[Q] My PC can't see my TF300T....any ideas?

Search This thread

the lemming

Feb 23, 2012
Hello

I am slowly trying to learn how to root my TF300T in preparation for installing my first mod but I have a problem. I am using Android 4.2.1 and as far as I can tell I have USB debugging ticked on my settings.

I am following the Cyanogen tutorial and I have installed Android SDK to my PC and put it into the root of the C\ folder. It is revision 22.3, if that helps anybody.

I do not know if I have the correct settings within the Android SDK Manager, however the Google USB Driver says that it is installed.

However when I connect my TF300T to my PC, with a 'male to male' USB cable nothing happens.

If I connect any USB device to the TF300T, then it is recognise and I can use it.

If I connect my Nexus 4 phone to my PC then the PC recognises the device in both the Device Manager and a Auto-Play pop-up menu comes on the screen. I can then freely move files to and feom the phone to my PC with no issues.

Does anybody know where I am going wrong with either my Tablet or PC which is stopping them communicating with each other?

the lemming

Feb 23, 2012
Not sure, where you are connecting that cable.
You need to use the USB/charger cable that came with your device and connect that to your PC.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Fantastic

Thank you so much for helping me with which cable I should use. I thought I was going mad.

Using the USB/Charger cable worked.

When I connected my Tablet to the computer, my PC went looking for the drivers. The PC found most of them however I got the following error message

ASUS Android composite ADB Interface No Driver found.

Any ideas how I find and install this ADB Interface?

Last edited:

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
When I connected my Tablet to the computer, my PC went looking for the drivers. The PC found most of them however I got the following error message

Sorry, I am a Linux user, never had any USB driver issues myself. If you search the forums for "USB naked drivers", you should find some help and instructions.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Fantastic

Thank you so much for helping me with which cable I should use. I thought I was going mad.

Using the USB/Charger cable worked.

This is for you :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979