from Linux upstream (refer to git)
    -Some fixes for hellsactive/interactive-Removed boost framework from msm_mpdecision
    -Added cpu-boost for input boost and thread migrations-Improved cpu-boost-Make scheduler aware of frequency state-writeback fixes-some other little things

(b68)
    -misc kgsl updates from caf-disabled some debugging and tracing
    -optimizazions for interactive and hellsactive-misc other little fixes for rq_stats and sched

(b65-L)
    -Merged latest "L" commits-Merged some upstream stuff from my hh branch

Change logs - old kernels

as from b47 to b64 the kernel it is compatible ONLY with android 4.4.3/4/L

from b65 onwards the kernel works for L only

(b64)-Several ARM patches for suspend/cacheflush/MPU (little longer wakeup time from time to time - but a little less drain during sleep)-New build flags-kgsl: Wakeup only for touch events (to make sure the input event handler is called only for touch inputs)(b63)-kgsl upstream for using with the new drivers-UIO fixes(b60)reverted slimbus changescompiled with new boostedtcmisc fixes(b58)-smp fixes from upstream-mm, vmscan fixes from upstream-random fixes from upstream-smartmax is back!-memcpy optimizations for cortex A15 (i know we don't have a "real" A15, but lets test it)-lib: Use neon-vfpv(b57)-kthread fixes-sched/nohz fixes-tick fixes-cgroup fixes-slimbus controller from hammerhead-some improvement for the slimbus-msm_mpdecision: a tad more conservative, check-enabled sched_mc and cpupower-set fiops as default scheduler-set sched_mc = 2(b56)-merged some upstream fixes-reverted two cpuidle patches(b55)(b54)-New governor: hellsactive*-speedup late resume (faster wakeup)-ext4 patches-pm/bus patches to prevent reported crashes (feedback needed!)-some other little fixes here and there-compiled with boostedtc 4.9.2 by @aznrice2k4*hellsactive:-Based upon intelliactive-removed input boost (we have an input boost in the hotplug driver)-removed sync feature-removed sampling down factorFollowing was added:-Align timer windows for all CPUs*It's more advantageous to evaluate all CPUs at same time so that interactive governor gets a complete picture of the load on each CPU at a specific time. It could also reduce number of speed changes made if there are many CPUs controlled by same policy. In addition, waking up all CPUs at same time would allow the cluster to go into a deeper sleep state when it's idle.-Reset last evaluated jiffy in idle callback*When CPU has been busy for a long time, last evaluated jiffy will be quite behind because the timer would have been canceled. We don't want to schedule a timer to fire in the past as load will always be 100%. Reset last evaluated jiffy so that timer will be scheduled for thenext window.-Round up timer_rate to match jiffy*Timers are scheduled in unit of jiffies. Round up timer_rate so that it matches the actual sampling period.-Use del_timer/add_timer_on to rearm timers*Replace mod_timer_pinned() with del_timer(), add_timer_on(). mod_timer_pinned() always adds timer onto current CPU. Interactive governor expects each CPU's timers to be running on the same CPU. If cpufreq_interactive_timer_resched() is called from another CPU, the timer will be armed on the wrong CPU.Replacing mod_timer_pinned() with del_timer() and add_timer_on() guarantees timers are still run on the right CPU even if another CPU reschedules the timer. This would provide more flexibility for future changes.-Support variable frequency calculations**Use a threshold value up to which we are evaluating the current speed weighted by current load against each new choice of speed. Above switch to the original frequency calculation proportional to load relative to the max possible frequency which allows for more dynamic and fair changes.Default threshold is policy->min which guarantees minimal freqs and energy usage during (offloaded) media playback.Also, choose the highest frequency below or at target, which generally saves us one freq level.-Don't scale beyond min if the load is low***-Thread migration commit***http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55298804&postcount=7952I've just made some little changes on commits to suit my needs.credits:*CAF**myfluxi***franciscofranco(b53)-fixed cores getting stuck at input_boost if you've min 2 cores online: commit-updated msm_mpdecision with latest nexus 5 commits(b52)Compiled with Linaro 4.9.2-2014.08 by Christopher83New build flags from my hammerhead branch and @baromeCode is identical with b51. Just a newer toolchain and new build optimizations. Let's see if there are new stability issues. I think we've gained some little performance boost(b51)-Added some commits for the camera. We had some reports about reboots while using flash. Maybe there'll be less of them. I don't think I can fix them completely...-Removed some debugging-Some love for conservative governor (thx stratosk)-Added KERNEL_MODE_NEON-Changed some little things in the flags-Some little things here and there. Refer to git if you'd like to know it exactly (b50-test)-No problems occured, just merged some cool stuff :)-Merged backlight dimmer from stratosk-Added a ton of kgsl/adreno patches (L sources) and Franco`s interactive GPU governor-Added UIO Sharedmem (L sources)(b49-test)NO UNDERVLOTING ANYMORE , stock voltages by default Compiled with Linaro GCC-4.9.1 from Christopher83msm_mpdecision from showpintelliactive governor (default)ZEN scheduler (default)FIOPS schedulerMany many things under the hood (check git)Touch Wake (stratosk)DT2W (stratosk)and so on... ... ...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55061297&postcount=7579(b47-pre-release) STABLEMerged 4.4.3Update to Linux 3.4.93Linaro 4.9.1 from Christopher83IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!IF YOU COME FROM HELLSDOCTOR, PLEASE REFLASH YOUR ROM OR CLEAR YOUR INIT.D FOLDER!!! OTHERWAYS YOU'LL HAVE FC's LIKE HELL!(b46 test 4)-OOM Upstream to 3.14 from faux-S2W Fixes from AK-Linux 3.4.86(b44-45)-Upstream auf 3.4.84-Linaro 4.8.3 03.2014-Cpuidle Commit-futex Upstream updated-jbd2 commits optimized-LoUIS Cache-81mhz(b44 test t3)Lowest frequency 81 MHz Updated to linux 3.4.79Merged CM optimizations(b43)-Rebase auf 4.4.1 Sourcen-Linux 3.4.76-S2W/dt2w Port vom N5-faux sound 3.2-suspend_freq auf max angehoben-Kleine Fixes usw. siehe Git(b40)-Upstream from 3.4.65 auf 3.4.66-ca. 100+ SLAB/SLUB/SL[AU]B/mm... Commits-Module Support (for TouchControl)-Conservative GPU: Thresholds set slightly differently ( probably a little smoother when scrolling)-S2W Fix from fluxi-kexec Support (MultiROM)-3 epoll Commits from Upstream (b39)-Rebase auf CM/JSS/JWR Sources-Compiled with Linaro 4.8.2.09 Toolchain-Upstream from 3.4.65-O3 Support with Custom Build Flags-Conservative GPU Governor-msm_hotplug Hotplug Control (Tanks geht an fluxi)-dynamic fsync off

