[No Root][6.0+]V10 Camera fully ported to G4 [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread
Y

yener90

Hello,

I fixed the bugs from other port, now it works perfectly :)
It also supports FHD 60 FPS recording.

No need to change dpi
No force close on camera manual mode

Installation:
Just install it like a normal apk

Update V5.1:
  • no more double video sizes
  • removed 5min limit (fixed)
  • changed certificate, old one got detected as virus from some antivirus (you need to remove your old app)

Older Changelogs:
Code:
[U]Update V4:[/U]
[LIST]
[*]fixed front zoom
[*]new icon
[/LIST]

[U]Update V3:[/U]
[LIST]
[*]based on marshmallow version of v10
[*]all errors should be fixed (not sd card)
[/LIST]

[U]Update V2:[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Fixed settings manual video mode
[*]Fixed panorama mode (thx to defcomg for his hint) :)
[/LIST]

Known Bugs:
  • sdcard

SD card info:
LG forbids to change camera storage selection for normal apps, there are two solutions
  • install as system app (rooted users only)
  • use sd card as internal (this method works also for non rooted phones)

i will not add lollipop support :rolleyes:
too much work. and if other models have problems -> add log
I only have 815 so therefore cant know whats the problem on your phone

Tested on my stock unrooted marshmallow G4

Thanks to:
@defcomg for the first working port
@gedas5 for the donation :)
@outrun86 for the donation :)

Attachments

• LGCameraAppV10.apk
    17.8 MB · Views: 79,385
  • LGCameraAppV10_v2_by_yener90.apk
    17.8 MB · Views: 24,393
  • LGCameraAppV10_v3_by_yener90.apk
    18.1 MB · Views: 27,687
  • LGCameraAppV10_v4_by_yener90.apk
    18.1 MB · Views: 134,697
  • LGCameraAppV10_v5.1_by_yener90.apk
    18.1 MB · Views: 177,337
Last edited:

dr_jerremy

Apr 8, 2010
Pozarevac
Manual mod works perfect!!! Only problem is,I can not switch between sd card and internal...massage is sd card is full and I have 25gb free...If h can fix this ,camera will bee superb... Manual mod works like charm
EDIT : When go to manual video and try to open settings,I get FC ..for nkw storage and settings are only issue...tnx for hard work
Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:
Y

yener90

Im using my sd card as internal, so dont have the error with sd card :/
are you using marshmallow?

I realized the settings errorlater while testing. Unfortunately this will be really hard to fix :(

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
I cannot use my internal Sd card. Using LP 5.1 stock.

Manual video works perfectly, but when I switch to manual camera I get a force close. On my H812

gedas5

Dec 12, 2008
@ yener90 thank you for your efforts. Strangely there is no manual controls in video mode - LG G4 815 European, MM 6.0.

edit: it is actually working :) I didn't realise that I have to select manual video mode by clicking on 3 dots :) so the only thing that is not working is the settings as they force close so we are pretty much stuck with UHD 17Mbps.

Last edited:

casabato

Aug 22, 2012
Rome
LG G4-H815 European, MM 6.0, v20d, rooted,unlocked bootloader.
I confirm that everything works fine except storage in the sd card. I hope
that this problem will be resolved soon ..

Reactions: rajkatiyar07

difxati

Apr 22, 2012
Work perfectly on korean Variant f500k(unroot stock mm)
Except fc on manual video setting, fc on panorama mode, awb always show 0k(both manual video and camera) and cannot save in intenal sd

Thank you so much

samukinson

Oct 28, 2008
Would love to have this on my G4, but force closes when gets startet in every way on RESURRECTION REMIX OS [5.6.4]

Last edited:
Y

yener90

Tried to fix panorama -> will not work
because the package is renamed, also the libraries internal names need to be renamed.
If you edit library files, they wont work anymore because of signment etc.
So there is only one way to fix it -> use original name
-> using original name will conflict with original camera
-> you would need to replace orginal camera -> root would be required

Tomek33

Sep 29, 2015
Installed on my H815 v10e. Manual Video works amazing. but can't choose to save on SD card app will FC, also manual camera will FC. Mute microphone and choosing Left or right microphone not work too. 4K video recording can't be turned on :(
Manual ISO, Shutter, white balance and focus works great during recording.

I think we need a better version for rooted users to replace original camera app to decrease number of FC
for unrooted users keep this app as it is, if no more fixes can be done.

Big thanks to @defcomg and @yener90 for hard work!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: juve10ntus

defcomg

Dec 10, 2006
Curios @Tomek33 does it fc on all other Video Res or only 4k? I disabled the ext SD code as it was somewhat different on v10 than on the g4 caused an error on start also if fc on all other res its possible due to the bitrate method which caused that array out of bounds from the other thread

Sent from my NX503A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

@yener30 you can rename native libs also but as far as I saw there was only one lib that needed renaming in the jni method and I did so not sure why panorama fc

Reactions: Tomek33

gedas5

Dec 12, 2008
Curios @Tomek33 does it fc on all other Video Res or only 4k? I disabled the ext SD code as it was somewhat different on v10 than on the g4 caused an error on start also if fc on all other res its possible due to the bitrate method which caused that array out of bounds from the other thread

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

@yener30 you can rename native libs also but as far as I saw there was only one lib that needed renaming in the jni method and I did so not sure why panorama fc

@ defcomg/yener90

Anyway to check why settings force close when in manual video? Without the settings we have no options of frame rate/resolution/quality. Currently it is by default UHD 17Mbps so quality is not great :)
Apart from that at least we now have manual controls in video mode to battle those overexposed videos!!! :good::laugh:

Y

yener90

thats the reason of force close:
Code:
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: ConverPreviewTask
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.lge.cam3ra, PID: 12407
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for void com.lge.cam3ra.util.ColorConverter.yuv420spToBitmap(android.graphics.Bitmap, byte[], int, int) (tried Java_com_lge_cam3ra_util_ColorConverter_yuv420spToBitmap and Java_com_lge_cam3ra_util_ColorConverter_yuv420spToBitmap__Landroid_graphics_Bitmap_2_3BII)
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.lge.cam3ra.util.ColorConverter.yuv420spToBitmap(Native Method)
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.lge.cam3ra.managers.PanoramaGuideManagerBase$ConvertPreviewTask.job(PanoramaGuideManagerBase.java:281)
04-27 12:46:14.718 12407 13027 E AndroidRuntime: 	at com.lge.cam3ra.managers.PanoramaGuideManagerBase$ConvertPreviewTask.run(PanoramaGuideManagerBase.java:266)

Java_com_lge_cam3ra_util_ColorConverter_yuv420spToBitmap does exist in the library, although doesnt work.
So i believe it doest use the library because its modified.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finaly a true dev, not just words like "others" thanks mate.
    Pros and Cons of G5 camera vs stock G4
    + Timelapse of up to x60 (you can do this much better with lapse it app)
    + Take a selfie by just holding your face still a little annoying because it takes pictures itself. The hand things is also available like on stock)
    + Looks much nicer
    + Some menu buttons rearranged better
    + Replace stock camera app fully
    + Takes pictures and videos without bugs

- I found that sliding the manual focus up and down was not as smooth but choppy
    - I had a glitch (see attachment) when stopping the dual camera recording.
    - The steady camera feature is really bad on g5 and g4 because of how it distorts the video
    - All help text is so small, you really can't see anything at all.
    - Need root and possibly backup to install.

