Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

th3fallen

Aug 24, 2009
Charlotte
Samsung Galaxy S20
Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
Win 7 Home Edition x86?
Win Vista
XP Home x86
XP Pro x64/x86

Last edited:

kfk2

Dec 14, 2008
In order to get ADB working on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) I had to edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules (I may have created this file for the G1) and add:

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"

What I was seeing was the device would sort of show up when I ran adb devices, but it would list ????????? as the ID and no permissions.

~Kenny

Last edited:

NexVision

May 10, 2005
I was able to access it by using dream, magic and adb testing device didnt need any specific driver.

Chinpokomon

Feb 9, 2009
I was able to access it by using dream, magic and adb testing device didnt need any specific driver.

You need the latest refresh of the drivers (and tools for updated fastboot, etc.) from the SDK. If you go to a Windows command prompt and run Android, assuming the tools directory is in your path, you can select the update for both. It will fail in updating tools, since you are using an app in it, but don't close the app, just reapply at that point and it will work on the second go. Then when you install the N1, you will have the drivers you need to install as before.

NexVision

May 10, 2005
Not meaning to argue with you but what I was saying is I have had no issues doing anything via adb with it as a magic I have done fastboot as well hey maybe its just working for me.

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
In order to get ADB working on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) I had to edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android-rules (I may have created this file for the G1) and add:

Code:

What I was seeing was the device would sort of show up when I ran adb devices, but it would list ????????? as the ID and no permissions.

~Kenny

Hmm...I have that already in my /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules (mine has .rules, not -rules...I'm assuming that's a typo in your post?) and I'm still coming up with ?????????? as the device and no permissions, all attempts to do anything with adb result in it telling me I don't have permission to do these things.

kfk2

Dec 14, 2008
Hmm...I have that already in my /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules (mine has .rules, not -rules...I'm assuming that's a typo in your post?) and I'm still coming up with ?????????? as the device and no permissions, all attempts to do anything with adb result in it telling me I don't have permission to do these things.

Yah that was a typo.. The no permissions error appears to me that adb doesn't have access to the /dev/ devices used. I'm not at home so I cannot lookup what device is created and used in /dev/ for you to check the permissions. I know I killed the adb server and restarted it a few times while trying to get mine to work, along with updating to the latest sdk. So you may want to try those things, you could also try running adb as root and seeing if that fixes it (if so, then it's a simple permission error with udev not creating it with correct permissions).

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
Alrighty, I think I got it. I'm no udev expert (in fact, I'm rather useless at it), but this worked for me.

1) Make sure USB debugging is turned on on the phone.

2) Plug the phone into the USB port on the machine.

3) Make sure /etc/udev/51-android.rules has

in it.

4) run

5) As root, run
service udev restart

6) run

Worked for me to get the device recognized.

Alleviate

Jul 19, 2009
Hey guys, I have the Android 1.5 SDK/ADB installed on my computer.. so I don't know what will happen when I mount my N1 (haven't tried yet). I want to be able to mount my N1 normally without ADB or anything, 'cause I'm not going to root it for a while. Thanks!

Swervo

Jul 24, 2008
Hey guys, I have the Android 1.5 SDK/ADB installed on my computer.. so I don't know what will happen when I mount my N1 (haven't tried yet). I want to be able to mount my N1 normally without ADB or anything, 'cause I'm not going to root it for a while. Thanks!

Nothing will happen, ADB doesn't start interacting with your phone without you explicitly telling it to. Also, if you don't have debugging turned on on your phone, then it won't even if you do explicitly tell it to. Feel free to mount the drive on it.

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
ADB and Root

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get ADB to recognize my phone. ADB is all set up correctly, I have it updated (I believe) to the most recent version. I installed the updated USB driver and I see the "Android Phone" in my device manager. I have USB Debugging checked off in my phone settings. ADB worked fine for my G1, but it doesn't recognize my Nexus One.

I shouldn't have to root the phone to have ADB working should I? Can anybody think of something I overlooked? I am running Windows XP Professional SP3

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
Okay, so I navigated to the "1.1-nexusone-superboot" folder in the command prompt and tried
Code:
adb-windows devices
and my device showed up. Now I want to move those files to where I originally had my adb files in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools so that all I have to type is
Code:
adb devices
to have my phone listed. I tried replacing the files in my \tools folder and renaming them to what they were named before, but that didn't work. Could somebody please help me get this set up properly?

Last edited:

11ryan11

Sep 2, 2009
www.twitter.com
Okay, so I navigated to the "1.1-nexusone-superboot" folder in the command prompt and tried
Code:
adb-windows remount
and my device showed up. Now I want to move those files to where I originally had my adb files in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools so that all I have to type is
Code:
adb devices
to have my phone listed. I tried replacing the files in my \tools folder and renaming them to what they were named before, but that didn't work. Could somebody please help me get this set up properly?

in your command prompt you have to be in the c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ directory for it to work

Last edited:

jiffyj

May 3, 2006
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get ADB to recognize my phone. ADB is all set up correctly, I have it updated (I believe) to the most recent version. I installed the updated USB driver and I see the "Android Phone" in my device manager. I have USB Debugging checked off in my phone settings. ADB worked fine for my G1, but it doesn't recognize my Nexus One.

I shouldn't have to root the phone to have ADB working should I? Can anybody think of something I overlooked? I am running Windows XP Professional SP3

I was having the same problem yesterday. But i'm on Vista. Nothing seemed to work, but ADB was working fine on my Mytouch. At any rate, I ended up going to download the most recent SDK and trying adb again from a command prompt @ the tools location of the newest SDK, and then everything worked. I don't know if that was something I should have done in the first place and I just didn't know it (duh), but that's what worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86