-=-=-

Thank you @hellsgod !
    do you want to show gratitude ? donate to hellsgod HERE
    all credits to him , i`m just a twitter :)
    -=-=-
    Thank you also to these awesome guys @aznrice2k4for his great toolchain
    @faux123
    @franciscofranco
    @myfluxi
    @stratosk
    @ak
    @flar2
    @neobuddy89
    @Christopher83
    @show-p1984
    @mrg666
    hells-Core on G+
    hells-Core kernel bloghells-Core kernel blog
    banners
    233112d1376855492t-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_banner_klein.png
    233680d1377019932t-kernel-jb-jss15j-jwr66v-cm-hells-core-b40-21-10-2013-hells_core_banner__02_white_by_r4yntv-d6iyvf9-klein.jpg
    Q&A Game

Q: My kernel app tells me my min_freq is 918mhz. Why is that?
    A: Its because of input boost. Your frequency will be boosted to 918mhz as soon as you touch your screen. It will be boosted for 1 second after touch. So you have smooth animations and no scrolling stutters.

Q: My device rebooted / didn woke up from deep sleep. What can I do to help you to find the cause?
    A: Install "Syslog" from the Play Store and get me the "Last Kernel Log" or do it via terminal. You'll find the command one post under this.

Q: Will you add S2W/S2S again?
    A: No. We're using dt2w from starosk now. If you want to use S2W with my kernel, clone my sources and add it by yourself.

