Safestrap and Tmobile?

Search This thread

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Can we use safestrap on our phone and then can I flash any tmo rom on the rom slots as normal?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
Yes, I understand safestrap for hlteatt to work well on hltetmo. Search the forum for more info.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
I looked and I can't find any info on tmo... But I was curious if anyone is using it. ..

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
I looked and I can't find any info on tmo... But I was curious if anyone is using it. ..

Why would you need it, your device is bootloader unlocked, if you attempt to use this on an unlocked bootloader, this could possibly brick your phone, as it patches a bypass to the bootloader...no, this would not be wise...be careful..

Good luck.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Why would you need it, your device is bootloader unlocked, if you attempt to use this on an unlocked bootloader, this could possibly brick your phone, as it patches a bypass to the bootloader...no, this would not be wise...be careful..

Good luck.

I just don't want to trip knox. ... And it's Kool to flash 4 roms to one phone to play around with. .. But yeah I don't want to brick it. .. If someone had used this successfully on this phone I would like to know. ..If not I hope they do something like this for ours. ...

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
I just don't want to trip knox. ... And it's Kool to flash 4 roms to one phone to play around with. .. But yeah I don't want to brick it. .. If someone had used this successfully on this phone I would like to know. ..If not I hope they do something like this for ours. ...

I guess I wasnt very clear before. Several people have already used safestrap on this device (T-mobile note 3/hltetmo) without any apparent issues. All I did just now was type safestrap into the search box on the main page of the hltetmo page and this thread appeared.

Reactions: djtheraven

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Thanx only thing is you can't really flash anything tmo right now. .. And no asop... I'll wait till they expand. ..

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
Thanx only thing is you can't really flash anything tmo right now. .. And no asop... I'll wait till they expand.

I think what he was getting at is that you can flash AOSP ROMs, however since they contain a custom kernel it will trip KNOX. So if you are trying to avoid that, then no AOSP.

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
I think what he was getting at is that you can flash AOSP ROMs, however since they contain a custom kernel it will trip KNOX. So if you are trying to avoid that, then no AOSP.

My knox is 0x1 so if im not afraid of tripping knox can i install aosp and kernels thru this if i installed it on my tmo n3?

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
People with unlocked boot-loaders that want to be confined to a bootstrap........ hell hath frozen over. :eek:

I just paid a final Verizon bill of almost $1k (including ETF's) because of locked bootloaders and being confined to SafeStrap. I am forever grateful to Hashcode for the freedom we have been given but you guys do realize that safestrap partitions up your internal memory into 2GB blocks for system partition and 2-4GB blocks for data partitions for each slot. If you really use your phone you are going to be plagued with out of memory warnings. Plus you cannot flash kernels meaning no AOSP roms either and no more Aroma installs among other things.

When I had my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 and my AT&T Note 3 I always flashed everything to the stock slot and forgo the ROM slots alltogether. Then just backup and restore everything to the stock slot exactly like it was a real recovery. SO you might as well just do the same on a real recovery on the T-Mobile Note 3. Just backup and restore different ROM's (including AOSP!) at will. It may take a little longer to switch betweens ROMs this way but at least you don't have to jump through all those hoops or worse yet really mess up your device using a Safestrap not meant for your device.....all IMO of course.

Reactions: benji667

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess I wasnt very clear before. Several people have already used safestrap on this device (T-mobile note 3/hltetmo) without any apparent issues. All I did just now was type safestrap into the search box on the main page of the hltetmo page and this thread appeared.
    People with unlocked boot-loaders that want to be confined to a bootstrap........ hell hath frozen over. :eek:

I just paid a final Verizon bill of almost $1k (including ETF's) because of locked bootloaders and being confined to SafeStrap. I am forever grateful to Hashcode for the freedom we have been given but you guys do realize that safestrap partitions up your internal memory into 2GB blocks for system partition and 2-4GB blocks for data partitions for each slot. If you really use your phone you are going to be plagued with out of memory warnings. Plus you cannot flash kernels meaning no AOSP roms either and no more Aroma installs among other things.

When I had my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 and my AT&T Note 3 I always flashed everything to the stock slot and forgo the ROM slots alltogether. Then just backup and restore everything to the stock slot exactly like it was a real recovery. SO you might as well just do the same on a real recovery on the T-Mobile Note 3. Just backup and restore different ROM's (including AOSP!) at will. It may take a little longer to switch betweens ROMs this way but at least you don't have to jump through all those hoops or worse yet really mess up your device using a Safestrap not meant for your device.....all IMO of course.