[GUIDE][HOW TO FLASH LOLLIPOP | SM-N9005][5.0 | N9005XXUGBNL8][Easy]

Search This thread

pepperjackjr

Nov 4, 2013
Root

hey, im kinda noob , i just started rooting and flashing so can anyone help me? Is there any way to root my phone back?

Senator_adeniyi

Dec 28, 2014
Updateable or not

Pls i would love to get on the lollipop ? wagon already... But i jst want to know if it will be possible to still update over the air in d future after installing this OS. i.e does this os block my opportunity to get updates from Samsung over the air

garebello

Feb 26, 2011
curitiba
Proximity Sensor

Does your proximity sensor work with this ROM? In the test mode *#0*# sensor still doesn't work. Does anyone else has this problem?
My WiFi is working fine after restart or turn on/off.

Hey, Im having a proximity sensor issue. Dont goes black on a call.
On *#0*# the proximity works, it reads the distance, but it doesnt chage de value 0 --> 1

Someone else has this problem?

sam2k01

Dec 28, 2014
Would this allow for OTA updates still, so when the official update releases it will notify and I can proceed as normal? Also is there a fix for the wifi issues?

Reactions: Senator_adeniyi

danN1

Oct 26, 2014
Sooo... I've a question : Now I have 4.4.2 KK ROOTED note 3 .... so...will the root be kept after flashing the rom or not? Thanks!

fiftyz

Jan 23, 2009
Targoviste
Sooo... I've a question : Now I have 4.4.2 KK ROOTED note 3 .... so...will the root be kept after flashing the rom or not? Thanks!
No, also all your data will be erased (factory reset).

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Proximity sensor is working fine for me. In test mode, it turns the screen green.
Did you flashed also the PIT and bootloader? I can't figure out why mine is not working fine - sensor values are updated correctly but proximity is not changed from 0 to 1 like it should. I've tested with my phone and another note 3 with kk 4.4.2.

Reactions: danN1

Abaddon92

Dec 6, 2012
Successfully install lollipop on my note 3 n9005 32gb(No Root)

step I have done,
1. enable usb debugging
2. Do not tick re-partition (ONLY AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME)
3. Put in BL,AP,CP and CSC ( exclude PIT )
4. Enter download mode from phone (power + volume down + home button)
5. connect phone and once odin detected the connected phone press START
6. Wait about 10-15 minute then it will auto reboot and wait another 5 minute
7. Done

Mine everything works well - no wifi issue, no proximate sensor problem, s-view window working well too :D

1991jbrooks

Dec 29, 2014
help help help

[/LEFT]
Before flashing we need to make a backup of your PIT file just incase something goes wrong. And to do so open Command Prompt and execute the following commands.

Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

Now that will create a backup of your PIT File as a failsafe. :fingers-crossed:

I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly I've been at this all night and cannot get results like u should I can't put my PIT. Please help

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
tmobile?

flashed this on my note 3 for tmobile so far so good excpet for wifi! but i must say...nice one so far now lets hope for some tweeks and what not on the way!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

my wifi is broken so im trying to up like you all 4 without pit but i get a pit fail error what ima i doing wrong
?

Hi, what did you do different from the instructions for it to work on your N900T? Im trying to flash it and I always get "

FrancescoGato

May 24, 2012
For the ones who complain about wifi and camera issue: Did you factory reset your phone after flashing that leak? Maybe this could be useful to avoid those bugs like wifi and camera crash? Thank you

mardzuqi

Dec 29, 2014
S Pen Issue

i don't seem to have other issue but the S Pen is not working as b4 I upgraded to 5.0, for eg i can seems to open air command by pointing the S Pen on d screen, is the anything i can do to correct the issue?

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 893

jemis1983

Aug 22, 2012
OPPO Find X2 Pro
For the ones who complain about wifi and camera issue: Did you factory reset your phone after flashing that leak? Maybe this could be useful to avoid those bugs like wifi and camera crash? Thank you

Your wifi work normally after the upgrade to 5.0.0? You was also on kitkat CSC ITV?for mi but after updated i sow wireless bug!

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I think you must to put the pit file an check repartition because you flash the bootloader

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
Your wifi work normally after the upgrade to 5.0.0? You was also on kitkat CSC ITV?for mi but after updated i sow wireless bug!

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I think you must to put the pit file an check repartition because you flash the bootloader

Even with the "HLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit" or my own PIT file it still fails...

jemis1983

Aug 22, 2012
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Even with the "HLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit" or my own PIT file it still fails...

1.Shoot off your phone
2.remove the battery for 30 second
3.input the battery again download mode and flash with all the files.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

1.Shoot off your phone

Be sure to use the correct pit for your model!

OlvrCA

Nov 28, 2014
1.Shoot off your phone

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Be sure to use the correct pit for your model!

I guess extracting the PIT file for a N900T is different than the N9005, that's probably why is failing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Confused on how to install Android 5.0 Lollipop? Fear not. This guide have you covered :D

So to start this. We need some things.

Now that we have everything we need. Let's start. :D
    THIS WILL ERASE/FACTORY RESET YOUR NOTE 3. So take a backup of your important stuff

Extract the ROM zip file.
    kXHUWrM.png

Once extracted. Open Odin and set up Odin as follows.
    FOR 32GB Model
    jqnYET4.jpg

FOR 16GB Model
    XHhyTsC.png

Now click START :D
    Once done reboot your device. 16GB users will have to goto Recovery and factory reset

First boot will take longer than expected. Leave it alone for about 10 minutes.

