[Q] G2 802 Screen doesnt show anything [HELP]

Search This thread

WPG2

May 27, 2014
MSK
Hello everyone,

I got this problem with my LG G2 that it fell in the water once, I directly put off the phone. (It was still intact after falling in water).
Later I turned it on but the screen did not show up. Sound works, Vibration works, TOUCH screen works (no graphical stuff) and even if I call my self with another phone the LG goes off, vibrates, plays the ringtone and everything.

I sent my phone to Dynafix which is the repair center, they said it's not available for warranty, because its water damage and they declared the phone as "Unrecoverable". Which I think is pretty weird. I have thought of repairing it myself by buying and new LCD and Digitalizer.
(w w w . etradesupply . com/lg-g2-d800-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly.html)

I have never done that though but with a good tutorial on YouTube and the right tools I should be able to do it. But before I take any action which may not work I want more info about this problem.

I made a video of my phone but can't post any links here, the name is: "LG G2 screen doesnt go on? [HELP!]"

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Don't waste your time or money on this. If it was completely immersed in water, it is in fact unrecoverable. The water might not have an effect on the device the first couple of hours, but after a short while it will corrode it's way trough the device, rendering it useless. The repair center won't touch it because they know that no matter what they do, there is a huge risk that the corrosion will come back. You're better off with a new device.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WPG2

May 27, 2014
MSK
Really?

Don't waste your time or money on this. If it was completely immersed in water, it is in fact unrecoverable. The water might not have an effect on the device the first couple of hours, but after a short while it will corrode it's way trough the device, rendering it useless. The repair center won't touch it because they know that no matter what they do, there is a huge risk that the corrosion will come back. You're better off with a new device.

The phone in on the charger and on, Everyday I still hear sounds and such. The phone hasnt been in water more then 1 sec though. And afterwards I left it drying in dry rice for 1 week. I know i am a bit selfish but I think there could be a chance of making it work.
The phone comes with a subscription for 2 years and it's not even a year old ;/

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net

Not exactly the same but a friend was skipping lessons at school when we were like 10 (10ish years ago) and using Gameboy Advance SP in the toilets... you can guess what happened... Any way i took it apart and left it in a closet for a few days, gave it back to him fully working after. So it's not necessarily un-fixable.

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The phone in on the charger and on, Everyday I still hear sounds and such. The phone hasnt been in water more then 1 sec though. And afterwards I left it drying in dry rice for 1 week. I know i am a bit selfish but I think there could be a chance of making it work.
The phone comes with a subscription for 2 years and it's not even a year old ;/

How fast until you took it apart? Also, did he remove the batteries quickly after water exposure? I'll bet that's not the case with the phone here...

WPG2

May 27, 2014
MSK
Didn't remove battery, just the back cover

How fast until you took it apart? Also, did he remove the batteries quickly after water exposure? I'll bet that's not the case with the phone here...

Well yeah, I just turned it off got the back cover off but not got the battery out. and let it dry.
Is there any way to acces the phone's screen through my PC? The phone is rooted.

WPG2

May 27, 2014
MSK
Fixed the phone!

I removed the main board from the phone and brushed the connections with a toothbrush. Re-assembled the phone and it worked!
The only money I spent is for a plastic opening tool and a philips screwdriver.

pho . to/5mF1y <- link for pics

Last edited: