[Guide][Noobs]How to convert bootanimation.zip to bootsamsung.qmg ?

Search This thread

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
How to convert bootanimation.zip into a bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg :
Hello xda forum members/users/visitors !
Today I am sharing with you how to convert a bootanimation.zip into a bootsamsung.qmg or bootsamsungloop.qmg :highfive:
Pretty simple steps !
I did my best to make the tutorial simplier for NOOBS (like me) :D
What you need:
- Samsung Theme Designer
- 7zip
- bootanimation.zip you want to convert
- And the most important thing: A working brain
Step 1: Converting to bootsamsung.qmg

1) Download and install above programs

2) Open up Samsung Theme Designer

3) Click on the "ST" icon

3) Chose "Create New Theme"

4) Let it on "Non-touchscreen phone" and click "Ok"

5) In phones list click "GT-5520(Spring)", on the right side, click "Default", then give a name to your project and then "Ok"

6) Now, on the left side, click "Idle background", go to the right side, click "Background Type" and set it to "Animated"

7) Go to the downloaded bootanimation.zip, extract it somewhere, open up the extracted folder, go to part0 or part1 and look at the number items in the folder (lower left side)

Tuto4_zps765f5b84.png

8) Go back to Samsung Theme Designer, click "Frame", write the number of your bootanimation picture and hit "Enter" (on your Keyboard :p )

9) Now for "Durattion", you need a working "Brain" ! Open desc.txt of your bootanimation, look for "XXp" (XX stand for a number) Exemple:
480 800 14p 0 0 part1 (here we need 14p)

Try to convert by refering to this:

1000 / 20 FPS = 50 ms

1000 / 25 FPS = 40 ms

Note: You may simply put "30" or "50" if you don't know how to do the conversion :silly:

10) Go to part0/part1 folder of your bootanimation (extracted), select all pictures, Drag and Drop them into "Animation Object Window" in Samsung Theme Designer

11) Now save the theme (just in case you need it again)

12) Click "Export Theme" then "Export", Accept agreement, and click "Confirm". Now the program will compress the bootanimation. It may

take long time if you've many pictures !

13) When finished, click "Ok" and a poup-up will come out, click "Yes"

14) Now right click on "yourprojectname.smt" and open in "7zip"

15) Click on "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" and extract it to somewhere.

16) Go to the Extracted file and rename it from IdleBgAnimObj.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg and transfer it to your phone. Now push into system/media and give a rw-r-r permission

Step 2: Converting into bootsamsungloop.qmg:

1) Repeat sub-step 1 to 6 of step 1.

2) After step 6, click "Repeat" (under "Duration") and set it to "True"

3) Now Continue with the rest of step 1

4) For renaming, rename it to "bootsamsungloop.qmg" instead.

Note:

1) You should use files in part1 folder for step 1 and the ones in part0 folder for step 2

2) Use the same files if you don't have part0 and part1

3) Basically type "50" in sub-step 9 of step 1 if you canNOT find the right number :cowboy:

Warning:

Without bootsamsungloop.qmg your device will go boot loop !

Always make a nandroid backup or a backup of bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (only if you've TWRP or PhilzTouch w/ AromeFM) just in case anything goes wrong.

That's all,

Hope you like it. :angel:

Last edited:

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
How to convert bootanimation.zip into a bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg :
Today I am sharing with you how to convert a bootanimation.zip into a bootsamsung.qmg or bootsamsungloop.qmg :highfive:
Pretty simple steps !
What you need:
- Samsung Theme Designer
- 7zip

5) In phones list click "GT-5520(Spring)", on the right side, click "Default", then give a name to your project and then "Ok"

6) Now, on the left side, click "Idle background", go to the right side, click "Background Type" and set it to "Animated"

7) Go to the downloaded bootanimation.zip, extract it somewhere, open up the extracted folder, go to part0 or part1 and look at the number items in the folder (lower left side)

Tuto4_zps765f5b84.png

8) Go back to Samsung Theme Designer, click "Frame", write the number of your bootanimation picture and hit "Enter" (on your Keyboard :p )

9) Now for "Durattion", you need a working "Brain" ! Open desc.txt of your bootanimation, look for "XXp" (XX stand for a number) Exemple: 480

