Kit Kat Limitation- Make up your mind Google

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Frankly, an upgrade of little value.

Maybe for you. How do you use yours? For me, 4.4 was like getting a new tablet. All the internal apps were upgraded (for the better), the UI was refreshed to match the Pro's (sans M-UX which is actually a benefit), and Hancom, e-Meeting, and SideSync all work beautifully on 4.4. On top of that any hint of lag's gone and I'm getting better battery life. I'm guessing other productivity users are as pleased as I am. For people that aren't productivity users they'd be better off with a Tab S. As for the Note 8, seriously? Going back to a 189 PPI display would be downright painful. I couldn't leave my N10.1-12's 147 PPI display fast enough.

Jun 27, 2014
No performance gained on the 3/8, though the 8 suffers a pen alignment annoyance that is inconvenient.

I actually thought the 10.1 didn't have this pen alignment problem until I tried to select/copy in terminal emulator. For whatever reason, there and there alone, it's bad. Really bad -- like nothing near where I'm trying to select. If anyone can confirm/deny whether this isn't just my own 10.1 (P600) I'd appreciate it.

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
Maybe for you. How do you use yours? For me, 4.4 was like getting a new tablet. All the internal apps were upgraded (for the better), the UI was refreshed to match the Pro's (sans M-UX which is actually a benefit), and Hancom, e-Meeting, and SideSync all work beautifully on 4.4. On top of that any hint of lag's gone and I'm getting better battery life. I'm guessing other productivity users are as pleased as I am. For people that aren't productivity users they'd be better off with a Tab S. As for the Note 8, seriously? Going back to a 189 PPI display would be downright painful. I couldn't leave my N10.1-12's 147 PPI display fast enough.

i'm with you. the only problem i have with kitkat is the sd card limitation but i'm rooted so it doesn't actually matter. I was pretty frustrated with the lag before the update, now it's perfect. Pen input with multiwindow seems to be way smoother too.

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
Note 8 is a great tablet

I still have my Note 8 along with Note 10-14. I've kept my Note 8 on 4.2.2 and I'm done with update-itis as I find the Note8 works Soooo good as it is.
It's snappy compared with my Note10 which is on 4.4 rooted.
And it is the perfect size for jacket or cargo pants pockets.
I would love a better screen on the Note8, but in terms of functionality and size, it's a great tablet.
I won't let go of the Note 8 until Sammy makes us a Note Pro 8.x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KIT KAT sd card writes

None of my not rooted Notes running Kitty Kat allow moving to the card with third party apps and my Note 3 is on Sprint. I use My Files now. Devices: Note 3 Sprint, Note 8 and Note 10.1-14. It really sucks.

Via my Note 3

While file copy and delete with certain file manager apps might work, the real crime with kitkat is when you try to work with files like editing text files or documents with whatever app. It cripples write permissions to 3rd party apps and that is a hugely bad!
    My Note3 became SD card crippled after kitkat.
    The only way to fix it was to root and run SDfix to get a fully working external SD again.
    FU Google! for screwing with external SD in kitkat!