Q: Why the cpu jumps to 1134mhz so ofter during idle?
    A: Thats because we're using an interactive based governor. Interactive based governors jumps to hispeed_freq (1134mhz) if the load reaches 99%. Don't forget, even if you're doing nothing, you always have some background load. The lower you set your min_frequency, the faster it reaches 99% load and will jump to hispeed_freq more often.

Battery Profile:

I've made a battery profile for hot plug settings. Following is changed:

echo "20" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_0 = Threshold for cpu1 to kick in
    echo "85" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_2 = Threshold for cpu2 to kick in
    echo "10" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_3 = Threshold for cpu1 to kick out
    echo "99" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_4 = Threshold for cpu3 to kick in
    echo "45" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_5 = Threshold for cpu2 to kick out
    echo "60" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_7 = Threshold for cpu3 to kick out

Most of the time you'll be running on dualcore mode (cpu0 and cpu1). If the load reaches a high level with both cores maxed out, the other cores kicks in and will go off again really quickly. The profile will be active after 90 seconds (counted from bootanimation) so your device boots up with full power first. It'll be stupid to limit it on bootup.

Balanced Profile:

echo "15" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_0
    echo "35" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_2
    echo "8" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_3
    echo "55" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_4
    echo "20" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_5
    echo "40" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/nwns_threshold_7

Its a little less conservative than the battery profile and a little less aggressive than the default values. I've tried to make something in between. Try it and left a comment :)
    Finally after some days with my N5 kernel I've found time to compile a new kernel for our beloved N4 :) I've called it b44, because it should be the final b44. It was long enough in a test stadium... One thing I still have to do, is hardcode 192mhz as min freq, because some device won't boot, even if 192mhz is defined as min freq in the script. But the script will be executed some seconds later, so the device will spend very short time on 81mhz.

The kernel isn't public yet on dev-host. I've just added some things, compiled and it booted fine. Flash only if you know what you're doing!

AOSP

CM

Changelog:

-Linaro 02.2014
    -Linux 3.4.82
    -Kernel Mode NEON
    -futex Changes from upstream (faux123)
    -Some other things (=

I,ve played around with the N4 in the last few days and I don't see the need to add new governors atm (like intelliactive). intellidemand does exactly what I want it to do. I don't want to add a new governor, only because its around there.

Feedback is welcome, as always :) If I've forgot something to add I said I'll add in this one, please let me know :)

Aaaand good night (it's 05:46 AM here...)

hells
    I will post here the most common issues , if any and a collection of tricks and tips based on all users experience , then will be easier for everyone to track them ;)
    i will keep an eye on every post :cowboy:
    -=-=-
    Please have a look first at this thread
    [Repository] [MakoStuff] [Nexus4 Tools] by @gorilla p

then >>> Troubleshooting Synapse

also >>> Installing Synapse and importing profiles

-=-=-
    as from version b49 the kernel has been completely rebased therefore I will add below some new tips and tricks

- first check the change log from b49 onwards and also the discussion starts with that post

- the kernel isn`t undervolted anymore by default so , heating occurs due to stock voltages , I`m sure you know what to do then

- new dt2w by stratosk dropping the s2w/s2s feature

- some inputs here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55232079&postcount=7836
    terminal command for dt2w
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/dt_wake_enabled
    thanks @steviemch for heads up

- try this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55214263&postcount=7820 if you`re facing in call delay , thanks @eurochild
    - fsync status
    -=-=-
    For those who wants to use the latest hellscore based on KK 4.4.2 on a ROM based on 4.4.3/4/L , here is a fix for loosing WIFI

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53132436&postcount=6487

new2.gif

-=-=-=-
    and thanks to @themike10452 we have ...
    Hellscore Kernel Manager
    original thread here >>> http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/app-hellscore-kernel-tweaker-t2669442
    playstore
    Hellscore Kernel Manager
    -=-=-=-

SCRIPT CREATOR
    thanks @Maxr1998

hells-Core Init.d creator

-=-=-=-
    Hells-Core kernel with OTG support for Nexus 4 KK
    thanks @justvarshney

-=-=-=-
    as some other kernels comes with their own ramdisk which will remain over after flashing hellsCore and an unpredictable negative impact on your phone stability may occur , i would recommend you to flash a STOCK KERNEL from below prior flashing

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.3 KTU84L >>> http://d-h.st/qxB