800 14p 0 0 part1 (here we need 14p)

1000 / 20 FPS = 50 ms

1000 / 25 FPS = 40 ms

Note: You may simply put "30" or "50" if you don't know how to do the conversion :silly:

10) Go to part0/part1 folder of your bootanimation (extracted), select all pictures, Drag and Drop them into "Animation Object Window" in Samsung Theme Designer

12) Click "Export Theme" then "Export", Accept agreement, and click "Confirm". Now the program will compress the bootanimation. It may

16) Go to the Extracted file and rename it from IdleBgAnimObj.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg and transfer it to your phone. Now push into system/media and give a rw-r-r permission

Note:

1) You should use files in part1 folder for step 1 and the ones in part0 folder for step 2

2) Use the same file if you don't have part0 and part1

3) Basically type "50" in sub-step 9 of step 1 if you canNOT find the right number :cowby:

Warning:

Always make a nandroid backup or a backup of bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (only if you've TWRP or PhilzTouch w/

AromeFM) just in case anything goes wrong.

That's all,

Hello , Nonta ,

I want to just ask you that in my part 0 folder there are 28 pics and in part 1 folder there are 15 pics . So , what I have to put in the frame ?
28 or 15 or 43 ? Please reply me soon .

Don't forget to press thanks .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Hello , Nonta ,

I want to just ask you that in my part 0 folder there are 28 pics and in part 1 folder there are 15 pics . So , what I have to put in the frame ?

Hey,
Here's how to convert to get the proper FPS !
5 FPS = 80ms (Too damn SLOW !!! )
10 FPS = 70ms
15 FPS = 60ms
20 FPS = 50ms
25 FPS = 40ms
30 FPS = 30ms
35 FPS = 20ms
40 FPS = 10ms
45 FPS = 5ms
50 FPS = 0ms (High-End devices only !!! Don't try this since NO released device can handle it !)

How to get the exact FPS of your bootanimation.zip ?

Simple :angel:

Open up desc.txt of your bootanimation.zip and look at the number after the bootanimation resolution :)
It should look like this:

480 800 30
p 0 0 part0

Here "30" is the FPS :D and the resolution is 480x800 (S2, Note 1 screen resolution aka WXGA)

Sent from my GT-P5210 powered by AmatROM HD

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Hey,
10 FPS = 70ms
15 FPS = 60ms
20 FPS = 50ms
25 FPS = 40ms
30 FPS = 30ms
35 FPS = 20ms
40 FPS = 10ms
45 FPS = 5ms
50 FPS = 0ms (High-End devices only !!! Don't try this since NO released device can handle it !)

Open up desc.txt of your bootanimation.zip and look at the number after the bootanimation resolution :)

480 800 30
p 0 0 part0

Here "30" is the FPS :D and the resolution is 480x800 (S2, Note 1 screen resolution aka WXGA)

Thanks bro :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Seven parts, really ? Really ?
Sorry but It will be a bit tricky, but let me try to find out how to process.
Please use quote function next time instead of Quick Reply so that I can reply quickly.

Sent from my roommate's computer :p

really? you would help me with this? oh, you are a saint...there is this insane Watch_Dogs CTOS bootanimation that would go perfectly with my Watch_Dogs themed phone...it's in 7 parts and not in QMG though o_O..

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/boot-animation-watch-dogs-t2733053

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
If you could do that wow... My soul would be yours XD... Well... Maybe.... After all.. I only get one :)

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

FarhanFX

Jun 7, 2014
hey guys, i have bootanimation 3 part ? (part 0, part 1, part 2) how about it ?? what i must convert all part to bootsamsung.qmg ??? please answer :angel:

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
hey guys, i have bootanimation 3 part ? (part 0, part 1, part 2) how about it ?? what i must convert all part to bootsamsung.qmg ??? please answer :angel:

This is exactly my question as seen above. Please read. = be patient. They're working on it

Thanks you guys,
I didn't forget !!!
Right now I am a bit taken by exams :(
I will TRY to make the conversion in 2 weeks.

