Evo 4g on virgin mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

UncivilSavage

Jan 7, 2012
Whittier
Hey, guys i recently found this thread and decided to give it a go because I hate my Triumph... I have two different HTC EVO's and an optiums v for a donor. I activated the optimus v and ripped all the info off of it, but I am having serious issues getting the EVO to cooperate. I can get the MEID zeroed out while using the open sesame method, however when I try to write to it I get:

05:18:03.919DIAG RX item:
05:18:03.919RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target

Not really sure where to go from here... I'm real confused. I've been at it for a few hours and nothing seems to be able to overwrite the MEID.

Just to make sure you're writing Requestnvitemwrite meid 0x00A......(meid goes here)?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
Hey, guys i recently found this thread and decided to give it a go because I hate my Triumph... I have two different HTC EVO's and an optiums v for a donor. I activated the optimus v and ripped all the info off of it, but I am having serious issues getting the EVO to cooperate. I can get the MEID zeroed out while using the open sesame method, however when I try to write to it I get:

05:18:03.919DIAG RX item:
05:18:03.919RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target

Not really sure where to go from here... I'm real confused. I've been at it for a few hours and nothing seems to be able to overwrite the MEID.

Have you tried putting the new meid in the file you pulled from efs? Also try opening qpst service programming and send your spc code then open qxdm and enter RequestNVItemWrite MEID 0X00A0000000000000 exactly as I wrote it replacing 0x00A0000000000000 with the new meid. Try with the two zeroes in front if that doesn't work remove them.

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
Just to make sure you're writing Requestnvitemwrite meid 0x00A......(meid goes here)?

yes

Have you tried putting the new meid in the file you pulled from efs? Also try opening qpst service programming and send your spc code then open qxdm and enter RequestNVItemWrite MEID 0X00A0000000000000 exactly as I wrote it replacing 0x00A0000000000000 with the new meid. Try with the two zeroes in front if that doesn't work remove them.

I have not tried putting it into the two files that I pulled. I'm going to give that a go right now. Funny thing is after i Zero them out, when i restart the phone, the old MEID is back

EDIT:
Didn't work, I tried with the 00 and without as well as a few other combinations. Also, when i restart the phone all of the info that i write to it gets reset. I changed the SPC like 3 times and it always reverts back... Idk what's up with this phone. Also, now it gives me the same error when i try to RequestNVItemRead...

Last edited:

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
yes

I have not tried putting it into the two files that I pulled. I'm going to give that a go right now. Funny thing is after i Zero them out, when i restart the phone, the old MEID is back

EDIT:
Didn't work, I tried with the 00 and without as well as a few other combinations. Also, when i restart the phone all of the info that i write to it gets reset. I changed the SPC like 3 times and it always reverts back... Idk what's up with this phone. Also, now it gives me the same error when i try to RequestNVItemRead...

If the info comes back it didn't get zeroed out properly. How did you do the efs method?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Sorry, you must have posted a few seconds before me.

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
If the info comes back it didn't get zeroed out properly. How did you do the efs method?

I did exactly what the guide said. Got the two files, 0 and 1943, saved them to my desktop, changed the hex chars to 0's. Then I added them back into the directory and deleted the originals, because it doesn't auto replace them, deleted the open sesame door folder, and went on to QXDM, however if I restart the phone, the meid comes back.

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
I did exactly what the guide said. Got the two files, 0 and 1943, saved them to my desktop, changed the hex chars to 0's. Then I added them back into the directory and deleted the originals, because it doesn't auto replace them, deleted the open sesame door folder, and went on to QXDM, however if I restart the phone, the meid comes back.

Its been a while since I've done it but when you're in efs just drag the files to the desktop. When you write to zero try either 0x0 or 0x00000000 depending on the length of the number. Drag it back into efs then restart the phone. Delete the open sesame door once the phone is zeroed out upon restart.

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
Its been a while since I've done it but when you're in efs just drag the files to the desktop. When you write to zero try either 0x0 or 0x00000000 depending on the length of the number. Drag it back into efs then restart the phone. Delete the open sesame door once the phone is zeroed out upon restart.

I'm trying now. Could this issue have anything to do with the radio/rom version I have installed...or the fact that I am not rooted, because One of the evo is on the stock gingerbread and its got s-off, and the other is on froyo with s-on, but neither seem to work...

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az
I'm trying now. Could this issue have anything to do with the radio/rom version I have installed...or the fact that I am not rooted, because One of the evo is on the stock gingerbread and its got s-off, and the other is on froyo with s-on, but neither seem to work...

Do you have your msl? You can't get your msl unless you're rooted or get it from sprint. As long as you have the msl it shouldn't matter.

