External wifi chips for monitor mode

Search This thread

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
I bought a samsung tab 3 8.0 about 4 months ago and was disipointed when there was no support for monitor mode(rooted already) so i was wondering is there any external wifi chips that connect through micro usb and have support for monitor mode?

Reactions: sielhadi

BinaryDroid

I bought a samsung tab 3 8.0 about 4 months ago and was disipointed when there was no support for monitor mode(rooted already) so i was wondering is there any external wifi chips that connect through micro usb and have support for monitor mode?

I don't have the Tab 3 8.0 but on other platforms I target, I use 2 dongles based on RTL8187B chipsets they do both monitor, and injection, they are very well supported and at most all you require is the kernel modules for your platform. I built them out-of-tree with minimal work. I am sure their are many more chipsets others prefer but I use what I know works for me. a little googling will show you what dongles contain this chipset, I pulled the covers off mine to integrate them or I would get you the specific ones I use with great success.

BinaryDroid

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
Thanks but and this my fault for not stating it but I was more talking about having USB otg connected and then connect a USB external WiFi chip to that. The wifi chip I have is the Alfa AWUS036NHA.
So what I want to know is if I go buy a USB otg adapter will it work. As far as I know the Alfa AWUS036NHA has support for Linux(drivers) and android is linux . so would I need these drivers and if so how do I install them? And anther thing is, if this works and is recognized how would I put the chip into monitor mode(with terminal eliminator, could use other methods but terminal eliminator is preferred)?

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sielhadi

Jacker31

Feb 5, 2014
Johor
Thanks but and this my fault for not stating it but I was more talking about having USB otg connected and then connect a USB external WiFi chip to that. The wifi chip I have is the Alfa AWUS036NHA.
So what I want to know is if I go buy a USB otg adapter will it work. As far as I know the Alfa AWUS036NHA has support for Linux(drivers) and android is linux . so would I need these drivers and if so how do I install them? And anther thing is, if this works and is recognized how would I put the chip into monitor mode(with terminal eliminator, could use other methods but terminal eliminator is preferred)?

IDK i am here a little late or not but i dont have a 8.0 but a 10.1 version and we was working on it here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/development-10/dis-android-kernel-modding-gt-p52xx-t3052321 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727771 . It work well but you will need some extra work on kernel modding and also chmod linux onto your device. Give it a try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.