[APP][3.0+][v2.60] Automaton Locker : Intelligent Locking & Unlocking

Suggest cost of paid version

• Total voters
Search This thread

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Automaton Locker

Intelligently sleeps & wakes your device right when you want using various Sensors

Automaton Locker from Automaton Family focuses on Automating your Device by making Locking & Unlocking device Tremendously Simple & Magical.

♥♥ XDA : “Magically” wakes the device right when you want to use it

♥ Designed for Phones, Phablets & Tablets too.

Automaton Locker provides Powers to Control Locking & Unlocking of your device :

♥ Intelligent algorithm to lock & unlock when required
● Gives you ability to use various sensors of your device like Proximity, Light, etc Sensors depending upon which Sensor configuration you choose & very high precision of determining whether to lock / unlock device.
● Instantly locks & unlocks your device just when you want to
● Designed for both Flip Cover & Normal Hand usage.
♥ Too many customization
♥ Lowest battery consumption

● You can skip your lockscreen for instant access to device.
● Keep the screen ON till you lock the screen using Automaton or power key this is great when you need to look at the screen continuously.
● Stops the sensors when you don't need them saving battery
● Tons of Sensor Modes to choose from, variety of features which you would love to use.

Extra Features :

● Ignore App List: Select the app for which my app should stop for preventing accidental lock while playing game & app doesn't disturb during that game
● Invert Ignore App List
● Pocket Timeout
● Night Mode: Select the time & app stops during that time interval
● Calibration: Sensors can be calibrate means you can adjust the value for lock & unlock for better usage & comfort (Only in Pro Version)
● Custom ROM support: Applies special tweaks during first start up
● Plethora of Well Tailored Settings for Customizing the working of App
● Say Time : Tell the time on Unlock

♥ Experience true Automation in Locking & Unlocking your device

Basic uses of app:

● Control Device
● Basic Lock / Unlock of device
● Saves the hardware keys from damage
● Saves battery by instantly locking device instead of pressing any key
● No need to find the unlock/lock hardware key again
● Faster access to device
● Makes you MAGIC MAN
● Keep the screen ON during some work
● Pocket Friendly
● Helps you instantly unlock while driving (Don't try !)

Lot many benefits ...

For more USAGE details refer Tutorial in App.
Please, read FAQ for more information

---------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS A HARDCODED TRIAL.

In order to continue using the app after that period, purchase the Automaton Unlocker, but first make sure you are fully satisfied with it.

I want to thank all the beta testers, especially from the xda-developers forum and the people who took part in the translation project. Without you it would never come out of the beta stage. Thank you!

Join the Community to make Automaton Better

Download

Automaton LockerTrial (Free)

OR

Click here to download from PLAY STORE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Automaton Unlocker

OR

Click here to download PRO from PLAY STORE

Consider, paying me a buck for my development

If you don't have Play Store in your region download the below attachment. But, it is recommended to always download from Play Store
Click here to download Automaton Locker from XDA

This is thread is for discussing issues & bugs found in Automaton

Report all your queries & discussions here or mail me

Flip Cover, Auto Lock/Unlock, Gestures, S4 Gestures, Sensors, Screen, Save Battery, Automation,Motion (Upcoming), Display, ON/OFF, Calibrate, Hand, Pocket, Shake, Proximity, Magnetic, Fusion, Split, Power

Last edited:

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Reserved

Known Issues :

-Edit : Fixed

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

1. What does this App do ?
Ans : Uses various sensors to determine whether the user wanna lock or unlock the screen. Hence,saves time, battery, etc

2. How, do I uninstall this app ?
Ans : Using the uninstall button from Main Screen OR Go to System Settings->Device Administrator->Disable it & then Uninstall the app

3. Is this app completely free & where are the ads ?
Ans : Nope, this app doesn't have ads & ever will & is free but after some period the app gets expire & you need to buy the unlocker

4. Does Cover Algorithm keep running in background ?
Ans : Yes. Because, It needs to run always to lock & unlock phone depending on calculation done by app

5. Does activating the feature 'Start App on Startup' slows down device as told by Android ?
Ans : Yes, for sure but if there are less number of apps for starting on startup then the delay is negligible. If you selected lots of apps or heavy apps then it will slow down the startup of device causing delay

6. Doesn't using sensors continuously consume alot battery ?
Ans : They consume very less power almost negligible. The sensors consume current in few mA

7. Does Disabling the lock screen also remove my secured lock screen ?
Ans : Yes, of course it surely disables lock screen even with password or pattern or any possible lock screen protection. Bug: Lock Screen gets activated when notification tray is used for opening app

8. Does changing sensor affect the battery life ?
Ans : Battery drain rate depends upon the sensor you have selected.Hence, choose such sensor that provides less errors & less power consumption

9. Does changing sensor 'effect' affect the battery life ?"
Ans : Yes, this is because for unlocking the phone. We need to wake the CPU which costs the battery. Hence, for prevention of battery I have added an CPU timeout which drains bit less battery, else you can change effect to ONLY LOCK which doesn't cost much battery

Last edited:

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Power Consumption

How is power consumption?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

The best question asked :

Depends upon:

1. Device you use
2. Sensor you choose
3. Sensor Effect you choose
4. Unlock Timeout selected

Tips to decrease Power Consumption :

1. If your an CM or AOKP or Google Stock Android user then set Unlock Timeout to 0 for Least Battery Usage
2. If you only LOCK as Sensor Effect then Power Consumption is little decreased
3. Use SENSOR which consumes less power not much effective

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace42
D

Deleted member 2086469

Thanks for this app. It really does cover most of the features!