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
I don't have it yet, but i haven't needed it yet. When I needed it, I was going to root... I'm currently trying the long method calculating the hex values from CDMA and reading the mem locations. We'll see how that goes.

EDIT:

I tried zeroing out the ESN and MEID the long way, found 11 instances of each, then when I went to QXDM to write over them, 3 locations of each had nothing in them, but i set all of the rest to 0. Restarted the phone, meid and ESN were back to normal.

Last edited:

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
I don't have it yet, but i haven't needed it yet. When I needed it, I was going to root... I'm currently trying the long method calculating the hex values from CDMA and reading the mem locations. We'll see how that goes.

EDIT:

I tried zeroing out the ESN and MEID the long way, found 11 instances of each, then when I went to QXDM to write over them, 3 locations of each had nothing in them, but i set all of the rest to 0. Restarted the phone, meid and ESN were back to normal.

What I did was I found UncivilSage's ZIP file with all flashing tools for the EVO. I then copied files 0 and 1943 after doing open sesame door. I wrote the new MEID/ESN in those files. Now, it won't let you drag and drop back in (not for me at least) but what I did was right click > transfer item from PC > and chose them. That's how it worked for me. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to get my AAA Key from LGNPST, but it won't open for me -_-; says something about C:\Windows\system32\wnsdrvr.sys not found. Trying DFS next, while listening to some good ol' GWAR.

Edit: I loved my triumph. Only reason I decided to do this was A) I broke my triumph (dropped it 20 feet onto concrete :/) and B) I saw an EVO on Craigslist for 20 bucks XD

Oh, and I would make sure you are rooted first. Else you can't read/write from the root of the phone if I'm not mistaken. One more thing; Make sure you run QPST/QXDM in windows XP service pack 3 compatibility. That's what worked for me :D

Last edited:

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
What I did was I found UncivilSage's ZIP file with all flashing tools for the EVO. I then copied files 0 and 1943 after doing open sesame door. I wrote the new MEID/ESN in those files. Now, it won't let you drag and drop back in (not for me at least) but what I did was right click > transfer item from PC > and chose them. That's how it worked for me. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to get my AAA Key from LGNPST, but it won't open for me -_-; says something about C:\Windows\system32\wnsdrvr.sys not found. Trying DFS next, while listening to some good ol' GWAR.

Edit: I loved my triumph. Only reason I decided to do this was A) I broke my triumph (dropped it 20 feet onto concrete :/) and B) I saw an EVO on Craigslist for 20 bucks XD

Oh, and I would make sure you are rooted first. Else you can't read/write from the root of the phone if I'm not mistaken. One more thing; Make sure you run QPST/QXDM in windows XP service pack 3 compatibility. That's what worked for me :D

Hey I had that same issue, the way to fix it is to copy and paste the LGNPST exe file in the zip folder into the LGNPST program files, and then run it.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
I tried that; It failed for some odd reason. I'll give it another go, though!

Strange that it decided to work suddenly...Oh well, no complaints from me!

Edit: So, how do I get LGNPST to recognize the LS670 DLL file? I've tried just the basic drag and drop, and also tried making a Model folder, and a folder IN that saying VM670, and I tried LS670, neither worked. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
You have to install it through dos. You make a folder in the lgnpst folder, throw it in there and install it VIA DOS command. I forgot what the command was, but I found it on google.

UncivilSavage

Jan 7, 2012
Whittier
I tried that; It failed for some odd reason. I'll give it another go, though!

Strange that it decided to work suddenly...Oh well, no complaints from me!

Edit: So, how do I get LGNPST to recognize the LS670 DLL file? I've tried just the basic drag and drop, and also tried making a Model folder, and a folder IN that saying VM670, and I tried LS670, neither worked. Any thoughts?

Under the model folder in the lgnpst find Reggie then drag and drop the DLL file onto it just make sure to run Reggie in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3.

HEATsixteen

Mar 10, 2011
I rooted the phone, and i tried the open sesame door method once again, this time putting my ESN and MEID in instead of just zeroing everything out. When i go into QXDM to try and check if it worked, it says error response received from target, so I reboot the phone, and the MEID and ESN are back to what they were before i changed them.

Last edited:

bcb1

Apr 3, 2012
Help! No talk or text, error code 16, authentication code error

Hi All,

I've flashed two Evo's to Virgin so far. My daughter's went great, it's been working for a week now.

I flashed an Evo for my wife, it went fine, immediately got phone, text, and data working, no problems. But after a couple days, data still works but no talk or text. As soon as I try to make a call, I get an immediate "your authentication code could not be verified, please contact customer services"...error code 16.

Now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I've reflashed it about a hundred times, lol. I even changed the SPC code on the Evo to match the code on the donor Optimus. Nothing helps.

