[Q]want to revert back to stock from CyanogenMod

Search This thread

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
i recently put CyanogenMod onto my HTC and dont really like it and want to go back to stoch HTC sense, i found a guide that shows me how to do it but the problem is i cant find the RUU for my phone, i live in australia and i bought the phone already unlocked, if someone here can help me it will be muchly appreciated.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
i recently put CyanogenMod onto my HTC and dont really like it and want to go back to stoch HTC sense, i found a guide that shows me how to do it but the problem is i cant find the RUU for my phone, i live in australia and i bought the phone already unlocked, if someone here can help me it will be muchly appreciated.
Could you post a fastboot getvar all without the imei and serial number? You could also put a custom sense rom on your phone if an RUU can not be found.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

put your phone into fastboot mode, plug it into the computer, it should now say fastboot USB on the screen, open a command window inside your fastboot and adb folder (hold control + shift + right mouse click, open command window here) and then type fastboot getvar all

post the output here, but remove imei and serial number before posting.

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
put your phone into fastboot mode, plug it into the computer, it should now say fastboot USB on the screen, open a command window inside your fastboot and adb folder (hold control + shift + right mouse click, open command window here) and then type fastboot getvar all

post the output here, but remove imei and serial number before posting.

alright i think i did it properly

Z:\Downloads\programs\AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>fastboot
getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.980.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
((bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3822mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.039s

Z:\Downloads\programs\AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
there is no RUU file for your phone, however there is this:

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-980-2-zip/

Its a reset file, download it, copy it to your internal storage on your phone, DO NOT EXTRACT IT, then enter recovery, (recommened is TWRP 2.6.3.3) and install it, it will set you back to stock.

During the aroma installer when it prompts you, select wipe data, install stock radio and install stock recovery, once complete, reboot your phone and check for updates.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

your only other choice is something like these stock roms which also need to be flashed inside twrp 2.6.3.3

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.co.uk/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
alright i think i did it properly

Z:\Downloads\programs\AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>fastboot
getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 5.11.980.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
((bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3822mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.039s

Z:\Downloads\programs\AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>

Before doing the Guru Reset, since your hboot is 1.57, I would recommend you contact @deeevan and see if he has either a nandroid of the latest release or the previous release. He did provide the current firmware and OTA in this post. Or post in the HTC One Australian Users thread in the General Section.
The hboot is important for the OTA. Since you are S-ON you can not downgrade your hboot. Your hboot has to be the same or lower than an OTA's hboot. If you were to downgrade to the Guru Reset one, your hboot would be too high for all the OTAs except the most recent one. Hence, you would not be able to get your phone back to Sense 6.

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
Before doing the Guru Reset, since your hboot is 1.57, I would recommend you contact @deeevan and see if he has either a nandroid of the latest release or the previous release. He did provide the current firmware and OTA in this post. Or post in the HTC One Australian Users thread in the General Section.
The hboot is important for the OTA. Since you are S-ON you can not downgrade your hboot. Your hboot has to be the same or lower than an OTA's hboot. If you were to downgrade to the Guru Reset one, your hboot would be too high for all the OTAs except the most recent one. Hence, you would not be able to get your phone back to Sense 6.

honestly i have no idea what any of that means......lol sorry

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
If I can't go back to stock, is there anyway of restoring my messages and contacts? And how could I put music onto my phone since now it doesn't connect up to htc sync manager

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
If I can't go back to stock, is there anyway of restoring my messages and contacts? And how could I put music onto my phone since now it doesn't connect up to htc sync manager

If you haven't done anything and they are still on your phone, you can go to the Google Play Store and search for message backup apps. I use SMS Backup & Restore. For contacts, they can be saved to your phone, sim card or if you use gmail Google will save them. I use the Google backup and restore feature in Settings. You could also use HTC Backup & Restore but you can't use both Google & HTC.

If you don't have them presently, then I don't know restore them. Sorry!

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
If you haven't done anything and they are still on your phone, you can go to the Google Play Store and search for message backup apps. I use SMS Backup & Restore. For contacts, they can be saved to your phone, sim card or if you use gmail Google will save them. I use the Google backup and restore feature in Settings. You could also use HTC Backup & Restore but you can't use both Google & HTC.

If you don't have them presently, then I don't know restore them. Sorry!

before putting Cyanogen on my phone i did do a backup through HTC sync manager and Helium

deeevan

Mar 22, 2013
I don't have a 5.11 backup uploaded, but there is one for 4.20.980.1. As said before... Search through the Australian thread to find it

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
if i cant go back to stock then how can i get my messages and contacts back? would really be good to have those back at least and i did do backups with HTC sync manager and Helium before putting CyanoegenMod onto my phone.

on another note, i notice that the HTC TV app doesnt work like it should, any ideas why that is happening?

deeevan

Mar 22, 2013
Run Helium and restore messages and contacts? Am I missing something?
If you wiped your internal storage (sdcard) when installing CyanogenMod, the Helium backups on your phone would be lost. You'll need to get them from whatever cloud storage option you selected or copy the folder back from your PC if you had the foresight to backup.

HTC Sync Manager only works on a Sense based ROM like ARHD (or stock, but you did ask for other options).

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
Run Helium and restore messages and contacts? Am I missing something?
If you wiped your internal storage (sdcard) when installing CyanogenMod, the Helium backups on your phone would be lost. You'll need to get them from whatever cloud storage option you selected or copy the folder back from your PC if you had the foresight to backup.

HTC Sync Manager only works on a Sense based ROM like ARHD (or stock, but you did ask for other options).

restored it with Helium to the computer but when i run helium on the phone it doesnt pick up the computer for some reason

Zohan2000

Jul 3, 2014
after a bit of experimentation i managed to get my messages back but not my contacts, seems like i gotta add them back in :/