[Q&A] JasmineROM Discussions [Chat Room]

Which Android OS do you prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread

guy11

Apr 24, 2016
Does anyone have a jasmine 6.1 kernel with rtl8187 drivers built in they would be willing to share? Been trying to get my Alfa AWUS036H working on my N900V and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Droidify

Jun 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Love the ROM. Has full functionality of everything! I do not like the default materiel look of Lollipop and TouchWiz though. Is there a way for me to get blacked out or dark system apps?

mstrkrft1

May 2, 2011
lag

anyone experiencing lag with v6.1 by chance? it works well sometimes, then on other occasions it lags to the point where it is difficult for me to use the phone.

malacoid

Dec 21, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I've got root and TWRP- loving this ROM's stock look with powerful features and customizations. I was using Camera for the first time and changed the settings in the app. The next time I went into it, "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." This problem survives a Force Stop, Clear Data, reboot and the Google Camera from apkmirror works. Is there anything else to try to debug this? I've removed the Camera shortcut from the Lock Screen and changed the desktop shortcut- try that with iOS!

fiverings

Oct 2, 2014
I have a rooted Verizon note 3 with stock 5.0.
I want to try jasmine ROM. Can I flash the newest ROM or do I have to start with a older jasmine ROM.

fiverings

nIkbot

Aug 24, 2012
Anyone else get a looping animation if they try to run full uninstall root the SuperSU app settings that came packed with the rom? Can't seem to get it to uninstall.

Ivie

Nov 29, 2012
Rohnert Park
Im having an issue with voicemail. when i check them i cant hear them unless i put it on speaker. im on 2.3 and followed the OP directions for flashing. anyone else having this issue.

All of my internet calling/ vid calling/ and VM service have extreeeeeemly low volume when at highest level, 1 notch down and it works fine for me.

I am going to start working on my note edge now, once its good to go, ill come back to this and clean up the note 3.

thank you HSBADR, your our hero.

hsomnus

Jun 20, 2011
Columbus
How do I fix this? Was rooted with vvrucnc4 unified with Jasmine rom. Sold to my sister in law and eventually it stopped working fir her. I couldnt get it to even turn on for several weeks. Then i finally got it to boot into recovery (still would not turn on, i could only get into recovery) and tried flashing the vvrucnc4 tar. It failed and I couldn't get it turn on or respond in any way for several more weeks. Now, when I plug it in to wall or laptop I get this screen. Samsung kies cant connect to it but Odin does, however attempts to flash in odin still fail.

547cf83042816d253390d085fd301039.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
How do I fix this? Was rooted with vvrucnc4 unified with Jasmine rom. Sold to my sister in law and eventually it stopped working fir her. I couldnt get it to even turn on for several weeks. Then i finally got it to boot into recovery (still would not turn on, i could only get into recovery) and tried flashing the vvrucnc4 tar. It failed and I couldn't get it turn on or respond in any way for several more weeks. Now, when I plug it in to wall or laptop I get this screen. Samsung kies cant connect to it but Odin does, however attempts to flash in odin still fail.

547cf83042816d253390d085fd301039.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app
That's because you are trying to flash an older version of firmware. Flash OF1 in odin and you'll be fine. Sounds like you need a new battery tio.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

austinsec

Jan 25, 2017
HI I need help I have a sm-n900v with the jasmine partial , I tried to put other roms and it locks my phone tells me to go to verizon store
I would like to update my rom I cant find a step by step also what is the newest rom for this phone.
please advise
austinsec@gmail.com

Last edited:

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
HI I need help I have a sm-n900v with the jasmine partial , I tried to put other roms and it locks my phone tells me to go to verizon store
I would like to update my rom I cant find a step by step also what is the newest rom for this phone.
please advise
austinsec@gmail.com
You can't put any ROMs on the SM-N900V other than those based on Touchwiz. Unless you unlock the bootloader, then there are several ROMs you can try AFTER you install a custom recovery like TWRP.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have a somewhat similar problem:

For the longest time I have had only Jasmin ROM 6.1 one on my Note 3 (just the ROM - no Multistrap)....and for a long time it was rock solid.

I subsequently got the V10....and put the Note 3 in a drawer. A while back I was prepping and cleaning it up for my mom to start practicing switching to a touch screen (from a Blackberry) and the phone started randomly going into a bootloop. I got out of a couple of times by wiping the cache....but eventually it would start bootlooping again.

I then decided to wipe the phoe with a factory reset....all went well...installed very few apps. Seemed to work fine as I was hoping to give it to my friend who has less financial resources to get a phone...and it started the same Bootloop again....very frustrating.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on and what I can do to correct it? Switch ROMs....upgrade to what I'm seeing in this thread regarding uplocking the bootloader then the OS?

Can someone direct me to a more precise location within this thread where I might find some instructions?

Thanks for your time and assistance

hsomnus

Jun 20, 2011
Columbus
Anyway to get out of this without using power button.? I don't think the power button is working.

Attachments

• IMG_20180629_162058371_BURST001_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180629_162058371_BURST001_LL.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JasmineROM v2.x Deep Sleep Fixed

Deep sleep & battery issues on JasmineROM v2.x have been fixed. Check this post for more details!
    JasmineROM Support

The rating of this thread has been decreased from 5/5 to 4.6/5. It seems that haters are contributing with negative votes while supporters are inactive.

Please show your support to JasmineROM by adding 5-star rating & review, if you want the develoment here to continue. It doesn't make sense to invest my time in a downrated development.

Thank you!
    This is the place for Q&A, general discussions, and post-installation chat about JasmineROM. Please keep your personal issues that are not related to the development, such as themes and other stuff, here.
    Jasmine 2.0 battery hog

Greetings All,

After playing with 2.0 for about a week I found this bit of information after hooking my phone to an oscilloscope and watching the timing on the CPU. I found out that SetCPU will NOT let the CPU shut down hardly at all. Didn't matter what settings I tried.
    If you change I/O scheduler or governor in any other app, SetCPU will "fight" with that app to regain control and just run the CPU wide open all the time. That is one reason, I believe, that the phone has been getting so hot and why the battery goes down so fast.
    After un-installing SetCPU my battery life is back again like 1.7 or 1.8. Now this ROM is really sweet.
    Hope this helps.

Take care,

OotR

Oh yeah.... FYI... I have found that getting rid of ALL others except for ROM Toolbox Pro and then using it to set the I/O scheduler to Noop and the Governor to interactive has been my best balance of speed and battery life. I did all these tests on a bench with several fun machines to play with that measured and recorded battery usage, CPU use (per core), timing function of the relative I/O through the chip on a 'scope.
    There was an issue in my mixer configuration which makes the minimum/maximum volume levels unreasonable. so, you might get louder volume at 50% not 100%. V4A may mitigate the effect. Anyway, this together with the volume panel glitch have been already fixed on 2.2.1.

The only issue I'm having so far is with ISIS wallet it won't reload. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still wont reload. I have super cleaned per Hsbadr instructions and even went back to stock and reflashed and still wont reload. I dont know what else to do.:confused:

This might be partitions problem, if noone else reported the same issue. To fix, flash stock tar & test ISIS on it; then, flash JasmineROM 2.2.1 (no need to test on 2.2; I'll try to update you very soon).