Found my G2 accidentally reset to factory defaults

Search This thread

q4brk

May 18, 2014
I'm running a 4.4.2 T-Mobile Germany stock firmware on my LG G2 with no root or anything. Yesterday I was carrying the phone in my pocket and found it hot and powered off. When I turned it back on I saw that it was completely wiped out, all my apps and even data on storage being gone.

I don't have any remote wipe apps except for that thing which comes with Google and even that didn't have the remote wipe feature turned on, so I'm very puzzled about why this happened.

Did this happen to anyone else? I noticed there was a software upgrade available from LG (D80220c) but i dont think that is connected to the incident..

linjes

Sep 15, 2013
It could have powered off and done a wipe in the power button and volume down combo thing (what we normally use to enter recovery) Sorry to hear about your loss of data :/

Sent from my LG-D802

q4brk

May 18, 2014
It could have powered off and done a wipe in the power button and volume down combo thing (what we normally use to enter recovery) Sorry to hear about your loss of data :/

Sent from my LG-D802

Uhm, I guess this is what happened, as crazy as it may seem. There were times before, when I found that my G2 made phone calls to people while in my pocket... :(