Diztronic Matte Black TPU case Review and Picture

Search This thread

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Ordered mine Friday night from the Diztronic website and received it today. I have used these cases in the past but I had ordered some other ones due to them being available before I even got the phone.

I had a Ringke Slim case and for someone who is looking for a little protection, this is the case to get. It is the slimmest thing I have ever seen but it does not cover the top and bottom of the device. It only covered the corners and back. It also looked really good on the device but it still made me nervous while handling the phone.

I then tried a Cimo S-Line TPU case and it was not good at all. It was to big on the sides, was a little bulky and had a little weight to it.

Now after putting on the Diztronic TPU case I must say it has hot the perfect spot. It fits like a glove, seems to be pretty light, looks really good and offers a nice amount of protection. I never owned 3 cases for the same phone but I felt the Nexus 5 needed to have the perfect case. lol

Anyway, for people who do not like cases at all and usually go naked, I totally recommend the Ringke Slim. It actually adds to the sexiness of the N5 and adds absolutely no bulk or weight and still offers a little bit of protection and piece of mind...

FreakishCrawdad

Nov 7, 2013
Does this case feels like the soft black of the phone? How is it with fingerprints?

The phone matches the soft black fairly well, fits like a glove, and compared to other cases almost seems as though nothing is on it (although haven't tried them all).

I have picked this case up with olive oil on my hands from prepping food, and I felt like it did fairly well at hiding the oils until I got a wet cloth to wipe it down. Minimal shine to the oily fingerprints, and regular fingerprints rarely show up and are barely there when they do.

Reactions: unciviilized

unciviilized

Sep 27, 2011
TEXAS
The phone matches the soft black fairly well, fits like a glove, and compared to other cases almost seems as though nothing is on it (although haven't tried them all).

I have picked this case up with olive oil on my hands from prepping food, and I felt like it did fairly well at hiding the oils until I got a wet cloth to wipe it down. Minimal shine to the oily fingerprints, and regular fingerprints rarely show up and are barely there when they do.

Ah glad i ordered it then.. Looks like the perfect case for me then.. Thanks for responding..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
whoa, is diztronic adding lips to separate the glossy front and matte back now? that looks so bad. i was a fan of their galaxy nexus case when i had one though.

muriani

Nov 3, 2009
Great review. Got mine a couple of days ago, and couldn't be happier.
I had a Diztronic case for my One S (dropped the thing twice, cracked screen both times before casing) and loved it.
When I got the N5, I *knew* I needed to get a TPU case, and sure enough Diztronic stepped up with a good one. Love the front lip to protect the screen, and the thickness on the back just enough to keep the camera lens off the table.
It really looks like a first-party case, like the N5 was almost designed around it. Couldn't recommend it more.

Momotani-Hitoshi

Nov 23, 2013
It cover none of the viewable screen

Sent from my Nexus 5

But it still covers some parts of the glass right?

93741d1385313439t-diztronic-matte-back-black-tpu-case-lg-nexus-5-photo-2.jpg

Looks like it covers a good portion of the bezel on the side.

FirstROMQuantum

Dec 1, 2013
Depending on the area the screen protector covers the phone. If it covers to the edge, then the case should rest on top of the protector with no damage. You would probably want to have a nice space buffer between the rim of the case and the screen protector though. You can always whip out an Xacto Knife and a ruler if modifications are needed. (worst case scenario).

fcng

Oct 24, 2010
Diztronic is too tight....

In that case, are screen protectors any good with this case? I'm afraid that the case would push up the screen protector from the sides.

I ordered mine and delivered to Hong Kong. Well, your screen protector must be trimmed down and fitted within the border of the case and there will be no lift of the screen protector. The Diztronic is just too tight of a fit with a screen protector. Find a smaller screen protector that won't fit the entire screen then you will be ok. I just purchased a Spigen Neo Hybrid and everything was perfect with no trimmed screen protector. I still like the Diztronic feel in the hand but there has to be alterations to your screen protector to fit the TPU case properly. Sad but true.

Paradoxx123

Dec 30, 2012
I was wondering if the button feedback of this case was "clicky" and whether or not anyone has had any experience with this case and the Unicorn Beetle case and which one is recommended?