However immediately notice few "bugs" upon first use:

1) Any changes (eg. disable notification icon) made in the settings is not taking effect until I force stop the app through Manage Application (system) and restart the app. Can it take effect immediately or once I pressed back to exit the app setting interface? Like any other app out there..

2) Start Ignore App Monitor button will automatically disabled (previously enabled) upon every start. Although I did not set any app to ignore, is that why it was disabled for this reason? :)

Nice progress though. Keep it up, hope these are fixed soon! :D

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Thanks mate for precious reply.

Your 1st problem :
I know that some settings don't take effect instantly, for that just stop & start
Cover Algorithm service using the toggle. Best solution is to stop service using main toggle before changing settings.

2nd issue :
Ignore app monitor will work only if there is an app selected from ignore app list

Try to download from Samsung Store till I upload on Play Store

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Notice : App uploaded on XDA server has been deleted.
You need to download it from SAMSUNG STORE for now.
I will try to add it on Google Play Store as soon as possible

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Hey guys thanks for testing the app out

Bugs reported will be soon fixed in next updates

Make sure to rate the app on Play Store

Changing this thread into discussion of bugs & all other stuff about app

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Thanks guys for all your reports

All the bugs faced will be fixed in the upcoming update

It will available in few days

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Hello, XDA

Thanks for supporting my app, new major update will be available in few hrs on Play Store.

All, the features requested & bugs reported are fixed

Have fun & please, consider rating the app on Play Store

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Hey, XDA

Thanks for downloading my app it has been downloaded 691 times which is an great achievement for me

I hope you report all your issues here & consider rating my app

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Hey, guys

Good news for all you guys.

Cover Algorithm has already crossed 1000 downloads in just 10 days.
I wanna thank all of you guys, it's just because of you.
New update will be available in few hrs for increasing expiration date.
It contains tons of updates & features improvements & also bug fixes.

Developing to make life easier & inspiring the world.

Reactions: cartmenicus

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Hey, Guys

If your app has been expired then Please, download latest version for shifting the expiry date.

Have fun guys with latest update with no bugs yet reported by Latest version.

Thanks for using my app.

Akshay (Aky)

Jul 10, 2012
Pune
Well, I can post it directly here but, I will bit get your bug reports on my Play Store Developer Console & also download statistics & updates, etc.
Next thing is that, Google doesn't allow sharing apk on other sites.

Thanks for testing guys.
I will keep up my good work.

Sent from my GS3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Automaton Locker

Intelligently sleeps & wakes your device right when you want using various Sensors

Automaton Locker from Automaton Family focuses on Automating your Device by making Locking & Unlocking device Tremendously Simple & Magical.

♥♥ XDA : “Magically” wakes the device right when you want to use it

♥ Designed for Phones, Phablets & Tablets too.

Automaton Locker provides Powers to Control Locking & Unlocking of your device :

♥ Intelligent algorithm to lock & unlock when required
    ● Gives you ability to use various sensors of your device like Proximity, Light, etc Sensors depending upon which Sensor configuration you choose & very high precision of determining whether to lock / unlock device.
    ● Instantly locks & unlocks your device just when you want to
    ● Designed for both Flip Cover & Normal Hand usage.
    ♥ Too many customization
    ♥ Lowest battery consumption

● You can skip your lockscreen for instant access to device.
    ● Keep the screen ON till you lock the screen using Automaton or power key this is great when you need to look at the screen continuously.
    ● Stops the sensors when you don't need them saving battery
    ● Tons of Sensor Modes to choose from, variety of features which you would love to use.

Extra Features :

● Ignore App List: Select the app for which my app should stop for preventing accidental lock while playing game & app doesn't disturb during that game
    ● Invert Ignore App List
    ● Pocket Timeout
    ● Night Mode: Select the time & app stops during that time interval
    ● Calibration: Sensors can be calibrate means you can adjust the value for lock & unlock for better usage & comfort (Only in Pro Version)
    ● Custom ROM support: Applies special tweaks during first start up
    ● Plethora of Well Tailored Settings for Customizing the working of App
    ● Say Time : Tell the time on Unlock

♥ Experience true Automation in Locking & Unlocking your device

Basic uses of app:

● Control Device
    ● Basic Lock / Unlock of device
    ● Saves the hardware keys from damage
    ● Saves battery by instantly locking device instead of pressing any key
    ● No need to find the unlock/lock hardware key again
    ● Faster access to device
    ● Makes you MAGIC MAN
    ● Keep the screen ON during some work
    ● Pocket Friendly
    ● Helps you instantly unlock while driving (Don't try !)

Lot many benefits ...

For more USAGE details refer Tutorial in App.
    Please, read FAQ for more information

---------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS A HARDCODED TRIAL.

In order to continue using the app after that period, purchase the Automaton Unlocker, but first make sure you are fully satisfied with it.

I want to thank all the beta testers, especially from the xda-developers forum and the people who took part in the translation project. Without you it would never come out of the beta stage. Thank you!

Join the Community to make Automaton Better

Download

Automaton LockerTrial (Free)

OR

Click here to download from PLAY STORE

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Automaton Unlocker

OR

Click here to download PRO from PLAY STORE

Consider, paying me a buck for my development

If you don't have Play Store in your region download the below attachment. But, it is recommended to always download from Play Store
    Click here to download Automaton Locker from XDA

This is thread is for discussing issues & bugs found in Automaton

Report all your queries & discussions here or mail me

Flip Cover, Auto Lock/Unlock, Gestures, S4 Gestures, Sensors, Screen, Save Battery, Automation,Motion (Upcoming), Display, ON/OFF, Calibrate, Hand, Pocket, Shake, Proximity, Magnetic, Fusion, Split, Power
    Reserved

Known Issues :

-Edit : Fixed

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

1. What does this App do ?
    Ans : Uses various sensors to determine whether the user wanna lock or unlock the screen. Hence,saves time, battery, etc

2. How, do I uninstall this app ?
    Ans : Using the uninstall button from Main Screen OR Go to System Settings->Device Administrator->Disable it & then Uninstall the app

3. Is this app completely free & where are the ads ?
    Ans : Nope, this app doesn't have ads & ever will & is free but after some period the app gets expire & you need to buy the unlocker

4. Does Cover Algorithm keep running in background ?
    Ans : Yes. Because, It needs to run always to lock & unlock phone depending on calculation done by app

5. Does activating the feature 'Start App on Startup' slows down device as told by Android ?
    Ans : Yes, for sure but if there are less number of apps for starting on startup then the delay is negligible. If you selected lots of apps or heavy apps then it will slow down the startup of device causing delay

6. Doesn't using sensors continuously consume alot battery ?
    Ans : They consume very less power almost negligible. The sensors consume current in few mA

7. Does Disabling the lock screen also remove my secured lock screen ?
    Ans : Yes, of course it surely disables lock screen even with password or pattern or any possible lock screen protection. Bug: Lock Screen gets activated when notification tray is used for opening app

8. Does changing sensor affect the battery life ?
    Ans : Battery drain rate depends upon the sensor you have selected.Hence, choose such sensor that provides less errors & less power consumption

9. Does changing sensor 'effect' affect the battery life ?"
    Ans : Yes, this is because for unlocking the phone. We need to wake the CPU which costs the battery. Hence, for prevention of battery I have added an CPU timeout which drains bit less battery, else you can change effect to ONLY LOCK which doesn't cost much battery
    Amazing beta update for Automaton Unlock has been released & will be available in few hrs to download.

Automaton Free will be receiving few updates & soon XDA edition to come which will be based on features of Free but will also have some features of Paid.

It will be an intermediate for XDA guys. Exclusive XDA EDITION

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Active display from moto X? :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Will try my best to do it.

Thanks... Just wanted to point out your poll at the top is in the wrong format I believe... For me in USA it reads 100 $ USD... I can't image you intended to ask if your app is worth $100 USD, maybe you meant $1.00 USD?

Even though I already bought the paid and cant remember how much I paid, I would suggest maybe $2.00

Actually, the poll options are wrong :p
    Also, I can't change them. :banghead:

The cost changes according to variation with my home currency.
    It is normally around $2.

Used the free version for a matter of seconds before I realised this is exactly what I have been looking for.

Really looking forward to seeing future gesture features. I am also looking for a way to use nfc while phone is locked, I'm I right in saying you are playing with that atm?

Thanks mate.
    Glad to hear that your wait is now over.
    ;)

Lot many new things are coming & few are around the corner. :thumbup:
    Where I can find v1.83.2? In google play v1.7.3 only... :(

It is actually paid version.

Hi,

I come to support your app (paid for it for good use)
    I found a bug, how to enable Night time when I check it, it says Night time started then immediately it says stopped. I've set stop time at 2am and start time at 8am.

Also, can I request no notification icon for Air gesture too? Because it is there for Main Automaton app but not for air gesture (and maybe you may consider to combine two icons into one icon, use different icon to specify either or both functions are enabled), it saves my notification space which is already 'crowded' :)

Thanks a lot :D

I will check the night mode bug.
    Thanks for suggestion. Will implement one notification for both the features.