Android 4.2.2 Ruined my tablet. Any suggestions?

Search This thread

Malikih

May 9, 2014
Hello, I currently have an insignia flex 10.1. When I first purchased this device it was perfect. I wired my car to utilize this tablet as a head unit through my micro HDMI port. However a week ago my chrome was acting poorly and had bee for a while. So after clearing cookies and cache, I updated the OS just for good measure. Terrible mistake. Doing so moved the on screen home button to the center of the screen just below the space bar when before it was off to the left. Completely changed my keyboard settings. But the most infuriating aspect was now with the update when my micro HDMI port is being utilized the volume is locked on max with no way of lowering it. Since its my car stereo head unit this is a big problem. Not only that but my music app actually has volume controls built in as well as an equalizer. That's the whole reason I purchased the app. All volume and sound settings remain locked as long as the port is used. I'm at my wits end. If it was hardware I would be able to figure this out, however When it comes to software I don't know where to start. Please any ideas?
Sent from my NS-14T004 using XDA Free mobile app

rishav754

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
Hello, I currently have an insignia flex 10.1. When I first purchased this device it was perfect. I wired my car to utilize this tablet as a head unit through my micro HDMI port. However a week ago my chrome was acting poorly and had bee for a while. So after clearing cookies and cache, I updated the OS just for good measure. Terrible mistake. Doing so moved the on screen home button to the center of the screen just below the space bar when before it was off to the left. Completely changed my keyboard settings. But the most infuriating aspect was now with the update when my micro HDMI port is being utilized the volume is locked on max with no way of lowering it. Since its my car stereo head unit this is a big problem. Not only that but my music app actually has volume controls built in as well as an equalizer. That's the whole reason I purchased the app. All volume and sound settings remain locked as long as the port is used. I'm at my wits end. If it was hardware I would be able to figure this out, however When it comes to software I don't know where to start. Please any ideas?

1. backup your phone(it will erase your data)

2.go to setting >>backup and reset >> factory data reset

...now try to connect it ......it may help .

Malikih

May 9, 2014
I've done a soft reset using the system, and a hard reset using them button sequence. Neither returned it to stock

rishav754

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
I've done a soft reset using the system, and a hard reset using them button sequence. Neither returned it to stock

if your insignia is under warranty please visit service center ......if not then root it and install stock rom ( warranty void )

but fist conform that problem is solved or not ......

Malikih

May 9, 2014
The service center can't do anything. I've called and taken it to geek squad. As far as rooting it goes I don't know how. I can't find information that directly relates to my tablet. For stock ROM I've read a couple places it just doesn't exist for this model yet.