Pros and Cons of v10 camera vs g4 stock and g5
    + Manual video iso, exposure and focus
    + Manual mode microphone direction
    + L/M/H bitrate mode for manual video
    + Frame rate options for manual video. UHD has 1fps, 2fps, 24fps and 30fps so this could be used for the time lapse feature. FHD up to 60fps and HD up to 120fps
    + UHD mode disables any stability and ois so you won't have that distortion :)
    + Can choose direction of microphone, amplify up or down, remove wind noise and record from the headset mic in manual recording
    + L and R microphone channels visible on screen in manual recording
    + Install easily as a regular apk and keep your stock camera without needing root
    + Very stable and no bugs (used it for 2 months)

- Cannot save to external sd card unless you convert to system app. (I haven't been able to do this successfully)
    - Doesn't replace the stock camera unless you manually uninstall it. I'm not sure if you can set it to open from the lockscreen swipe shortcut or volume button double tap.
    - Resolution buttons in menu appear twice (just a minor aesthetics bug)
    - Looks like stock G4 app not the nice g5 redesign
    - Can only timelapse in 1fps and 2fps mode and not as many choices as on g5.
    - BUG: if you turn your volumes down, the shutter sound goes but when you stop recording a video, there is a ding noise.

As mentioned, the lapse it app on the play store (paid for full version) works much nicer for timelapse because it periodically takes a picture and you then render these into a video. This avoids the 5 minute limit for the LG apps and doesn't get the phone really hot and eat up battery. But it is limited to 1080p recording. Link to pro version https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ui.LapseItPro
    Nice, thank you!! :)

EDIT: ok it works like a charm and I find it wayyyy more smooth/reactive/fast than stock camera and G5 Camera. Everything is good, wow. I'm really impressed. Love it, excellent work dude :highfive:

Installation process (root)
    - install as normal apk
    - launch root browser or similar app
    - rename or delete old LGCameraApp.apk file and lib folder in /system/priv-app/LGCameraApp/
    - move the content from /data/app/com.lge.camera-1 folder to /system/priv-app/LGCameraApp/
    - set permissions for lib files as rw-r-r (chmod 0644)
    - rename base.apk to LGCameraApp.apk and /oat/arm/base.odex to LGCameraApp.odex
    - reboot
    - enjoy :D

EDIT2: sound is back... and renaming files doesn't change a damn thing.
    If you want silent camera , copy this files http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66258646&postcount=13 to /system/media/audio/ui/ (rename old files or delete them).
    I just kept original af_failure since it's useful. :cool:
    In manual video, when clicking on focus each time is reset to macro. It is intended to work like that or is it a bug? I mean, that I have set it manually to Infinity, go to ISO, set the the value and when going back to focus it is reset back to macro.
    Checking the meta data of the video files produced. MX player can do it.

The highest bit rate that can be produced is 40 Mbs. So if any of the quality settings show a bitrate higher than that it will still encode at 40Mbs.

eg. Stock 4k is 30Mbs. Using either M or H will create a 40 Mbs file. That's it. Can't get higher quality than that.

The fastest FPS you can record in FHD is 50.It says 60 but it produces a file that is 50FPS. Cannot record in 60 FPS. Think this might be a stock G4 limitation. Recall there was a FPS mod a while back and even there it was recommended to use 48FPS tops.

eg. Stock FHD is 17Mbs at 30fps. Using H will create a 24Mbs at 30fps. Using H & 60 FPS will create a 36Mbs file at 50FPS.

Timelapse works. Left it for 2 hours recording FHD at 2FPS and found the battery tanked from 89% to 7%. But it did create a 7 minute 1GB file. Anything longer is going to require some battery pack. Interesting thing here is you can slow the shutter as low as 1 second. Interesting possibilities for low light.

Time lapse does not work with UHD.

The mic gain either increasing sensitivity or decreasing sensitivity does not do anything which is a pity. Directional is out of the question but was hoping there would be a way to control gain at least while monitoring the audio recording level indicator.

There is a 24FPS option that works but there is no cinematic aspect to choose from. The 2560x1440 option is missing. You see two icons for UHD and clicking one or the other produces only 4k video.