And after some time. You will be greeted with the glorious Android 5.0 screen. :D

Video Guide. :D

Before flashing we need to make a backup of your PIT file just incase something goes wrong. And to do so open Command Prompt and execute the following commands.

Code:
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
    adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

Now that will create a backup of your PIT File as a failsafe. :fingers-crossed:
    [guide] | root | lollipop leaked | n9005 32gb|

To root the Samsung phablet Galaxy Note 3 with leaked firmware N9005XXUGBNL8 ( Android 5.0.0 )

1) Open the 'Odin3
    2) Put phone in download mode by powering off and holding volume up+ while plugging the phone into the computer
    3) You should now see the first square in Odin turn and say "Ready"
    6) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte.tar.md5 you downloaded
    7) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
    8)Mount your devices SD card and copy the SUPERSU V2.43 ZIP file over.
    9)Boot up to your devices custom recovery by powering off and holding volume down- while
    10)Wipe your Dalvik-Cache in the Wipe Menu. And then go back to the recovery's main menu.
    11)There should be an option that says "Flash .zip from SD Card", select it.
    12)Select the .zip SUPERSU
    13)Confirm flashing of .zip file.
    14)Wait for the file to flash and reboot.

the link TWRP 2.8 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 International Qcomm: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/202
    MEGA LINK for openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte:https://mega.co.nz/#!NA8CXQqC!R6OUZYRCJw9y_7Wxe3RACeLTVywNk37eu2SeCEpNMm0
    BIG THANKS TO CHAINFIRE
    for supersu-V2.42 chainfire :http://download.chainfire.eu/644/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip.

supersu-V2.43 this is the link:http://download.chainfire.eu/692/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.43.zip
    MEGA LINK; https://mega.co.nz/#!AR0XFQRb!IvPmh5uvh7Sdfwww7FNXK2Wb1PnBDCpkXNhRb9G5v3c

supersu-V2.44 in the MEGA LINK BELOW;https://mega.co.nz/#!pdkH3LwJ!KlJKMEcI0cvV070JmqvF7wP5cG9hNK3Xn6cAN4RwPro
    or this;http://download.chainfire.eu/693/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.44.zip

supersu-V2.45:mega link below; https://mega.co.nz/#!UMtT0Y5B!9arJnF1K8xfWrPTDJsQ1ErlkjcKe9ga-11yO8d7S2TA

mega link for new supersu V2.46;https://mega.co.nz/#!ERtWSQiB!Tj0Fr3ZA5U8_vKQLwnmwH08y2NjGbMR3R5vG7F2ynYA

REMEMBER YOU WILL FLAG KNOX TO 0X1

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BOUTTON:good:
    Hey,
    are there any chances or possibilities for porting this rom also to another device? E.g. the S4 LTE-A, which has "exactly" the same hardware as the note 3 i guess, it also has the snapdragon 800, so i think it might not be too difficult to port this rom also for this device, someone who can tell me something about that?:good::victory:

You can ask the developers of S4 LTE-A for that. :D

So glad to see this :D Is this leak for the international Note3 ? Does it incluede French language ? Did you see any bug on this leak ? And last question, if the flash goes wrong, how can I use the backup PIT ? :)
    Many thanks for sharing this leak ! :)

I'll post a guide about PIT later on sometime. It'll have things like "What is PIT?" "How to Backup?" "How to restore?" "How to revive soft bricked Note 3's" and all. Do remind me after the New Year and I'll make one. :)

I install it on my N9005 it include french and Italian and many other i dont flash bootloader and pit file for now everything it's ok only the WiFi issue!!!i must to put the key wen I restart or close the wireless.

WiFi issue might be solved by flashing this. Thanks @Sewrizer. I personally did not test it and also discourages flashing it as Lollipop includes many new changes to WiFi drivers while the zip file is meant for KitKat. EDIT: Instead of flashing that file. Try this. And also try to move the Q/A's there. :) Let's try to keep this an organized thread. :D

Sorry if is a dumb question, is the first time i try to flash a rom for this device, i have a n900w8 and odin shows me repartitio error, even with repartition unchecked, is ther any chance to install this rom on the n900w8? i think it has the same hardware as the n9005.

Thanks in advance

THIS GUIDE IS FOR SM-N9005
    Please read the OP. ThankYou. :D

its not working for note 3 sm n9005

Can you elaborate more on why it isn't working with your Note 3? I've tried the same on my phone and I didn't have a single issue. :)

This willnot work for the ATT version will it?

It will not. But you can ask your developers of ATT version to create ports or some themes to look-a-like until the official leak pops up.

I tried the above commands on my phone but get - error device not found ??
    My phone is the SM-N9005 so why won't the back up work. I do have a full CWM backup will that do ?

Have you set up your ADB properly? Also do you have Samsung USB drivers installed?

Quick question:

Can I downgrade to KK? I Want to try this FW but (surely) keeping KK because of Xposed compatibility.

Thanks!!

I personally did not try but many have said that you can successfully downgrade to KitKat after flashing Lollipop into their devices. Please do confirm with other members on the forum. :)
    Successfully install lollipop on my note 3 n9005 32gb(No Root)

step I have done,
    1. enable usb debugging
    2. Do not tick re-partition (ONLY AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME)
    3. Put in BL,AP,CP and CSC ( exclude PIT )
    4. Enter download mode from phone (power + volume down + home button)
    5. connect phone and once odin detected the connected phone press START
    6. Wait about 10-15 minute then it will auto reboot and wait another 5 minute
    7. Done

Mine everything works well - no wifi issue, no proximate sensor problem, s-view window working well too :D