ComposMentis

Sep 12, 2007
Got mine on Friday and it's a fantastic case. There is a rough corner from the injection molding, but nothing I can't deal with. The case fits extremely well for a semi-soft case. Like somebody else said, this case feels like it was made by LG.. it fits that well. I don't have to gingerly set my phone down anymore. I don't plan on drop testing it any time soon :) so I can't speak to its protection during a drop.

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
Got mine on Friday and it's a fantastic case. There is a rough corner from the injection molding, but nothing I can't deal with. The case fits extremely well for a semi-soft case. Like somebody else said, this case feels like it was made by LG.. it fits that well. I don't have to gingerly set my phone down anymore. I don't plan on drop testing it any time soon :) so I can't speak to its protection during a drop.

glad you like the case!

GoatsTech

Dec 1, 2013
plus.google.com
whoa, is diztronic adding lips to separate the glossy front and matte back now? that looks so bad. i was a fan of their galaxy nexus case when i had one though.

I agree I do not like how most of the case is matte but the lip protecting the screen is gloss. It is a very nice case I owned one for my S3, but yeah I don't think I would get it again due to that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
I agree I do not like how most of the case is matte but the lip protecting the screen is gloss. It is a very nice case I owned one for my S3, but yeah I don't think I would get it again due to that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

WOW... that little thing is a deal breaker?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just got he Diztronic Case for my new Nexus 5 today and here's my thoughts on it. I've been a Diztronic case user for sometime now; had it on previous devices such as my S3. One thing I love about Diztronic is that they are more substance than flash when it comes to their cases.

Packaging:

One thing you will notice when you get the packaging is that, well there isn't much to say as its in a plastic wrap, with a cardboard cutout placeholder for your phone. They spent the money were it needs to go; on the case itself.

attachment.php

Build Quality/Design

As expected from Diztronic, the case is a built top notch using a soft but firm flexible TPU material. It has a two tone appearance where the edge/frame is a shiny glossy black (along with the Diztronic logo on the back) where the rest of the case is a soft grippy matte black on the back and sides. A thing to point out is the nice feel the matte finish has. It almost feels like the Nexus 5 back without a case. It just feels good. One thing I like is that Diztronic did not plaster their name all over the case like some case manufacturers do. Just one simply logo at the back near the bottom.

attachment.php

The cutouts are all in the perfect location and aligned right. The cutouts for all ports/mics/speakers are spot on. One thing I would like to point out is the cutout for the headphone jack. It's bigger than other cases I've seen and I like that. It allows for headphone plugs off varying sizes to be used with our phone. Many times a plug will be too big to be used with certain cases and the phone would have to removed from the case to use said plug. The cutout is a large nice square cutout. So thumbs up to Diztronic for that. Also, the microusb port cutout is large also, allowing for oem and aftermarket micro usb plugs to be used. Which is really like as I have plugs and charges of all sorts of sizes around the house, bag and car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

One thing that did differ from the S3 Diztronic case is that there is no cutouts for the buttons; volume and power. I'm sure a lot of us went the super cheap route before and got a tpu case off of ebay with no cutouts and it was just plain misery trying to press the buttons. That was one of the big pluses for me on the S3 case and was doubtful and wary about no cutouts on the Nexus 5 case. Yet, Diztronic has pulled through and made pressing the buttons easy and nice even without the cutouts. The fake buttons on the case to mimic the buttons on the phone are very nicely designed and implemented. They actually look and feel like real buttons and not just some bump on the case like the cheaper tpu cases.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another thing I liked is that the edges are raised to protect the phone if you place it face down on the table. So no scratching the screen when doing so.

attachment.php

Also, unlike the slim cases from Spigen and Ringke (other cases I considered) is that it has decent protection all the way around the phone. The slim cases protect the sides but not so much the top and bottom. Sure its a little bulkier and thicker but my mind is a little more at ease with the added protection.

attachment.php
    Does this case feels like the soft black of the phone? How is it with fingerprints?

Does anyone have any pictures of this case (either black or clear, both would be nice though) on a white Nexus 5? Looking to purchase this case just not sure in which color :D

Don't think anyone has given photos of the case on a white Nexus 5 so have taken a few!
    I took some pics of my diztronic vs a neo hybrid case, here they are!