Metal speaker grill on the top of the phone coming off below the camera

Search This thread

MCube74

May 8, 2013
I have been using my HTC One M8 for more than 2 weeks now and only yesterday I realized that the Metal Plate / Speaker grill coming up slightly below the front facing camera.

When I press it down it will stick back and look perfect but then again after some time it will come up slightly again.

It is annoying. Is there anyway I can fix this on my own or do I have to take it to HTC for repair?

I have attached 2 pictures. The first one shows the problem below the front facing camera and the second one showing how it is perfect after I pressed it down.

Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
I did on the left side. I simply pushed it down really hard for a minute and it hasn't come back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MCube74

May 8, 2013
I did on the left side. I simply pushed it down really hard for a minute and it hasn't come back.

I have pressed down on the area and held it for 1 to 2 mins. It sticks for a while and then raises up slightly again. I believe it is a glue issue. Hope. HTC will fix it for me.

I have rooted my phone and I am worried they may not help me out.

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
I would unpeel it, add a very small amount of glue. Try HTC first though.

MCube74

May 8, 2013
I would unpeel it, add a very small amount of glue. Try HTC first though.

Yeah I will try with HTC first. I am sure they can do a better job to fix this as they have to remove the metal grill to dismantle the phone so they must have some experience removing and reinstalling the metal grill.

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Exactly same issue here... Poor build quality issues again..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MCube74

May 8, 2013
I gave my phone to HTC for repair. They said it will take 3 to 4 days. In the meanwhile they gave me the HTC Butterfly S to use until I get my phone back.

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
I gave my phone to HTC for repair. They said it will take 3 to 4 days. In the meanwhile they gave me the HTC Butterfly S to use until I get my phone back.

I guess you must have got your phone long back ! Does yours show the same behaviour again ?
How was the device after the service ? Most people including me,experienced scratches on the display. Was your treated in a similar way ? Lemme know...