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H >>> http://d-h.st/W8P

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4 KRT16S >>> http://d-h.st/HwN

Nexus 4 Stock 4.4 >>> http://d-h.st/apv

Nexus 4 Stock 4.3 >>> http://d-h.st/TRC

Nexus 4 AOSP 4.3 >>> http://d-h.st/NuC
    -=-=-=-
    the recommended applications to control/modify the kernel are
    Trickster MOD Kernel Settings
    Faux123 Kernel Enhancement

-=-=-=-
    to be used only for 4.3/1 kernels
    doesn`t affect kk kernels , in case of a broken wifi , just re-dirty-flash your rom and then the kk kernel
    dePRIMAtor

-=-=-=-
    please provide logs in case of troubles
    use the command below in terminal emulator to extract the last_kmsg in case of a sudden reboot

su

-=-=-=-
    A nice collection of terminal commands to manually modify the kernel settings as per your desire made by @shengovind
    thanks pal ! ... i must write a song for him now ... oh well
    To Set CPU Governor:

Su
    echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo "NAME" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_governor

NAME can be replaced by intellidemand, interactive, conservative, wheatley, ondemand, performance
    Default is intellidemand. Changing NAME to conservative changes CPU governor to conservative

FOR SETTING GOVERNOR PARAMETERS:

First set governor then you will be able to edit these..
    I do not know what each and every parameter does so these won’t help normal users’ and those who know what these mean will probably know how to edit these. But I’ve included them just because i had to …

INTELLIDEMAND :

echo "FREQUENCY" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boostfreq

Change FREQUENCY to required value of frequency. This is the frequency cpu is boosted to when screen is touched.

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boostpulse

not sure what this does and what the set of values are

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/boosttime

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/down_differential

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_active_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_active_max_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_browser

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_inactive_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/lmf_inactive_max_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/optimal_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sampling_rate_min

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/sync_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/two_phase_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold_any_cpu_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/intellidemand/up_threshold_multi_core

INTERACTIVE

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_high_speed_delay

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration

AFAIK this is the time for which cpu is boosted

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack

CONSERVATIVE

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/boostfreq
    As told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/down_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/freq_step

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/up_threshold

WHEATLEY

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/allowed_misses

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/boostfreq

told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/target_residency

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/wheatley/up_threshold

ONDEMAND:

echo "FREQ" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/boostfreq

told above

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/down_differential

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/ignore_nice_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/io_is_busy

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/optimal_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_down_factor

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sync_freq

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold_any_cpu_load

echo "??" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold_multi_core

GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND MAKE SENSE OUT OF ALL THIS: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

CHANGING GPU GOVERNOR

echo “GOVERNOR” > /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/pwrscale/policy

Change GOVERNOR to conservative, performance, simple, or ondemand.
    echo "1" > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled

TO ACTIVATE DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE

echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

TO DEACTIVATE DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE

echo 0 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

TO ACTIVATE S2W

echo "1" > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

TO DEACTIVATE S2W

echo "0" > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

BOOST ON TOUCH

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/cpus_boosted

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets number of cores to be boosted on touch,
    Default is 2. Changing X to 4 boosts 4 cores on touch.

MINIMUM NUMBER OF CPUS ONLINE

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/min_cpus_online

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets number of cores to be online at all time,
    Default is 1. Changing X to 2 makes sure 2 cores are online all the time.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CORES ONLINE

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/max_cpus_online

X can be replaced by 1,2,3 or 4 . This sets maximum number of cores that can go online,
    Default is 4. Changing X to 2 makes sure your phone dual core.

MAXIMUM FREQUENCY WHEN SCREEN IS OFF

echo "X" > /sys/module/msm_hotplug/suspend_freq

X can take values 192000, 384000, 540000, 702000, 1026000, 1242000, 1350000, 1512000
    Default is 702000. Changing X to 1026000 makes maximum frequency when screen is off to 1ghz

Someone tell how to set gamma manually... Thank you.
    There might be a lot of mistakes, so try and correct them..

-=-=-
    Color profiles scripts

by @mohitgalaxy3
    Dear fellas, I would like to introduce you to... Well, I can't say more uploadfromtaptalk1410293417512.jpg
    I just couldn't resist

Sent from my Darkside of LG G2