Regards,
Nonta

Sent from my room mate's computer :p

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
Beta1_Test1

If you could do that wow... My soul would be yours XD... Well... Maybe.... After all.. I only get one :)

Attachments REMOVED due to copyright infringements ! Sorry about that !!! I report the whole comment to Mod so that it can be deleted but still here idk why :mad:
Here you go !
Instructions:

- Unzip the package
- push extracted files to /system/media by renaming the old ones.
- give a right permission: rw-r-r
- Reboot and see if it works.

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS

Last edited:

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Here you go !
Instructions:

- Unzip the package
- push extracted files to /system/media by renaming the old ones.
- give a right permission: rw-r-r
- Reboot and see if it works.

Sent from Gallifrey using TARDIS

holy crap...man..will test ROM manager boot animation manager says that it's the.. WD one

EDIT 1 : didn't preview for ROM Manager shows a black screen. The proper preview worked when I renamed the 2 qmg.qmg files to just ".qmg" at the end set permissions and rebooted annnndOHHH MY GOD IT WORKS!! you are AWESOME!! it has all the steps too! would you kindly please let us all know how you converted a step7 boot animation to work with samsung?...i thought it couldn't ever be done :eek:

Last edited:

Nonta72

Mar 27, 2013
Speed Force
I used my head !

holy crap...man..will test ROM manager boot animation manager says that it's the.. WD one

EDIT 1 : didn't preview for ROM Manager shows a black screen. The proper preview worked when I renamed the 2 qmg.qmg files to just ".qmg" at the end set permissions and rebooted annnndOHHH MY GOD IT WORKS!! you are AWESOME!! it has all the steps too! would you kindly please let us all know how you converted a step7 boot animation to work with samsung?...i thought it couldn't ever be done :eek:
Not so complicated, but a bit tricky to explain :silly:
I am just happy it's working :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty simple steps !
    What you need:
    - Samsung Theme Designer
    - 7zip

Tuto4_zps765f5b84.png

9) Now for "Durattion", you need a working "Brain" ! Open desc.txt of your bootanimation, look for "XXp" (XX stand for a number) Exemple:
    480 800 14p 0 0 part1 (here we need 14p)

1000 / 20 FPS = 50 ms

1000 / 25 FPS = 40 ms

Note:

2) Use the same files if you don't have part0 and part1

3) Basically type "50" in sub-step 9 of step 1 if you canNOT find the right number :cowboy:

Warning:

Always make a nandroid backup or a backup of bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (only if you've TWRP or PhilzTouch w/ AromeFM) just in case anything goes wrong.

That's all,

Hello , Nonta ,

Hey,
    10 FPS = 70ms
    15 FPS = 60ms
    20 FPS = 50ms
    25 FPS = 40ms
    30 FPS = 30ms
    35 FPS = 20ms
    40 FPS = 10ms
    45 FPS = 5ms

480 800 30
    p 0 0 part0

Pretty simple steps !
    What you need:
    - Samsung Theme Designer
    - 7zip

Tuto4_zps765f5b84.png

9) Now for "Durattion", you need a working "Brain" ! Open desc.txt of your bootanimation, look for "XXp" (XX stand for a number) Exemple: 480

800 14p 0 0 part1 (here we need 14p)

1000 / 20 FPS = 50 ms

1000 / 25 FPS = 40 ms

Note:

2) Use the same file if you don't have part0 and part1

3) Basically type "50" in sub-step 9 of step 1 if you canNOT find the right number :cowby:

Warning:

Always make a nandroid backup or a backup of bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (only if you've TWRP or PhilzTouch w/

AromeFM) just in case anything goes wrong.

That's all,

Hello , Nonta ,

Hey,
    10 FPS = 70ms
    15 FPS = 60ms
    20 FPS = 50ms
    25 FPS = 40ms
    30 FPS = 30ms
    35 FPS = 20ms
    40 FPS = 10ms
    45 FPS = 5ms

480 800 30
    p 0 0 part0

Thanks bro :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Thread lightly cleaned of off topic and unnecessary comments.

Take the requests or claims of credit needs to PM, which should be between the two primary members, not observers. The rules for resolving said issues can be found by clicking the link in my signature.

Be nice to each other, give credit when credit is due, or get out.

Edit... Apologies for thread lock... It is now opened so that members can respectfully resolve things... Cheers!