[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Note10, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

TODI1111

Jan 5, 2013
That would be very good. Almost all that's missing. I mean, additional colors or color picker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-162105_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-162105_Settings.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 430
Reactions: wepa
@Jawomo just have one issue running the newest beta (LOVE the battery charging/charged notification BTW. It's ridiculous how happy it makes me. ).

Any way...my issue:

When I'm in landscape mode, such as watching a YouTube video, charging my phone on a stand, etc the notification ring appears on the edge of the screen (which is the top in landscape), instead of around the camera cutout. I attached a screen shot where you can see what I'm talking about.

Like I said, it occurs in YouTube, and even with the screen off and just charging. I use the photo frame screen saver while charging and even on the screen saver, the notification is on the edge of the phone, not around the camera.

I do have a few requests/suggestions. And I completely understand it's easier to ask for things than it is to make them happen. I'm no developer, just an end-user. I just don't want to sound demanding. And I've used a couple notification ring apps, so if I suggest something that your app is already capable of, I apologise. Sometimes I get the apps mixed up.

Is there any way to make it an option to ignore notifications in video apps? I know that's probably a little more complicated. But if I'm watching Netflix or YouTube, I have to pause, swipe down and swipe away, and then go back to my video.

And last request. I know you've introduced a system where if I have multiple notifications and I clear one, the color switches to the next app notification. Anyway to take that one step further and have them actively cycle? Let's say I have active notifications from eBay, Outlook, and Gmail. Would it be possible for the ring to cycle through all three colors?

Yellow flash (spin or whatever), Blue flash, Red flash, repeat. Then as I clear notifications, the color disappears from the cycle. As of now, if I look at my phone, and I see just a red ring, I think it's just a Gmail notification, but I don't know that there's also an Outlook or text notification as well. You could still have the charging notification going and just have it cycle with the other colors.

Again, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the app and will be giving it 5 stars on the Play store. I never buy apps, but I don't regret paying for the pro version of your app at all. Thank you again!

Attachments

• 20190912_171145.jpg
    20190912_171145.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_20190911-160800_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190911-160800_YouTube.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Stanislav.K

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

So yesterday I get an pro version (this app is getting better and better). I have just a little question. When i receive any app notification, led diod around camera is working for just few seconds. I know, I can set the time for how long I want to, but is there big change of screen burn in?

Last edited:

djchiments

Jul 4, 2014
Still following this thread. Glad to see all the improvements. I still don't have the September update on my Vzw Note10+ but I was hoping for a small UI change??

Instead of radio buttons for the screen edge or camera ring effect - could those just be toggle switches just like the thumbprint ring?

I did buy the pro version, thank you.

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
I have a question, or more of an issue. I use the app, all is fine, only the AOD part, no lighting. I have it set within the app as "Tap to show". From time to time, I dont understand what happens, but the phone's AOD activates and changes to "Always show", and I have to change it back manually, which is very annoying.
Anyone experienced this? Whats it about?

freezingpoint

May 24, 2013
Melbourne
I have a question, or more of an issue. I use the app, all is fine, only the AOD part, no lighting. I have it set within the app as "Tap to show". From time to time, I dont understand what happens, but the phone's AOD activates and changes to "Always show", and I have to change it back manually, which is very annoying.
Anyone experienced this? Whats it about?

This happens to me during wireless charging. It is set to tap to show but when a notification comes and I clear it, the AOD becomes always on on its own. After removing it from charger it goes back to tap to show. A bit annoying but not the end of the world for me

copenhagen

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 21, 2005
inside the Grid
This worked for me....

Find screen saver settings and turn it on. Choose Google photos but don't actually configure any additional settings.

Now I get a black screen when charging (if charging text shows up .. toggle screen on but let it time out again). I get a black aod wallpaper (no need to install any other apps to get that pure black aod). AND the notification icon is around the camera (not moved down below it - rogers.hasnt pushed their Sept update yet).

Finally working exactly the way I like it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-140116_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-140116_Settings.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 370

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy Note10? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy Note10! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy Note10!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Next update will have an exciting new option to hide the AOD, so only the lighting effect will be visible :)

Stay tuned, coming soon...
    NOTE10+ IMPORTANT NOTE::
    Its currently not possible to show edge lighting above the camera when the screen is off on Note10+.
    Because of this edge lighting is displayed below the camera. Working on a fix.
    This does not happen on normal Note10, only on Note10+
    With latest Samsung september software update the Note10+ bug is finally fixed!!

Compatibility modes can be disabled if you have september update installed.