AT&T hotspot - "Wi-Fi Hotspot Access Failed"?

Search This thread

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Ever since AT&T revealed that all unlimited users are now capped to 3gb/month (5gb for LTE), aka no more 5% crap, I can't get my Nitro automatically connect to any ATT hotspots around the town. I get message in notification bar saying
Unable to confirm eligibility, please call Customer CARE at 800-331-0500.
Before that, every time there is a hotspot available the phone automatically connects and nothing required from the user's side. Now I have to manually open browser and agree with their terms of service.

Anyone experiencing this?

gmkelly001

Dec 28, 2006
I've had that happen a few times recently too. The app would seem to keep trying and would eventually connect successfully.

fastoy

Jan 1, 2009
Southaven
benmoore.info
Ever since AT&T revealed that all unlimited users are now capped to 3gb/month (5gb for LTE), aka no more 5% crap, I can't get my Nitro automatically connect to any ATT hotspots around the town. I get message in notification bar saying
Before that, every time there is a hotspot available the phone automatically connects and nothing required from the user's side. Now I have to manually open browser and agree with their terms of service.

Anyone experiencing this?
I'm having the same problem. I've been bounced back and forth between AT&T Mobility and AT&T Wi-Fi so many times. Like you I can always get in by going to the login screen and logging in with my DSL credentials. I also have a grandfathered "unlimited" data plan.

I recall this happening previously (like when I go through a McDonald's drive-thru) but I've only chased after it since March 1. It's happened in 2 different hotspots, one in Boston and one in Memphis.

I'm on a Samsung Captivate with OEM Gingerbread.
fn1E6.png
bLOh3.png

Last edited:

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Here is my conspiracy theory:
AT&T trying make us, unlimited plan users, use all the capped data as quicker as possible to slow it done sooner, make us more pissed off and switch to limited plans.
Make sense?

fastoy

Jan 1, 2009
Southaven
benmoore.info
I finally got my WISPr connect to work. In "Wi-Fi settings" I had "Network notification" unchecked. I checked this and then went to an AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot.

It connected!

Not wanting to leave "Network notification" checked and get all those nagging notifications I unchecked it and visited another AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot.

It connected!

See if this helps you.

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
It is actually nothing to do with our phones, it's ATT ****ing with us.
I've checked it with 3 different phones, all had the same problem.

Now, all three one day connecting fine another - no go.

stemalo

Feb 29, 2012
Come to Canada it works...wait forget it we don't have ICS. ;-)

sent from LG OPTIMUS LTE using Tapatalk

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Here is my conspiracy theory:
AT&T trying make us, unlimited plan users, use all the capped data as quicker as possible to slow it done sooner, make us more pissed off and switch to limited plans.
Make sense?

I fully believe this is exactly what they are doing. It pisses me off, but instead of switching plans I'll switch APNs. HAHA I win!