I'm a little nervous to call Virgin tech support. Is that the only option here? I understand that the error code 16 might be that the phone has been flagged for being a clone? Weird that data works fine but the phone service doesn't.

Help!

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Heat: I'm really not sure at this point o_o; That's all I did to get it working...

I can't seem to get the .DLL file to work with LGNPST; I registered with reggie.exe, its run as an administrator and in compatibility mode. Say's registered successfully, yet nothing shows up under the information. I'm lost ._.;

bcb1: I had that same problem; I re-wrote all the MDN/MSID and it took care of the problem; I think I had made a typo somewhere.

Edit: Yeah, no matter what I seem to do with this, I can't get LGNPST to recognize the .dll file. x_x;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to post and say that this works for the EVO on CM7. I tried to get it to work on my sense rom and it force closed android.phone each time. Gotta say thanks a bunch as it was the last thing I needed to get this working perfect.

Don't be afraid to go ahead and hit the thanks button :p

Also would you mind uploading your install zip for others to use so I don't have to build it.

edit: everyone say thanks to constrictor25 for putting this CM7 build together for you guys based on my tutorial.

CM7 for evo with working MMS: http://www.mediafire.com/?vovq9qtl3naa74z
    So how do we go about doing that? I mean your thread basically just says flash this rom for the epic.. could you make a small tut.. thanks! And so glad you finnaly found it!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Extract the following files from your CM7 rom: apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar. (winrar works well to extract and overwrite files in a flashable rom)

Well basically you need to open the apns-conf.xml file in notepad and overwrite the apn settings with these:

<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>

Then change the build.prop, from:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Sprint
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 310120

To:
    CDMA_CARRIER_ALPHA := Virgin_Mobile
    CDMA_CARRIER_NUMERIC := 311490

Then open the framework.jar with winrar (found in system/framework). Remove the classes.dex and decompile (here is a link how to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=709037)

Replace the cdmasmsdispatcher.smali with the one I will attach to this post.

Then recompile the classes.dex and replace it back in the framework.jar.

Overwrite the apns-conf.xml, build.prop, and framework.jar in the cm7 rom you will be flashing. Wipe system, cache, data, & dalvick cache (might want to back up as well to restore data ) and flash.

This should work with cm7, not sure about other roms.

Awesome! Thanks!

When I finally settle on a rom I will try. If it works, I will upload the results here for others, I just need to settle into a rom I like first and then figure it out.

No problem, glad I could help the community out. Like I posted above this, it should work for CM7. Not sure about other roms.
    Patches and a rom
    Flash these just like a rom (wipe Dalvik and cache at most).

AOKP 28 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lta4anv80u4x25e

Dark/Light1 Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a7fvv544yl3wep3
    This is based on AOKP but not identical. I have been having MMS issues (even with my OV), so I can't test it. It was a request, so here it is, it may or may not work.

CyanogenMod Official 7.2.0 RC1 patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?782frz7fup583xc

Harmonia 2.06 for Evo4g on Virgin Mobile Rom
    This is based on the CM 7.2.0 RC1. and seems to run well.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bju33h260q1me71
    MD5: 56dc97e01cf819db0d18362f02d188a0
    If you know Harmonia, you know what to expect from it. This is really just a private build for me/us, since it's patched for Virgin's mms.
    I'm searching through several threads to try to piece together everything I need to add Evo to VM. Is there just one full tut from A-Z to help? I am working on rooting and unlocking now. But as far as CDMA workshop, FPS, QPST and others, which one is really needed?

I used Harmonia on my Optimus V, loved it but I'm kinda anti-stock ware look but it ran really smooth. I will try out the CM7 version for 4G when I get this phone set up, if ever. :confused:

You will probably need QPST/QXDM to write the MEID of the optimus to the EVO. And then you will probably need just DFS CDMA to read and write the old NAM and DATA values to the EVO. You might need LGNPST to unlock the Optimus for reading though.
    If your donor is an Lg optimus V then there is no way to get the secret AAAkeys . the folder they are in EFS system is locked . I have every program PAID and cannot unlock it . The only way i see is before you activate the optimus you must flash a new RADIO file that has the Attribuits of the nmv folder unlocked . I have tried all the programs including qpst qdmx cdma DFS ETC.... it wont read them or let you change that attrubuits of that folder . And Unfortunatly voice and text is all we got . and wifi . Comments?
    Oh there are three versions of the Lg optimus V - one with 2.2.1 and two with 2.2.2 . tried them all .. BTW . they are cheap on ebay . you can pick un the samsung or the optimus for less than 40 bucks with a clear esn ready to activate .

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

It's because you have to have at least 1x working first..at least thats what i fihured out on all my optimus v's .. it will do that if there is no data whatsoever but if yo have at least !x it activates.

I have the LGPSNT and DLL file just pm your email address